What's new

ProjectSAM S4:Pandora

Look closer at the MIDI blocks in the video. It's all prerecorded ostinatos played with long single notes.

How can you tell, it's so zoomed out in the daw it could be a lot of different notes but the track preview will put them together.

You can't affirm anything yet, we can only speculate, we'll have to wait for more info but you could be right

If there are only phrases, then it depends very much on the variability and the selection. Sometimes I find the use of phrases or loops ok, but in the long run I find it a limitation.
A reason that kept me from buying a Sonokinetic stuff.

:crying::crying: ...... Sonokinetic ------ Have almost all !! :notworthy:

I think you are right. It could be a phrase based library. They said it is their most elaborated project. So it could be a new way of using phrases.....
Or not.....
Hoping for something new and surprising.....
But PROJECTSAM give us some infos please.... Only one moth to go.......

:crying::crying: ...... Sonokinetic ------ Have almost all !! :notworthy:
Don't you use it, or do you use this library a lot?

Every now and then I find phrases quite practical, but I find it easiest to use percussion phrases.
Ostinatos ... you can build it yourself relatively quickly.

What I find decisive is how variable you can use these phrases. How many variations of these phrases are there when phrases repeat too often ... then you quickly notice that they are phrases.

Midiexport is a must if they are phrases!

Edith says:
What I have noticed so far with the Symphobias is that I use the phrases there very rarely or not at all. Most of the time I have a basic framework and then they don't necessarily fit in, especially as they haven't been timesynced.

Don't you use it, or do you use this library a lot?

Every now and then I find phrases quite practical, but I find it easiest to use percussion phrases.
Ostinatos ... you can build it yourself relatively quickly.

What I find decisive is how variable you can use these phrases. How many variations of these phrases are there when phrases repeat too often ... then you quickly notice that they are phrases.

Midiexport is a must if they are phrases!

Edith says:
What I have noticed so far with the Symphobias is that I use the phrases there very rarely or not at all. Most of the time I have a basic framework and then they don't necessarily fit in, especially as they haven't been timesynced.

;)
THX! No worries at this point, and so much content that I can have much variation to access /use.
Just noted your post and reacted. Usage is modest .....

S4 : Adaptative Orchestral transitions and effects.......

What the hell is this ????????

Last edited:
;)
THX! No worries at this point, and so much content that I can have much variation to access /use.
Just noted your post and reacted. Usage is modest .....
I'm interested in Vivace, but I don't think that has any midi export function. Otherwise I find Minimal still quite interesting.
I don't remember which Sonokinetic version had such a run builder, I'd be interested in that too.

If Pandora has useful phrases as well as the individual instruments, it is interesting.

The sound is absolutely great, like in all of the Project SAM products IMO.

And phrases can really be inspiring and save some time, however, very often I see myself being limited by phrases and therefore, I tend to avoid them. But to hell, if it sounds good, use them! :D ...

I was just now watching the Lakers vs Clippers game and during the commercial break there was a Progressive Insurance ad that was heavily based on Lumina. Check it out:

The main motif is from a patch called Witch's Cottage. It's no coincidence that ProjectSAM is everywhere even after all those years, their stuff sounds great out of the box, zero effort, easy money.

Pandora will be no different and whoever gets it will be in inspiration heaven.

Correct, it's just tempo-sync'd phrases.

Minimal and Capriccio have saved my ass countless times.

I have Minimal and I think it is brilliant - you can just enhance the live feeling of any chord-progression based music track. The only downside is that they offer only pure minor and major chords...but the sound, simply wonderful!

SAM dropped another clue on their website. While i appreciate them not hyping up S4, i would certainly love to hear some more of the library!

Man.....12 days countdown......And no infos .........cluster pulses.....Time synched transitions........
That's all ?......
No buzz? No trailer ?....
No gui picture???
Make use dream. Please...

Top Bottom