What's new

Thomas Bergersen's new album (Sun)?

Anyone else excited? 8)
Of course. When I had a 10 hour working day at my hotel "mini" job and I am walking home to start composing this timeframe is for the new Sun album.
It compensates the whole day. "Our Destiny" is absolutely written for me. These French Horns get me every time.

Bravo! :wink:

I absolutely love the album. It reminds me of the kind of music I got into composing for...very focused, melodically driven music. With Thomas there is always a melody to lead you through the music with incredibly detailed and complex orchestrations surrounding it.

Absolutely incredible work and totally deserves all the success it is having. I am actually loving 'Our Destiny' right now but that changes everyday :)

-DJ

The Final Frontier track from the trailer is a treat, I like the tight-sounding synth arpeggio. Great sound overall!

Sometimes I get a bit tired of the TJ worshiping around here, but in this case I think it's well deserved.

This is indeed an excellent album. And better than a vast majority of epic music out there.

It's a really genuine effort, it'd be wrong saying the contrary. Sincere melodic (with some gets-in-your head sequences) & rhythmic parts with lots of things to learn from a modern neo-orchestral perspective sonically. Thomas has sure built some distinctive traits that you can recognize in his music, plus he's a good communicator, something not surprisingly rather rare because of the difficulty this represents in the composing process, and you can only applaud and give him credit for that...--- "however"---, as this album didn't have a particular strong label as much as his trailer music, i found myself wondering at times, while listening to some of the harmonies, chord progressions, the way the instrumentation is used, and even melodies (something i find him generally refreshingly good at), without naming any tracks, how much formula vs. personal aesthetic taste there is for him, as in (and i'm truly sorry out of respect for TJ if this sounds wrong :? ) did he work harder on some tracks than others composition-wise, if there should even be any dichotomy mentioned in this album, or maybe it's just me :roll: ....

Loved the album but man, thats really squashed! Sometimes it has the opposite effect..you are expecting a bump on the energy and it just stays basically the same but with more instruments.

The Final Frontier track from the trailer is a treat, I like the tight-sounding synth arpeggio. Great sound overall!

I agree. I wonder how he did the synth Arp? It's my favourite thing I have heard from him and also love how the synth goes into the Vocal hook at the end! :)

Top Bottom