What's new

Eclipse for Zebra2

Pier

Hi everyone!

Lots of exciting news to share today.

New name and new website​

First things first, Mercury Sound Design is no more. My sound design project is now called Kiff Audio.

If you're wondering what this "kiff" thing means... You can see the explanation in our brand new website!

https://kiffaudio.com/about/

eclipse.jpg

Eclipse for Zebra2​

Eclipse is a collection of meticulously crafted cinematic Zebra2 presets. It's a refinement over the techniques I started developing on Nightmare.

Usually synth soundsets are made to contrast with acoustic timbres but Eclipse was designed from the start to blend seamlessly. Many presets fully use the physical modeling capabilities of Zebra2 to become another organic layer in your production.

Eclipse will be most useful when underscoring, adding subtle noir vibes and textures to your next project. It's a palette of sounds that will work in many genres that require a touch of darkness like thriller, drama, psychological horror, or Nordic noir.

You can listen to this wonderfiul demo track here by our beloved @Bee_Abney . First the full track blended with sample based instruments and then just the Zebra tracks with no processing:

More info and preset demos in our website:

https://kiffaudio.com/products/eclipse-uhe-zebra/

Intro price is $20 with the code INTRO-ECLIPSE until May 1st.

BUY HERE

I hope you enjoy Eclipse and find it very useful.

Last edited:
Forgot to mention that there's also a Zebra bundle available for a massive discount:

If you already have any of my Zebra soundsets you can get the bundle for a discount and getting the missing soundsets at $17.50 each.

To get your discount code contact me here on VI-C with a private message or with an email to: [email protected]

Congrats Pier. Will check it out today. Sound examples and the Demo (great job @Bee_Abney) sounded fantastic.
Thanks @R. Naroth ! Would love to hear your impressions. You're an absolute Zebra sensei 🙏

Last edited:
These are some of the very best presets I've ever used. And they blend seemlessly with orchestral sample libraries. I could never create presets like this myself; but I am very glad to get to use them.

I m curious to know how much is "dressing" in all the preset banks demo. I m seeing the last demo stating 100% Zebra. I m curious about all the other tracks. They sound nice, but would like to know how much is made solely from the patches

I m curious to know how much is "dressing" in all the preset banks demo. I m seeing the last demo stating 100% Zebra. I m curious about all the other tracks. They sound nice, but would like to know how much is made solely from the patches
No dressing or cheap tricks.

The preset demos are pure Zebra. No mixing or mastering applied.

AFAIK the music track where it says 100% Zebra doesn't have any mixing plugins @Bee_Abney can confirm this. I only applied a very slight mastering to that track to increase the gain by 3-4dbs.

AFAIK the music track where it says 100% Zebra doesn't have any mixing plugins @Bee_Abney can confirm this. I only applied a very slight mastering to that track to increase the gain by 3-4dbs.
Sorry I m even more confused ( or I m stupid). What is the difference between the one track that says 100% Zebra and all the other ones. What are the others ones made of, in terms of content of the track.

That's right. No plugins at all. No reverb, limiting, EQ, etc. And every preset was played as it comes, without tweaking.

The orchestral tracks have reverb, EQ and compression added. But the Zebra tracks have nothing in either version.

Sorry I m even more confused ( or I m stupid). What is the difference between the one track that says 100% Zebra and all the other ones. What are the others ones made of, in terms of content of the track.
One version has orchestral instruments. The 100% Zebra version has those tracks muted and is otherwise unchanged.

Sorry I thought this was more obvious.

In the website there are preset demos. These are just individual presets being played. Again, these are just Zebra. No plugins or mastering going on.

Then there's one music demo track (Avowed). This track uses a combination of samples and the presets in Eclipse. There's also a version of Avowed without any samples and only the Eclipse presets are audible. This is the version that says "100% Zebra".

Let me know if you have any more questions!

Right ok thx. Yeah I understood that actually yes. I just always wonder how much dressing there is. Once in a mix, additions and product synth source are getting more and more tough to tell appart, especially because the dressing can me made with sample libraries that heavily mangle the instrument/orch sources. ( heavyocity products to name one).
( I have not listen to all of yours here, so I m talking in general)

But yeah all good, I like what I hear, I might go for the bundle

Top Bottom