What's new

Saga or Drum Fury?

Genki

I'm in need of a perc library. I've used Cerberus from AI and Heavyocity Master Sessions Ensemble. Not a fan of the processed trailer music sound of those. I do like big percussion but I would prefer something a bit more organic or not so tight processed, but something that can still do the epic sound and be versatile. Having cymbals is also a plus. I have used Soundiron's APE but I don't like the sound :/

I've narrowed it down to RedRoomAudio's Saga and Sample Logic's Drum Fury. They both have a nice price. I love the minimalistic GUI of Drum Fury, but overall with the instruments I think I might be leaning a bit towards Saga.
Neither of these have loops included which is great, as I hate them and never use them.

Anyone that has one or the other or both and can give their thoughts?

I'm in need of a perc library. I've used Cerberus from AI and Heavyocity Master Sessions Ensemble. Not a fan of the processed trailer music sound of those. I do like big percussion but I would prefer something a bit more organic or not so tight processed, but something that can still do the epic sound and be versatile. Having cymbals is also a plus. I have used Soundiron's APE but I don't like the sound :/

I've narrowed it down to RedRoomAudio's Saga and Sample Logic's Drum Fury. They both have a nice price. I love the minimalistic GUI of Drum Fury, but overall with the instruments I think I might be leaning a bit towards Saga.
Neither of these have loops included which is great, as I hate them and never use them.

Anyone that has one or the other or both and can give their thoughts?
I have both, and I like Drum Fury better. Simply because Saga has too much baked-in reverb for my taste. Drum Fury will fit with more different genre, while Saga is made for immediate trailer sound.

I have both, and I like Drum Fury better. Simply because Saga has too much baked-in reverb for my taste. Drum Fury will fit with more different genre, while Saga is made for immediate trailer sound.

I see. Also, I've heard that Sample Logic put copyright claims or takedown Youtube uploads that contain Drum Fury in them, like if someone has a track and the library is used in it. That kinda sucks if it's still the case :/

You should have a listen to Strezov's Orchestral Percussion X3M. I don't own it, because I already have too many percussion libraries, but if I was with nothing, it would be on my list.
https://www.strezov-sampling.com/products/view/orchestral-percussion-x3m.html

I listened to it before, but it's too traditional orchestral style for my taste, when it comes to the instruments. I prefer the instrument selection in Saga, Drum Fury. More "epic". Edit: Other than these 2, Auddict Drums of the Deep 2 Unleashed also looks cool (its also 50% off atm)

Last edited:
Edit: Other than these 2, Auddict Drums of the Deep 2 Unleashed also looks cool (its also 50% off atm)
Drums of the Deep are amazing! But you get only the big drums, no snare/cymbals stuff. The sound of DotD is closer to what you get with Drum Fury.

I see. Also, I've heard that Sample Logic put copyright claims or takedown Youtube uploads that contain Drum Fury in them, like if someone has a track and the library is used in it. That kinda sucks if it's still the case :/

Eh? Where did you hear that? Thats not good?

Eh? Where did you hear that? Thats not good?

In the comments of their walkthrough/showcase of their library, multiple people complained about it. And no, it's not. You should be able to use the library in your projects and make profit and use it for commercial use. At least, other devs definitely don't claim YT videos with their libraries in them. But maybe it has changed in the case of Drum Fury, so I dunno.

Be aware that Drum Fury is CPU intensive. And each patch is one mic position. It's pretty disorganized out of the box, but gives decent options to customize it.

Yea. After loading two Concert Drum patches and playing them at the same time, Konkakt shot the CPU % to 100 and crackle-festival began. Crazy.

I like Drum Fury as well depsites the above mentionned cons which are true (CPU speaking, I haven't encounter big issues on my side though. AFAIR, layering Drum Fury patches never made my session cough. I'll pay attention to that next time.
I like to be able to transpose each drum. The sound is nice. You get cymbals indeed.

...I use it a lot actually.
(But I don't have a lot of other solutions so I might lack some perspective...)

Would also be interested in opinions on both of them, since they are both available for a similar price at APD this weekend.

In particular, have there been CPU improvements in Drum Fury since 2019?

Top Bottom