What's new

Saga or Drum Fury?

Saga is smaller and very processed but useful.
Drum Fury is has a weird layout and strange preset organization and I find myself always getting rid of the real time processing on it. But many of the patches are really really excellent.

If I would need to choose just one, I would go with Drum Fury.
Also, it's very red!

Sorry to add a variable to this equation but do you guys think Drum Fury or Saga brings anything to the table to someone who already owns Apocalypse Percussion Ensemble and Damage (1)?
Thanks

Sorry to add a variable to this equation but do you guys think Drum Fury or Saga brings anything to the table to someone who already owns Apocalypse Percussion Ensemble and Damage (1)?
Thanks
I have AP Elements, Spitfire Percussion, Action Strikes, 8Dio Epic Taiko Ensemble and some other smaller libraries. I don't have Damage, though. However, in my situation I still find that both Drum Fury and/or Saga would bring new useful stuff.

I have AP Elements, Spitfire Percussion, Action Strikes, 8Dio Epic Taiko Ensemble and some other smaller libraries. I don't have Damage, though. However, in my situation I still find that both Drum Fury and/or Saga would bring new useful stuff.
Thanks. I have AP full mojo however, but that's useful information nonetheless.

Keyboardist ignorance rises anew :sad:. Have Audiobro-LADD (as well as Drum Fury, Damage).
Was ready to do APD-SAGA 'deal' but now losing some enthusiasm .....

Last edited:
Would also be interested in opinions on both of them, since they are both available for a similar price at APD this weekend.

In particular, have there been CPU improvements in Drum Fury since 2019?
Not really. Drum Fury is amazing but a massive CPU hog; however, I turn all the built-in processing off (i.e:compressor/reverb) and use my own. Can't go wrong.

Not really. Drum Fury is amazing but a massive CPU hog; however, I turn all the built-in processing off (i.e:compressor/reverb) and use my own. Can't go wrong.
Thank you for your answer. Is it still a CPU hog after turning off the built-in processing?

I haven't noticed it being a CPU hog.. but drum fury is pretty cool.. but yeah, patch layout isn't great as someone mentioned above..

Really doesn't get spoken about here enough..

I agree, it sounds great, and I'm very tempted to get it..but I finally spent some quality time with heaviocity Damage (I've owned it for 5 years..) and I must say, getting Fury seems redundant. Any opinions?

I agree, it sounds great, and I'm very tempted to get it..but I finally spent some quality time with heaviocity Damage (I've owned it for 5 years..) and I must say, getting Fury seems redundant. Any opinions?
Different recordings...different feel.

It all depends on what you already own. Saga and Fury will NEVER be a one step solution.

Get something solid and comprehensive first, like Cineperc, or else, and build upon it with libraries that YOU like.

Last edited:
Top Bottom