What's new

Spitfire Spring Wishlist 2020?

Does anyone happen to know what time this will launch ? In the US here, so wondering if I could buy and start downloading before I go to bed !

that would be lame, since BBC SO is 6 Months old already. And they promised, back then, to have them in the future sales, with the same discounts as the others.
BBC has just been restyled to pro, core, discover, with new features. Its even on intro price.

Does anyone happen to know what time this will launch ? In the US here, so wondering if I could buy and start downloading before I go to bed !

3am in the US (New York)… A little too late haha
But midnight if you're in California!

Last edited:
doesn't matter.. sale is sale.. the intro price is to lure people into buying it (because of the spinoffs).
However, this spring sale is a different one, and should have the regular discount they have with allmost all of the products. It's not new you know. And they promised it. (the product will be part of the upcoming and future sales)
That's one way to look at it. The other way: you can get Discover for free, and doing that knocks 50 euro's off of the price of Core and Pro. That's BBC core at 300 euro's. Or wait for the next sale, in which it will be 30 euro's cheaper (at 40% off).

That's one way to look at it. The other way: you can get Discover for free, and doing that knocks 50 euro's off of the price of Core and Pro. That's BBC core at 300 euro's. Or wait for the next sale, in which it will be 30 euro's cheaper (at 40% off).

[removed my comment text]

Last edited:
i'm not talking about core.. i am talking about pro.
at 700 it's 30 percent discounted (including the 50 bucks people get because of discover, because it's not worth 50 buck, hence the discount you get), not 40%.
40 percent discount would bring it down to: 600 bucks, quite a difference if you ask me. (100 bucks difference) It's the principle behind it.
But tomorrow we'll see, if they keep their promise or not. :)

People who have access to the sale already say the pro is at intro pricing in the spring sale..

doesn't matter.. sale is sale.. the intro price is to lure people into buying it (because of the spinoffs).
However, this spring sale is a different one, and should have the regular discount they have with allmost all of the products. It's not new you know. And they promised it. (the product will be part of the upcoming and future sales)

Most developers do not apply a full or any kind of discount on recently released products.
IMO rolling back to introduction pricing as well as discounting $50 further for users who have the free Discovery edition is very generous on Spitfires part.
I am by no means a Spitfire fanboy or apologist but this sense of entitlement being displayed is IMO uncalled for and please correct me if I missed it but I don’t recall Spitfire ever saying everything will be reduced in price using any particular discount formula.

Hi Manuel,

I am not in a hurry to share my work as I am still learning and at the bottom of many mountains. Perhaps I will try something for VI Control. I think there is a sharing music section. Promise to go easy on me please! I do not wish to walk the plank quite yet. I am giving myself a good chance to earn proper skill as it is needed and I am still a music student taking my studies. There are some great composers here. Criticism could be a very good thing to learn from so I would definitely welcome it. Nobody likes to be told they are wrong but if information can change performance or the way I think about how I work on music, that could be to my advantage.
I shared one of my first attempts. Everyone was very nice and helpful with their criticism here. It was actually very useful.

BBC SO has been out for less than a year so there was zero chance of it being discounted by 40%. I would expect it’ll be 2021 before you see a 40% discount.

Soniccouture had its 2019 summer sale the third week of June, everything except its latest library 50% off. If there's a 2020 repeat, the price of Watson's libraries would be $80 each :)

There are some good videos on YouTube about Watson's libraries, including interviews with him.

For those who don't know Watson...

Wikipedia page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Watson_(musician)

Wikipedia on his band, Cabaret Voltaire: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cabaret_Voltaire_(band)

There's a fair bit about Watson on YouTube, including this excellent lecture on his work with Sir David Attenborough and the UK's National Gallery:

Chris Watson: The Sound of Story

I really wanted Geosonics, but ended up getting Haunted Spaces first in the big NI sale they had. I then got Geosonics when th hey did the half off sale. I find I use Haunted Spaces much more often. It's more usable sounds, at least for me. And there are a lot of great preset packs for it. With Geosonics, I find I have to mess with the presets or they are just white noise and mostly sound alike to me.

I really wanted Geosonics, but ended up getting Haunted Spaces first in the big NI sale they had. I then got Geosonics when th hey did the half off sale. I find I use Haunted Spaces much more often. It's more usable sounds, at least for me. And there are a lot of great preset packs for it. With Geosonics, I find I have to mess with the presets or they are just white noise and mostly sound alike to me.

Thanks. I have a very high regard for Chris Watson, but don’t have either of these libraries. I plan to get one or both of them if Soniccouture has a sale next month, and will keep your comments in mind.

I shared one of my first attempts. Everyone was very nice and helpful with their criticism here. It was actually very useful.
Right now, I only have one full library that I can write anything with that sounds reasonably complete - OACE. I am still acquiring my first few libraries. Once I have a more complete set of tools and have had a bit of time to experiment, I think I will be more confident to share and ready for some feedback. I appreciate your encouragement. That is very nice.

that would be lame, since BBC SO is 6 Months old already. And they promised, back then, to have them in the future sales, with the same discounts as the others.
Generally, they aren't on the wishlist sales for a year after they come out. I wasn't expecting BBCSO to be 40% until this Xmas sale.

Top Bottom