What's new

Relaunch Today Spitfire Symphony Orchestra (Strings, Brass, Woodwind, Percussion, Harp & Piano)

Ooh... that is less promising...
However, it might be that they will do a new pro relaunch later on, which DOES include these mics*
(i hope so anyway)

*free for current owners of the older (available till today) SSO PRO/Complete
(i am not going to pay twice for things i already have)
It seems likely that they will offer missing mics and mixes at some point. I wonder how many times SF has already offered those extra mics since the release of Mural.

Let's talk money.

At the intro price, this is the same cost as BBCSO Core, which has less content, sampling detail and only one signal. Even at full price - there's not going to be a vast cost gap between the two libraries.

So...does this now make SSO the "budget option?"

I'm assuming brass and woods do infact come with the performance legatos as it says it in description but looks like they may have accidently left the performance legatos out of articulation list for brass and woods.
Incoming — They are being added to the page now — Thanks for highlighting.

Legatos Featured:
Violins 1 - Performance
Violins 1 - Sul G - Performance
Violins 2 - Performance
Violins 2 - Sul G - Performance
Violas - Performance
Violas - Sul C - Performance
Celli - Performance
Celli - Sul C - Performance
Basses - Performance

Trumpet Solo - Total Performance
Trumpets a2 - Performance
Trumpets a6 - Performance
Horn Solo - Performance
Horns a2 - Performance
Horns a6 - Performance
Trombones a6 - Performance
Tenor Trombones a2 - Performance
Bass Trombones a2 - Performance
Tuba Solo - Performance

Flute Solo - Total Performance
Flutes a2 - Performance
Alto Flute - Performance
Piccolo Flute - Performance
Bass Flute - Performance
Oboe Solo - Performance
Oboes a2 - Performance
Clarinet Solo - Performance
Clarinets a2 - Performance
Bass Clarinet - Performance
ContraBass Clarinet - Performance
Bassoon Solo - Performance
Bassoons a2 - Performance
ContraBassoon - Performance
Cor Anglais - Performance

I'm not sure if they're going to release a Pro version.
Because the Outrigger was previously included in the Pro version.
If they were thinking about releasing a Pro version, I think they would have only included CTA mics in this version.
well there are still quite a few mics (and mixes) left, to reintroduce in this new format.
Maybe it will be offered for a little extra money (addon).

Also, the complete had additional instruments (Scraped percussion, Aluphone, Steel Drums etc)

Kinda bummed they discontinued the main libraries for this even though it seems to be an amazing package.

Been wanting Symphonic Strings Professional a lot lately, but now I’ll forever miss out on the Gallery Mics and Special Mixes :sad:

That is Quite a Suprise! :) I hope that JJ mixes will be added later down the road cause they are so good, using em all the time. Also hoping for SCS to be there some day..!

Top Bottom