What's new

Oceania / Oceania II Initial Demos

I am confused, Jasper:
I cannot find the correct link to the "Oceana-2-Presale" including the special discount for the Oceana-1-owners.
I just find a "purchase"-button for "Oceana" - no 1 and no 2.

And there is also no button for "loyalty discount".

So please let me know what I have to do to purchase the pre-sale of Oceana-2 as an owner of the first edition.
Thanks in advance.
I understood it's a Oceania 1 sale prior to the Oceania 2 release ("Pre ... sale") as Oceania 2 is not yet released :)

I understood it's a Oceania 1 sale prior to the Oceania 2 release ("Pre ... sale") as Oceania 2 is not yet released :)
Exactly... quite apparent actually since even the demos are using a "pre-alpha version" as in the title.
So it's not at all finished or even in Beta.
Truly exciting though! Sounds incredible and something I'd buy already if I can!

In response to the discussion about dynamics.

A choir with dynamic layers certainly isn’t out of the question for the future. It’s just beyond the scope of Oceania I & II. I really enjoy sampling choir and am far from done.

Also, although the Oceania libraries are 1 dynamic, as well as Angry Brass Pro (being an overlay library), and the freebies — I don’t really have any particular attachment to just sampling one dynamic (outside of stylistic, function, and technical [soloists] reasons), and I do appreciate a decent # of dynamics on strings and other things — of course it adds more session time, especially with more detailed sampling, legato, etc.. But 1-dyn libraries, exclusively, are not my ultimate objective. It's a balance of goals, budget, and other things.
I am confused, Jasper:
I cannot find the correct link to the "Oceana-2-Presale" including the special discount for the Oceana-1-owners.
I just find a "purchase"-button for "Oceana" - no 1 and no 2.

And there is also no button for "loyalty discount".

So please let me know what I have to do to purchase the pre-sale of Oceana-2 as an owner of the first edition.
Thanks in advance.
lucky909091 — Loyalty discount for Oceania II will be on the Oceania II page (just like Con Moto - Violins A) when Oceania II is released. It will be valid throughout but not beyond the intro-price period.

Speaking more macro - I was doing a lot of private/bespoke orchestral libraries before I started Performance Samples. It was about incremental improvement - going back, doing it again, taking what worked, trimming the fat.. How this translates to the commercial world: a lot of what others may consider redundant, I consider iteration, growth, evolution, finessing of methodology, and branching out. I acknowledge that in a way I’m kind of just releasing private libraries commercially (although if you guys tried my actual private libraries you’d probably have a fit, for a myriad of reasons). In the end, I just appreciate the process and journey of all this.

A choir with dynamic layers certainly isn’t out of the question for the future. It’s just beyond the scope of Oceania I & II. I really enjoy sampling choir and am far from done.

Also, although the Oceania libraries are 1 dynamic, as well as Angry Brass Pro (being an overlay library), and the freebies — I don’t really have any particular attachment to just sampling one dynamic (outside of stylistic, function, and technical [soloists] reasons), and I do appreciate a decent # of dynamics on strings and other things — of course it adds more session time, especially with more detailed sampling, legato, etc.. But 1-dyn libraries, exclusively, are not my ultimate objective. It's a balance of goals, budget, and other things.

lucky909091 — Loyalty discount for Oceania II will be on the Oceania II page (just like Con Moto - Violins A) when Oceania II is released. It will be valid throughout but not beyond the intro-price period.

Speaking more macro - I was doing a lot of private/bespoke orchestral libraries before I started Performance Samples. It was about incremental improvement - going back, doing it again, taking what worked, trimming the fat.. How this translates to the commercial world: a lot of what others may consider redundant, I consider iteration, growth, evolution, finessing of methodology, and branching out. I acknowledge that in a way I’m kind of just releasing private libraries commercially (although if you guys tried my actual private libraries you’d probably have a fit, for a myriad of reasons). In the end, I just appreciate the process and journey of all this.

The difference I believe is that private libraries were built for specific people for specific purposes.

I personally would love to get the most value for money out of a library, by paying once and having (almost) everything included. I love Oceania and will probably pick up Oceania II but am not a fan of the iterative process being externalised and me as a customer having to pay for it.

Every library that is released is iterative, really. Every developer out there is doing the best they can within their means and Jasper is no different. I would love to see Oceania II include multiple dynamics, but it doesn't make the product any less valid. Oceania I has been wildly popular and shares a similar approach.

