What's new

The Dawesome Thread - Abyss, Novum, Kult, Love discussion. New synth - Myth (April 18!)

all the dawesome stuff sounds rad but also very difficult for me to create patches that can blend into non experimental scores or beds that sound organic and acoustic, perhaps myth will buck that trend by allowing import of samples like guitar plucks, electric keyboards or pianos to create otherworldly but still recognizable sounds
Not sure if this goes some way to answering your question or not, but here is a short video of a guitar sample, the sample as it sounds dropped straight onto Myth (with a little tweak to the ADSR) and then me messing around a bit.

It's versatile imo. At one point (around 2:08) you see me change the sample used to train the resonator module - a great way to apply acoustic/organic feel to the sound. You can also drop any sample you want onto the resonator and modal modules and train them.

It will come with 650+ presets so hopefully something for everyone's tastes.

Screenshot 2024-04-16 at 10.46.01.png

This one?

This is the BREED function. You can make a selection of presets in the preset browser, eg select all noisy, dark pads. Then you can click on the chick-icon and MYTH will breed a new preset taking this selection into account.

You can combine this with the randomization: here the longer you press dials will be moved randomly

And you can activate FREEZE, and block entire sections from being impacted by breed / randomization.

Screenshot 2024-04-16 at 10.46.01.png

This one?

This is the BREED function. You can make a selection of presets in the preset browser, eg select all noisy, dark pads. Then you can click on the chick-icon and MYTH will breed a new preset taking this selection into account.

You can combine this with the randomization: here the longer you press dials will be moved randomly

And you can activate FREEZE, and block entire sections from being impacted by breed / randomization.
Fantastic! Do presets have an audio preview function when you click on them or is it a case of remembering beforehand which presets you want to include before hitting the breed icon?

Based on a quick search, over the last few years Tracktion apparently hasn't done a general sale between the spring sale and the Labor Day sale (Labor Day is September 2nd this year). So if you start the trial for Myth tomorrow but try to wait until the next sale for a possible extra 10% off then there will probably be at least about a month and a half between the end of your trial and the next sale.

Last edited:
And here's more:

"aftertouch makes this thing sing"---I loved that... until he added that aftertouch is mapped to vibrato, which I'd prefer to play more expressively by using pitchbend. Oh well. Vibrato on vibrato can be interesting. But I'll probably end up mapping AT/Press to other things instead.

"aftertouch makes this thing sing"---I loved that... until he added that aftertouch is mapped to vibrato, which I'd prefer to play more expressively by using pitchbend. Oh well. Vibrato on vibrato can be interesting. But I'll probably end up mapping AT/Press to other things instead.
It looks like there are plenty of options.

Top Bottom