What's new

Spitfire Audio's Percussion Swarm

Is it just me? I find this release totally underwhelming.i watched about 5 minutes of Paul’s walkthrough and moved on.

Is it just me? I find this release totally underwhelming.i watched about 5 minutes of Paul’s walkthrough and moved on.

Whereas it strikes me as possibly the one percussion library that I would really like to buy.

I think the demos are amazing, I'd love to see how it would work with Orchestral swarm and the like. It's not something that I'd known I wanted, but I really feel what it would bring to the kind of things I like to write.

Whereas it strikes me as possibly the one percussion library that I would really like to buy.

I think the demos are amazing, I'd love to see how it would work with Orchestral swarm and the like. It's not something that I'd known I wanted, but I really feel what it would bring to the kind of things I like to write.

Bias shows clearly, but Homay's Audio Track opens many interesting and positive options.
Brings to mind vintage song title ..... 'Sophisticated Lady'

Will add this to other SF _ Swarms. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Bias shows clearly, but Homay's Audio Track open many interesting and positive options.
Brings to mind vintage song title ..... 'Sophisticated Lady'

Will add this to other SF _ Swarms. :thumbsup:

Yes, unsurprisingly for this kind of thing, Homay's demo is particularly good, and particularly makes me think I need this library.

I wan't surprised to hear in interview Christian did with her that her background is in synths. She brings this sense of texture to compositions, which comes across in a kind of subtly on this kinds of libraries.

Which is what draws me to this library, not the thonkingly loud stuff I'm sure you can to with it, but the nuance it could bring. The only other percussion I have is Albion One and V, which, though nice, isn't the most subtle.

Although in fact, to this point, I've find Kontakt more or less good enough for most of what I would do with percussion (ie. not very much)

I'm never likely to buy an "epic percussion" library, but this really feels like something new. And suggest that I need to start think about percussion more texturally.

Fun library.

The library sounds great, and I can see how it would be useful. I don’t see myself diving in with this one though. It’s a unique library for extra texture. I have a handful of texture libraries that only come out every once in a while. Maybe down the road during a sale, or something.

I wonder if anyone actually won a copy. They didn’t announce anything during the stream, or after.

I didn’t want to be the first to say it, but yeah, underwhelming for sure. I did watch the whole video, and was disappointed.

I just watched the walkthrough and I have to say, I love it and will buy this lib! It is something I've always wanted to have, as I love the endless possibilities you have with percussion.

Big thumbs up from me!

I tapped a few notes to test too quickly.
I am pleasantly surprised by the dynamism of the percutifs elements, the sound recording is very successful.
Swarms and swells generated are magnified.
See you later.

SA - PS - Xylophones.jpg

Only a few weeks after spending $1100 CAN purchasing BBCSO, my credit card seems to be creeping out of my wallet once again, saying "feed me, feed me"! :) I truly love what I've heard so hard and this library seems perfect for a new project I'm just starting, so it definitely looks as if it will soon be time to purchase it. And it was recorded at AIR so it should fit perfectly with my numerous other Spitfire libraries recorded at the same venue. As usual, thank you Paul for your excellent walkthrough (and thanks also to Paul and Christian for the new release video).

I've watched a walkthrough yesterday. An interesting concept and some gorgeous sounds and textures. The main sounds are great, but I imagine that they are also excellent fodder for sound design patches, though those weren't showcased much in the video. Pianos, keys, strings, and ambiances/textures are my main weaknesses, so I'll keep this library on my Spitfire wishlist for some future opportune time.

Top Bottom