What's new

The Dawesome Thread - Abyss, Novum, Kult, Love discussion. New synth - Myth (April 18!)

just going to hijack this thread to say I have my Tracktion account for sale at the moment. I bought a few Dawesomes and to be honest never got into them, they always sounded too polished for me, lol, I only have Abyss left, Tracktion used to allow individual sales but now they only allow complete account takeovers. Gotta say Kult, Abyss etc at 49$ is an amazing deal - I did not like them, personal taste, but they are obviously really good synths and at that price they are a steal

Yay! Just picked up Abyss, which completes my Dawesome collection. Looking forward to Myth - not long now! :elephant:
Wonder if Dawesome will ever do a modular environment so preset designers can combine or chain multiple Dawesome synths (and individual effects as separate modules) in a single patch and have it work across all DAWs... or maybe Tracktion will try to do it for most of the synths they sell.

nice video but I heard nothing much different from any other good modern synth. Which is not a bad thing, good modern synths are amazing, but makes MYTH of little interest to me unless it reveals something special after release

(Tomofon is probably the most unique synth I have come across lately - fed with the right material it creates some very unique and powerful sounds)

Last edited:
nice video but I heard nothing much different from any other good modern synth. Which is not a bad thing, good modern synths are amazing, but makes MYTH of little interest to me unless it reveals something special after release

(Tomofon is probably the most unique synth I have come across lately - fed with the right material it creates some very unique and powerful sounds)
Tomofon is great, that's true! I think Myth sounds very distinctive, too; but you can always try the lengthy trial to see what result you can get when shaping the sounds yourself.

You've reminded me to spend more time experimenting with Tomofon, thank you!

Tomofon is great, that's true! I think Myth sounds very distinctive, too; but you can always try the lengthy trial to see what result you can get when shaping the sounds yourself.

You've reminded me to spend more time experimenting with Tomofon, thank you!
I take timprebble libraries, cut them up, and send them to tomofon - is like nothing else (good and bad haha)

all the dawesome stuff sounds rad but also very difficult for me to create patches that can blend into non experimental scores or beds that sound organic and acoustic, perhaps myth will buck that trend by allowing import of samples like guitar plucks, electric keyboards or pianos to create otherworldly but still recognizable sounds

My hope anyway

Me, I'm looking for a synth to recreate acoustic instruments that are more flexible to play and transform than samples.
I bought Msoundfactory for this purpose but I am not an expert in synthesis techniques.
So if a synth based on tools for resynthesizing samples can help me in this task in the synplant way (or even better), I'm interested.

Top Bottom