What's new

Spitfire Audio Abbey Road Orchestra: Metal Percussion

If it's indeed Metals recorded in Abbey Road (which seems quite likely at this point) and if it sells for $449 (like the other two percussion libs from that series), I am wondering the following: is there any lib with similar content and price point with which we should compare it?

If it's indeed Metals recorded in Abbey Road (which seems quite likely at this point) and if it sells for $449 (like the other two percussion libs from that series), I am wondering the following: is there any lib with similar content and price point with which we should compare it?
I'd say VSL Synchron Percussion, but it depends on how ridiculous the metals recorded are -- VSLs are mainly orchestral based, but I have a feeling from the video and knowing Spitfire that there's gonna be a bunch of esoteric stuff recorded with a jug. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yeah, a well recorded, deeply sampled orchestral metallophone library would easily be worth $449 if it was extensive.

Crotales, Xylophone, Glock, maybe Vibraphone, Chimes, Gongs, Tamtams, Cymbals, Thundersheets, Celeste, Triangles, Cowbells, etc. Soniccouture has a limited Orchestral Perc bundle for $5-600.

Just sharing my thoughts here :

What if this is a new Charlie Clouser library like Hammers ?
Or experimental Percussion Library like Resonate or even Percussion Swarm ?
Maybe a new library in their Solar engine ?

Just sharing my thoughts here :

What if this is a new Charlie Clouser library like Hammers ?
Or experimental Percussion Library like Resonate or even Percussion Swarm ?
Maybe a new library in their Solar engine ?
Spitfire used the caption "The culmination of over 20 years experience", which they also used for the last two ARO's. I'm 100% certain it's an ARO. Makes sense too because High Percussion didn't have any metals in them. Not even a tambourine in the toys patch.

The floor looks like it could be Abbey Road studio one... or Air Lyndhurst haha. Actually Air looks a little darker in some pictures.

Top Bottom