What's new

Phaseplant!!!!!!

Is there a simple way to turn the noise on higher velocity notes down (or up)? If so would it require Kilohearts effects that don't come with Phase Plant (and if so which ones)?

For example, the noise from 0:02 to 0:03. Aside from that the trumpet sounds very convincing. Though the noise could be tweaked into an interesting percussive effect (or FM'd maybe?...).

Once again I am impressed by the work done on this modeling, and in particular on the emulation of legatos / portamento.
Its developer says that more than sixty percent of its construction is dedicated to legatos, and that only the brass and baritone sax are equipped with this new programming.
He is preparing to update his woods with the same implementations, maybe soon a competitor to VWinds?
His blog seems to imply that the woodwinds 2.0 updates will be free if you own the old version, but is that true? I'd guess people who owned Brass 1.0 or the individual instruments got the corresponding update to 2.0 for free? For the woodwinds he wrote, "The price will be increased when the 2.0 version is released, as I will rebuild all of the instruments from scratch. So I suggest you go grab it now ;)"

Hmm, wonder if the timbres will be substantially different. I'm liking the timbre in the Youtube demos for the oboe and the bassoon. The concert flute and the clarinet are close but not quite doing it for me. May be better as an ensemble....

On Brass 2.0: "Currently there is little room for additional functionality as I have maxed out all the modulations in the patches"

Does that mean we can't add more modulators? I'd guess Pressure and MPE Timbre aren't already set up... assuming they aren't, does that mean we can't add them without deleting two of the modulators he's set up?

"Along the bottom of the screen is the modulator lane. Here you can add modules that can be used for modulation such as LFOs and envelopes. It's possible to add up to 32 modulator modules."

Glad I spotted that before buying... only really interested if I can play it expressively with the Seaboard. Also a bit leery about the pitchbend being set to 2 rather than 48 in the Brass 2.0 demo.

On Brass 2.0: "Currently there is little room for additional functionality as I have maxed out all the modulations in the patches"

Does that mean we can't add more modulators? I'd guess Pressure and MPE Timbre aren't already set up... assuming they aren't, does that mean we can't add them without deleting two of the modulators he's set up?

"Along the bottom of the screen is the modulator lane. Here you can add modules that can be used for modulation such as LFOs and envelopes. It's possible to add up to 32 modulator modules."

Glad I spotted that before buying... only really interested if I can play it expressively with the Seaboard. Also a bit leery about the pitchbend being set to 2 rather than 48 in the Brass 2.0 demo.
Yes, he confirmed that Pressure and MPE Timbre can't be added because all the modulators are being used. But he indicated that he might try to add them.

Of course one could try deleting two of the modulators, IDK if there are any in particular that aren't important. And for monophonic playing one could have Timbre/Y Axis/Slide map to modwheel and assign Pressure to parameters using the DAW.

Does anyone know how long the Expressive E/Phaseplant promotion lasts?
I haven't seen the information on the site.

No, 30th as Solarsentinel said.

I put an interesting intreview here:

This is a quote from the website:

Intro offer! Get the best deals on the phase plant expressive suite until April 15th.

Read carefully and compare the 2 statements. My quote explicitly mentions "phase plant expressive suite". Solarsentinel's quote is about "select expressive software". It's 2 different things.

Last edited:
Is there a way to modulate FM amount other than modulating the level of the "from" oscillator? Or modulate FM ratio? For example, I want MPE Timbre (Y axis) to modulate FM amount on the sustain of the "from" oscillator, but with no or a low level of FM prior to increasing MPE Timbre. Is the best solution to do FM from a duplicate of the intended "from" oscillator but mute its output by unclicking "out", and then modulate the level?

Not sure if I understand you correctly, but if you have an envelope modulating the amount of FM applied to an OSC like below 1713221207114.png

Then you can use the MPE Timbre (or any other CC) to control the level of the envelope. I have attached a preset to show what I meant...again not sure if it is what you are after.

Just change the extension from .zip to .phaseplant (I didn't zip it)

Attachments

• ModTest..zip
    9.6 KB · Views: 1
Not sure if I understand you correctly, but if you have an envelope modulating the amount of FM applied to an OSC like below 1713221207114.png

Then you can use the MPE Timbre (or any other CC) to control the level of the envelope. I have attached a preset to show what I meant...again not sure if it is what you are after.

Just change the extension from .zip to .phaseplant (I didn't zip it)
Thanks. In my gui it seems to be a yellow star underneath the orange plus below the Phase.

Not sure how many of you are interested in sound effects but if you're in game audio you may find this one useful. These can be also used as an additional effect sounds in music production context as well.

Top Bottom