Recording 100 singers is a cost-prohibitive endeavor, especially with the kind of obsessed/madman approach Jasper regularly practices. It's not like he's recording a few words up the range and calling it a day. Hell, if he did that - he could probably record five dynamics of basic marcato samples - which everybody already has.

We've been friends for a long time and I've seen first-hand how conceptually cutting-edge this guy's sampling game is and the resources required to fully realize products to his satisfaction. He's nuts.

Thank you Jasper, exactly what I was thinking. I'm happy to read that you will keep up with choirs. I hope the new library will not cost so much because I'd love to support you buying many libraries but I'd love to have also a more complete one. I love your work anyway, another light in the darkness of articulations... :grin:

As a side note (as I said to Aaron Venture too) I'm an engineer and I do all another kind of work but I'd like so much to look at your work and maybe help you in some way, well...who knows...

The difference I believe is that private libraries were built for specific people for specific purposes.

I personally would love to get the most value for money out of a library, by paying once and having (almost) everything included. I love Oceania and will probably pick up Oceania II but am not a fan of the iterative process being externalised and me as a customer having to pay for it.
I don't think bundling more content (ie spending more money on making the product, more session time, more months spent programming to the expected quality control standards etc.) will make the product any less expensive for the end user? Or maybe I'm missing something. Also it's not really that you as a user are externalised as the payer for the making of the product any more than on any other product. As Aron said it's all very iterative. I mean you can always choose not to drop your money on the neat sounding stuff that makes your wallet sweat furiously and wait another year or few for the next iteration to come by, right? ;)

Sounds great Jasper. Great choices with the syllables too, more neutral than Oceania I which I really like.

Saw your post on fb for the violas too. Are both of these coming out pretty close to each other? Can't wait to hear the violas soon along with Nashville. Keep killing it man

Sounds great Jasper. Great choices with the syllables too, more neutral than Oceania I which I really like.

Saw your post on fb for the violas too. Are both of these coming out pretty close to each other? Can't wait to hear the violas soon along with Nashville. Keep killing it man
Violas will be out before the choir. No release date on Oceania II yet - I have a lot of finessing to do, particularly with some grafts and release-sample programming. Price will certainly exceed Oceania I's pricing, but there will be a good intro and intro loyalty discount.

Okay, I'd like some help from here, before I contact Support :)

Just bought Oceania. I don't have an Instruments folder in Oceania, and no .nki files anywhere. I downloaded the library four times with Continuata, and once by generating http links.

I'm downloading a Documents archive, a Resources archive, and Samples part1 and part2. Upon installation, I get a Samples folder, a Documents folder, a .nkc file and a .nkr file. Fortunately, I have fiber optics, so I have made several attempts rather quickly. Tried two different locations as well.

Went through the FAQs and a quick google search lead to nothing.

Any idea?

Last edited:
Okay, I'd like some help from here, before I contact Support :)

Just bought Oceania. I don't have an Instruments folder in Oceania, and no .nki files anywhere. I downloaded the library three times with Continuata, and once by generating http links.

I'm downloading a Documents archive, a Resources archive, and Samples part1 and part2. Upon installation, I get a Samples folder, a Documents folder, a .nkc file and a .nkr file. Fortunately, I have fiber optics, so I have made several attempts rather quickly.

Went through the FAQs and a quick google search lead to nothing.

Any idea?
Please send an email to support (at) performancesamples.com

Fixed by the support, and should be fixed for everybody. People, we have a new speed record by performance Samples support!

AXB312….

There’s no difference. The libraries I sell are built for specific people (me) for specific purposes (mine). Take it or leave it.

Your subtle implication that I am somehow limiting releases in some way is deeply troubling. When I released Oceania I three years ago, it was a mark of where I was at the time with choir sampling. I wasn’t thinking about a sequel. Now, three years later, I am releasing something which is a mark of how things have evolved/improved in my choir approach.

You seem to see my iterative (which I define as evolving and [hopefully] improving) approach as being something I’m putting on the customer. As you described it: you "as a customer having to pay for it." This is so off-base and nonsensical that I don’t even know where to begin. This is how I’ve run my show from the beginning: I do test sessions (an ungodly amount over the years). I do them because I’m passionate about learning the nuance and intricacy of the process, and furthering my knowledge. Then I do dedicated sessions. These turn into commercial releases. Then time passes, I do more test sessions, learn more, try new things. And then do dedicated sessions and release a new product. Perhaps if I had a truckload of cash, I could do all this faster and get to where I want things to be sooner. But it’s just not the case.

