What's new

SM Solo Strings and Ensembles

Yes, there was a thread about it a while ago here - many where not impressed by them using a live performance overdubbed, as when the true live performance was heard instead, many felt it showed up the weaknesses of the samples. Personally, I thought it sounded great, but I think it just comes down to individual taste.

Garry is about right. Judged on its own I don't think it sounded bad at all but it wasn't mocked up to my particular tastes so overall I didn't think it was enough to draw a conclusion

So, is Sample Modeling using the same Physical Modeling Engine as the one Audio Modeling uses for their products ? Does Audio Modeling License their Player to Sample Modeling, or are they two different PM Engines ?

So, is Sample Modeling using the same Physical Modeling Engine as the one Audio Modeling uses for their products ? Does Audio Modeling License their Player to Sample Modeling, or are they two different PM Engines ?
They're different engines.

Sample modeling blends modeling and samples. Audio modeling uses a different engine and technique, preferring modeling. The two companies used to work together but do not do so anymore.

They're different engines.

Thanks. Yes, I was checking Sample Modeling's products at this time, and they are mainly their Solo Brass, which are Kontakt based. So I'm guessing they will be using Kontakt for their Strings. I wonder when their Strings will be released ?

Sample modeling blends modeling and samples. Audio modeling uses a different engine and technique, preferring modeling. The two companies used to work together but do not do so anymore.

Is Sample Modeling using Kontakt for both the Modeling and Sample content, I wonder how they manage doing this ? Given that Kontakt iteself has no Physical Modeling features, how do they integrate the two engines ?

Top Bottom