What's new

Orchestral Tools: Junkie XL Brass—new update for solo horn and horn sections available

I also hear issues with the stereo field and I'm not totally surprised. My experience with Glory Days is the same. one note sounds like its coming from the right, the next the center, the next a little to the left, even on some of the close mics :shocked:

Dear All, Tom Holkenborg here... I would love to answer questions if you have one!

I’m super proud of the library and a lot of you will be really happy once you hear all the instruments! I’m working on a demo as we speak! Stay tuned!! Xxx tom

What are some specific features you incorporated into this library that you felt existing libraries on the market were lacking? And how has your experience with the SINE engine been so far as opposed to your go-to Kontakt?

Really excited for the library, I pre-ordered as soon as it went online!!

Dear All, Tom Holkenborg here... I would love to answer questions if you have one!

I’m super proud of the library and a lot of you will be really happy once you hear all the instruments! I’m working on a demo as we speak! Stay tuned!! Xxx tom
Hey Tom,

wheres the Snyder Cu... ehm, sorry.

So, after coming off the dancefloor and becoming a composer, and seing the Orchestral Sampling Future in Computer Hell you mentioned a few times that Brass Libraries are the "worst" accross all types of orchestral libraries, even in this moment.
What exactly did give you nightmares and could be improved the most, and where do you think you nailed it with JXL Brass? Which ambitions with the project did you need to let "drift away"?

Will there be a JXL Radio Technical Support?

ps: I hope there will be a little less conversation over here than in the BBCSO thread.

edit: I was too slow, same question as KEM

Reactions: KEM
Thank you for the pre order!

All brass from super soft warm ppp over 5 layers to true fff

Super consistent attacks and velocity control

Merge your own mixes into a stereo stem for light operation

Offer very processed hype brass sound AND complete natural microphe sound

2 attacks on sustains... actually really played not an overlay

Beautiful rich sound that is needed in modern fimscoring

I hope the solo horn legato example doesn’t represent the rest of the legatos as it sounds quite disjointed, but I’m looking forward to hearing more of the library.

Hey Tom, thanks for joining in!

You have used a lot of Cinebrass from the vids we've seen. Do you think this surpasses and therefore is likely to replace them or will it produce a unique voice which will add to your options?

Really enjoying what I'm hearing!

Hey Tom, thanks for joining in!

You have used a lot of Cinebrass from the vids we've seen. Do you think this surpasses and therefore is likely to replace them or will it produce a unique voice which will add to your options?

Really enjoying what I'm hearing!

I have JXL brass as of yesterday in my template replacing ALL brass I had before... That tells you something doesn’t it!

Hi Tom! What’s your favorite patch so far?

PS - So excited for this library! I know it’s going to be good because it’s not you just putting your name on it, but you can tell this is something you’re part of on every level, and are going to use on the biggest films!

Hi Tom! What’s your favorite patch so far?

PS - So excited for this library! I know it’s going to be good because it’s not you just putting your name on it, but you can tell this is something you’re part of on every level, and are going to use on the biggest films!

The bass trombones and the trombones.... so soft and silk in ppp mode... so brutal and aggressive in fff mode!!

Hi Tom,

Thank you for taking the time!

Question:
How would you go when wanting to write a 2, 3, or 4 voice brass 'chorale' with the library?
Having only Solo, and then a4 and so on would restrict it.

Hey Tom! Really happy to see you here. How do you find OT's 'Sine' in comparison with NI Kontakt? What are the obvious advantages? Should we be worried about the CPU overload?

Using the same solo player 4times - as you suggest - is something that other libraries have avoided bcs it would not be the same as having 1, 2, 3, 4 different players.
No it's not the same but it will work just fine.
Plus, you have exactly what you are talking about in Berlin Brass.

No it's not the same but it will work just fine.
Plus, you have exactly what you are talking about in Berlin Brass.

Hello Guffy,

It may work for you, but it will not work just fine for some others. I can go on and explain why it is not ideal having the same solo instrument playing all the parts, but this has been extensively elaborated here. Yes, I am aware that Berlin Brass has that separate lay out, but again, we are talking about the JXL Brass. I own a few Brass libraries, and I like them all for certain things, and no one's perfect.

JXL Brass doesn't have the separate instruments, I can live with that. However, they must have had a reason to not do it and a solution for people like me who like to write one line per separate instrument.

Tom did mention that he's replaced all other brass libraries he has with his new library. The interest here is to have him hopefully share his thoughts on how he uses it or suggests using it in regards to separate voices / divisi, and such.

Top Bottom