What's new

Name that sampled piano . . .

Playing the free 'Piano In 162' right now. If this piano had like 12 or 16 velocity layers then it probably would have been my favorite piano library. I deleted the fifth layer (ff), which makes the instrument more playable, so I only have 4 layers. Really, Ivy Audio needs to go back to this piano and redo the whole thing (exactly how they sampled it the first time but this time with more a lot more layers).
The Kronos version is superb, drastic difference in response and overall depth than the Kontakt version. Which kinda makes sense since the velocities where probably tailored for hardware integration and what not.

Reactions: CGR
OK, one last try, Garritan CFX?
Correct!

It's the Player mics!

For anyone who feels that the Garritan CFX lacks fullness and presence, try the Player perspective.

I understand there are phasing issues with that perspective, per admission by Garritan if i remember. But honestly it doesn't bother me much (?)

1.Garritan CFX and Noire share some similarities in CFX high register. That's how I made my guess.
It's nothing like that in Steinway or Bechstein.
2.Garritan's defaut position is audience. I find it more natural than player's.
3.The Classic perspective is great for classical works. I compared small desktop speaker with 5 inch-above studio monitor speaker. The wetness sounds more bearable in larger speakers. Sounds dirty in small speakers.

I find the Garritan CFX to have this hybrid sound, kinda a cross between Yamaha and a Steinway D. Very powerful assertive tone, good for classical muscle flexing.

The Audience perspective is also my favorite in both the classical and player mics.

Top Bottom