What's new

The settings Hans used to create the drums for Dune

The MSEGs are probably used as envelopes though, not for sequencing the rhythm.

Could be either one really, only people around here that can say for certain are Hans and Kevin. But I still think it’s plausible that it’s some MSEG madness

Hello, just a confirmation from one's of HZ's working mate. This is pure Zebra and nothing more!
little edit, for compressors. He really meant compressorS. From what I recall, they talked about putting 8 compressors with similar setting in the same chain.....

Hey so I tried recreating the drums on zebrahz and this is the closest I could get. I used msegs for the main ryhthm,noise,comb filters,xmfs,a lot of effects from zebrahz and then i rendered it out,stacked the same audio several times with various pitch shifts,eqs and compressors and this is what got. I made the tempo slowing down manually by slicing the audio and moving it around.

Last edited:
The closest I found was this: The energy is pretty much spot on although the sound doesn't match 100%. Love the commissions and discussion here btw.

Hey so I tried recreating the drums on zebrahz and this is the closest I could get. I used msegs for the main ryhthm,noise,comb filters,xmfs,a lot of effects from zebrahz and then i rendered it out,stacked the same audio several times with various pitch shifts,eqs and compressors and this is what got. I made the tempo slowing down manually by slicing the audio and moving it around.

Amazing work wow! Is there a way you could share the patch to experiment with? I really want to try to get the compression, distortion and reverb like the original one.

I've gotten good results with the comb filters in Zebra 2 vanilla to create stuff that reminds of talking drums, bongos, etc. This is a preset from my next soundset:

Obviously on its own it doesn't stand a chance... but if you hit the right notes/velocity in a mix it does get an acoustic instrument vibe.

BTW just released that soundset a couple of days ago:

BTW just released that soundset a couple of days ago:

Wonderful. Those ZebraHZ comb filters are fantastic

best

ed

Top Bottom