Spitfire Spring Wishlist 2020?

unclecheeks

Is my memory correct that Spitfire usually have a wish list sale sometime in April? Picked up SStS Pro during the sale last month, and really enjoying it so far; interested in picking up the rest of the collection. At a deep discount as always, of course! :scout:

Edit: whoops, wrong thread!

Last edited:

TomislavEP

IIRC, there was Spring Wishlist sale sometime in April or May for several years now. I'm hoping there will be one this year so I can finally add "Chamber Evolutions" to my collection. In addition to the dozen Spitfire Audio libraries I already own, this is the only one that I really want (need) right now.

TomislavEP

Does anyone recall when they've usually announced the Spring Wishlist in the past? Perhaps there is a possibility they'll skip this sale due to the general situation this year...

fretti

Does anyone recall when they've usually announced the Spring Wishlist in the past? Perhaps there is a possibility they'll skip this sale due to the general situation this year...
I think you normally have around 1 week to add products to your wish list, so we should see invitation mails somewhere in the next 2-3 weeks :)
(if I remember correctly, last year they started the sale 5th or 6th of May)

Brian Nowak

I asked the same question on another forum. Somebody pointed out that more than ever, it makes sense to have a sale as otherwise fewer people than ever are probably buying anything that isn't "needed".

TomislavEP

I asked the same question on another forum. Somebody pointed out that more than ever, it makes sense to have a sale as otherwise fewer people than ever are probably buying anything that isn't "needed".
This certainly makes sense. Personally, I hope there will be a sale so I can "close a chapter", so to speak. As I wrote earlier, I would very much love to add the OACE library to my collection of a dozen Spitfire products. Many of their libraries are out of my financial reach, but frankly, those which I already have plus Chamber Evolutions - hopefully in not too distant future - are the ones that I really wanted to have at my disposal.

RogiervG

ppp to fff thinker
depends if they also introduce a new orchestra library with intro sale price attached.
that is even better than BBCSO (e.g. good horns and trombones :P, and prestine legatos)

muk

They are taking their time this year. I chatted with a rep during the Cinesamples sale. I was trying to decide whether I should get the Cinesamples bundle, or maybe Spitfire BBC SO. The rep told me that Spitfire "historically" has had a wishlist sale "at Easter". And the chance was very high that it would be the same this year. He wouldn't tell me any more than that. Also he couldn't tell me whether BBC SO was likely to be included in the sale or not. We'll have to wait and see.

yiph2

They are taking their time this year. I chatted with a rep during the Cinesamples sale. I was trying to decide whether I should get the Cinesamples bundle, or maybe Spitfire BBC SO. The rep told me that Spitfire "historically" has had a wishlist sale "at Easter". And the chance was very high that it would be the same this year. He wouldn't tell me any more than that. Also he couldn't tell me whether BBC SO was likely to be included in the sale or not. We'll have to wait and see.
I checked last year's FAQ for Black Friday and it said: Products released in the last six months are back at their introductory offer price or 25% off
So as BBCSO was launched in late Oct, I think it will be in the sale.

Also, does anyone know will they do that thing where on Facebook they make a poll about which library for 50% off? Last year it was Albion One

Reactions: muk

StarfireBlack

I'm really hoping they do as I want to get the Studio Orchestra. Any idea if it is classified as a single library or a bundle? I would assume the latter with it effectively being 3 in one 🤔

OP
U

unclecheeks

I'm really hoping they do as I want to get the Studio Orchestra. Any idea if it is classified as a single library or a bundle? I would assume the latter with it effectively being 3 in one 🤔
Yea, you can purchase separately or as a bundle. That's the one i have my eye on too. Have the Strings Pro already, which I like, and thought I'd complete with the brass and winds, but I've heard mixed reviews on those... 🤔

wetalkofdreams

Their usual 'save 30% on this library this month' has became a 'save 40%' for May - That's a pretty strong indication the spring wishlist is happening.

Screenshot 2020-05-01 at 11.38.12.png

TomislavEP

Their usual 'save 30% on this library this month' has became a 'save 40%' for May - That's a pretty strong indication the spring wishlist is happening.
And perhaps a hint that discount will be even bigger than usual. One can dream. But considering my current and only SA wish, I would be happy enough with the standard sale. :)