What's new

Save up to 63% on orchestral tools

Probably, why?

I'm considering it as well. Thought it would be nice to have a "present" to look forward to. Something that I can play with once I get back from my parents and have a few days to myself. The last two years I binge played videogames on those days, but there's no specific one I'm really looking forward to at the moment, and maybe I'll play with Ark 1 instead.

I'm considering it as well. Thought it would be nice to have a "present" to look forward to. Something that I can play with once I get back from my parents and have a few days to myself. The last two years I binge played videogames on those days, but there's no specific one I'm really looking forward to at the moment, and maybe I'll play with Ark 1 instead.

Given its release date, Ark 4 would fit the bill :whistling:

I have Albion One, Iceni, Trailer Brass, Trailer Strings. Are the Ark 1 and 2 still going to give me something extra? One thing I like is although the strings are not fully sectioned the brass pretty much is which I lack. I make big sounding hybrid trailer music quite often. I was saving for CSS and CSB but for my kind of work is not essential and Ark is appealing for the bigness of sound.

Still debating whether I want Ark 1. It seems like the high and low ensembles are octaves for the most part? I prefer to do my own octave doublings anyway, but doesn't this also limit the playable range compared to individual sections?

Still debating whether I want Ark 1. It seems like the high and low ensembles are octaves for the most part? I prefer to do my own octave doublings anyway, but doesn't this also limit the playable range compared to individual sections?

That was my initial beef with the Arks.

I've come to love and use them in spite.

I have other libs for detail work.

I find ranges to be a problem in Ark 1, especially for the lower instruments (in general they don’t go as high as I’d like). Only the strings have the octave doublings, and I think the strings are the weakest part of the library (of Ark 2 as well but the strings are somewhat more flexible in that library though I find the legatos in Ark 2, especially in the low strings, to be less than ideal).

Last edited:
I find ranges to be a problem in Ark 1, especially for the lower instruments (in general they don’t go as high as I’d like). Only the strings have the octave doublings, and I think the strings are the weakest part of the library (of Ark 2 as well but the strings are somewhat more flexible in that library though I find the legatos in Ark 2, especially in the low strings, to be less than ideal).

that's why Ark 4 swoops in and saves the day with...

Power Legato !!!

\

Sadly this is only a hobby for me (probably good for my wallet that it's not more than that llol)

I personally don't think music as a hobby is a sad thing at all.

So you like what you're doing so much you do it for free...how great is that!

Over the years I get the strong feeling that ultimately people aim toward doing what they like doing. That makes you a winner.

I have Albion One, Iceni, Trailer Brass, Trailer Strings. Are the Ark 1 and 2 still going to give me something extra?

I own the first two and based on those there's just one succinct answer: yes, absolutely. ESPECIALLY if you get both 1 and 2.

If it was just 1 I'd tell you Iceni might hold you over just fine.

I e-mailed NI some days ago, asking if I really have to pay the German VAT when ordering from Switzerland (the difference to the Swiss VAT is more than 10%, so not negligible when ordering the Ark collection). I haven‘t heard back from them and didn‘t find the answer on their site or in their forums.

Does someone here know the answer? Sorry for the slight OT, but the answer might influence, what I‘m going to order.

Several european stores offer the same price, independently from the VAT amount. Here in Switzerland is not so high like in other countries, but the final price is the same. For this reason I usually buy by BestService, when possible.

That was my initial beef with the Arks.

I've come to love and use them in spite.

I have other libs for detail work.

Psychology of sales. I'm definitely interested in Ark 2, and at 50% off would almost be insta-buy by itself. But... For just $150 more I could add Ark 1! I don't do a ton of "epic" and don't necessarily feel limited by what I have when I do... And those string ensembles seem very limiting. But, $150!

Blergh.. if only it was Ark 2 and 3 for $500.

Psychology of sales. I'm definitely interested in Ark 2, and at 50% off would almost be insta-buy by itself. But... For just $150 more I could add Ark 1! I don't do a ton of "epic" and don't necessarily feel limited by what I have when I do... And those string ensembles seem very limiting. But, $150!
It may just be me, but I wouldn’t buy Ark 1 for the strings. I find them very limited. On the other hand almost everything else in Ark 1, especially the choir and brass, is very good and useful beyond epic things.

It may just be me, but I wouldn’t buy Ark 1 for the strings. I find them very limited. On the other hand almost everything else in Ark 1, especially the choir and brass, is very good and useful beyond epic things.

Oh, definitely not looking at it just for the strings. Just trying to determine what value it would add for me, so have to consider all the components.

Same for me, the strings (mostly the high) are the most unsatisfying part of 1, but quite nicely represented in 2 imo.

Top Bottom