What's new

Orchestral Tools: Junkie XL Brass—new update for solo horn and horn sections available

Do not believe everything pirates tell you.

fortunately, I don't have ears to what they do but eyes; a peer sent me a JXL 12 horns screenshot, that's all I've experienced from them

I know what you are referring to and I can assure you those patches are NOT in any way, shape or form part of JXL Brass. They really are not.

glad to hear they are not causing any real damage then

Really looking forward to whatever this ends up being. I'm still not fully sure what to expect but I am hoping its big and has bite :)

-DJ
Apparently this won't be a Kontakt library tho, so not sure if it will fit your workflow. I hope you get a copy for a walkthrough. They are always helpful!

Apparently this won't be a Kontakt library tho, so not sure if it will fit your workflow. I hope you get a copy for a walkthrough. They are always helpful!

God dammit. I hope a Kontakt version is possible. If not I hope its just good enough that I want to load a new player everytime...although that hasnt happened with a custom player yet. We shall see.

-DJ

God dammit. I hope a Kontakt version is possible. If not I hope its just good enough that I want to load a new player everytime...although that hasnt happened with a custom player yet. We shall see.

-DJ

Come on now, Daniel... I know you love the SF player don’t lie!

that's awkward, if there's a pirate version of jxl and it isn't jxl, who's library is being pirated??

imagine getting news about a product because of a leak

well OT I'm glad it's not your library- if it is from your studio I hope you track down the rat leaking it.

its absolutely heartbreaking that there are artists happy to steal from other artists... I have never made a dime off my music and I still pay for my hobby

-DJ
normally I'd agree, but if it saves me ram from the mic mixdown feature then it's totally worth it for me

normally I'd agree, but if it saves me ram from the mic mixdown feature then it's totally worth it for me

That and I’m assuming it’ll allow routing each articulation to a different MIDI channel? That’s the only Kontakt feature I really want to have, if so I’m all for it cause the new features they showed off on their keynote were really cool.

That and I’m assuming it’ll allow routing each articulation to a different MIDI channel? That’s the only Kontakt feature I really want to have, if so I’m all for it cause the new features they showed off on their keynote were really cool.
cubase expression maps can do almost anything.

similarly reaticulate in reaper is powerful.

however Daniel uses cubase so /shrug if you're going to use different midi channels is no different than track per instrument in most ways

cubase expression maps can do almost anything.

similarly reaticulate in reaper is powerful.

however Daniel uses cubase so /shrug if you're going to use different midi channels is no different than track per instrument in most ways

True, did they say anything about vibrato crossfade with the new player? That's probably my favorite SF feature that OT doesn't currently have.

True, did they say anything about vibrato crossfade with the new player? That's probably my favorite SF feature that OT doesn't currently have.
??????????? my friend you do realize capsule can do a lot more than that? lol I can cross fade between entire instruments - let alone articulations. Not just crossfade vibrato, you can xy crossfade between sustain, trill, tremelo, vibrato - ect.

I'm more worried they'll get rid of my ability to crossfade between completely different instances. As it stands I can combine all the berlin string expansions.

attached is an example where I used a 2d(XY) crossfade between sustain without vibrato, strong vibrato, romantic vibrato, and tremolo.

as well as a berlin brass 3a(2tb+1btb) trombone sustain that crossfades into Ark 1's 3a bass trombones.

I can do this because you can use empty slots in the articulations. so that you can use different articulations from different multis(and thus from different libraries).

Attachments

• xfade.mp3
    454.3 KB · Views: 64
??????????? my friend you do realize capsule can do a lot more than that? lol I can cross fade between entire instruments - let alone articulations. Not just crossfade vibrato, you can xy crossfade between sustain, trill, tremelo, vibrato - ect.

I'm more worried they'll get rid of my ability to crossfade between completely different instances. As it stands I can combine all the berlin string expansions.

attached is an example where I used a 2d(XY) crossfade between sustain without vibrato, strong vibrato, romantic vibrato, and tremolo.

as well as a berlin brass 3a(2tb+1btb) trombone sustain that crossfades into Ark 1's 3a bass trombones.

I can do this because you can use empty slots in the articulations. so that you can use different articulations from different multis(and thus from different libraries).

Alright, I’m sold, I’m buying the Berlin series lol

I'm more worried they'll get rid of my ability to crossfade between completely different instances. As it stands I can combine all the berlin string expansions

Since you (I think it was you?) had explained this to me in another thread, I too hope this will be in the new player. But in worst case, I guess it's possible to create multiple instances that receive the same MIDI to achieve the same effect.

Can you please provide a picture demonstrating how to do this across libs? I'd like to crossfade ark 2 horns to ark 1 horns...

Since you (I think it was you?) had explained this to me in another thread, I too hope this will be in the new player. But in worst case, I guess it's possible to create multiple instances that receive the same MIDI to achieve the same effect.
It was. I've mentioned it before.

abx im not at the daw anymore, but it's simple:

you set up 2 multis recieving the same midi messages, then stagger the articulations in the order you want to crossfade.

for instance: If you wanted to crossfade Ark2 and Ark1 sustains it would look like this

Ark 2 multi | … | Sus | … | … |… |… |… |… |… |
Ark 1 multi | Sus | … |… | … | … | … | … | … |

then when you press keyswitch 1+2 itll look like this

Ark 2 [ … ][Sus]
Ark 1 [Sus][ … ]

Top Bottom