Look… for years I laughed at the idea of doing my own commercial sampling company. All I could see and heard about was extraordinarily entitled customers, people who just don’t “get it,” challenging profit margins (some people seem to way overestimate how many sales products can get at the small-developer level), uneducated customer support questions.. Fast-forward.. after I got a wave of interest in my private orchestral libraries, I realized that there was perhaps an opportunity selling commercially, but I knew that was only going to be something I was willing to do if it was my way or the highway.

I’ve held to that. It’s what Performance Samples has been from the beginning, and what Performance Samples will always be. I’m direct, blunt, upfront, reasonably self-critical (library limitations, etc)… Let the product speak for itself……. or not.

While I’m at it, I'll address the complaints I sometimes get about pricing. I’m not willing to participate in undercutting which is so prevalent these days — even though many vocal people seem to expect rock-bottom pricing now. How do you think I'm going to be able to fund new projects? These projects often need MASSIVE budgets, and that’s even at the lower-price recording locations.. I’m never, ever going to play the undercutting game, so if you want cheap, go elsewhere.

I’m crystal-clear with all of this. I’m open about what I can do, and what I can’t do. I build how I want, and release what I want. Doesn’t work for everyone, but if you don’t like how I do things, don’t buy it.

JB

Last edited:

Seriously? Do you think professional developers create sample libraries just for fun? I'm sure Oceania II wasn't an inexpensive endeavour. As with other Performance Sample libraries, they are fairly priced and I'm sure this one will be worth every penny, even for existing Oceania owners.

AXB312….

There’s no difference. The libraries I sell are built for specific people (me) for specific purposes (mine). Take it or leave it.

Your subtle implication that I am somehow limiting releases in some way is deeply troubling. When I released Oceania I three years ago, it was a mark of where I was at the time with choir sampling. I wasn’t thinking about a sequel. Now, three years later, I am releasing something which is a mark of how things have evolved/improved in my choir approach.

You seem to see my iterative (which I define as evolving and [hopefully] improving) approach as being something I’m putting on the customer. As you described it: you "as a customer having to pay for it." This is so off-base and nonsensical that I don’t even know where to begin. This is how I’ve run my show from the beginning: I do test sessions (an ungodly amount over the years). I do them because I’m passionate about learning the nuance and intricacy of the process, and furthering my knowledge. Then I do dedicated sessions. These turn into commercial releases. Then time passes, I do more test sessions, learn more, try new things. And then do dedicated sessions and release a new product. Perhaps if I had a truckload of cash, I could do all this faster and get to where I want things to be sooner. But it’s just not the case.

Look… for years I laughed at the idea of doing my own commercial sampling company. All I could see and heard about was extraordinarily entitled customers, people who just don’t “get it,” challenging profit margins (some people seem to way overestimate how many sales products can get at the small-developer level), uneducated customer support questions.. Fast-forward.. after I got a wave of interest in my private orchestral libraries, I realized that there was perhaps an opportunity selling commercially, but I knew that was only going to be something I was willing to do if it was my way or the highway.

I’ve held to that. It’s what Performance Samples has been from the beginning, and what Performance Samples will always be. I’m direct, blunt, upfront, reasonably self-critical (library limitations, etc)… Let the product speak for itself……. or not.

While I’m at it, I'll address the complaints I sometimes get about pricing. I’m not willing to participate in undercutting which is so prevalent these days — even though many vocal people expect seem to expect rock-bottom pricing now. How do you think I'm going to be able to fund new projects? These projects often need MASSIVE budgets, and that’s even at the lower-price recording locations.. I’m never, ever going to play the undercutting game, so if you want cheap, go elsewhere.

I’m crystal-clear with all of this. I’m open about what I can do, and what I can’t do. I build how I want, and release what I want. Doesn’t work for everyone, but if you don’t like how I do things, don’t buy it.

JB

Appreciate the honesty!

AXB312….

While I’m at it, I'll address the complaints I sometimes get about pricing. I’m not willing to participate in undercutting which is so prevalent these days — even though many vocal people expect seem to expect rock-bottom pricing now. How do you think I'm going to be able to fund new projects? These projects often need MASSIVE budgets, and that’s even at the lower-price recording locations.. I’m never, ever going to play the undercutting game, so if you want cheap, go elsewhere.

JB

<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

p.s. xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

AXB312….

JB
Brilliant, keep it the fuck up, dude.

Top Bottom