What's new

Name that sampled piano . . .

No idea but it sounds like a piano with not many layers (less than 5 ??). Nice timbre and character.
Yes, it's pretty bright all the way through the dynamics, but is really punchy and fun to play. I'll give it 24 hours before revealing what it is.

Another test. Different settings with more dynamics:

Attachments

• Repeat note dynamic Test.mp3
    3.2 MB · Views: 431
I'd say it's not a Steinway.
As you say "The answer may surprise you", maybe it's the unreleased 1988 Connelly Chapel Baldwin Grand which is hopefully finished now?

Or Sampletekk 7CG?
Wavesfactory Mercury? (Although that wouldn't be too surprising)

I like the ambience in the sound. Once the piano is revealed, please let us know if that comes from room mics, IRs or some other reverb.

Reactions: CGR
Sounds very much like a physical keyboard piano preset (Yamaha?) with very limited sampling.

Same sample stretched across way too many keys. Although maybe I just find the tone strange in places. Fairly static sounding too.

Sounds very much like a physical keyboard piano preset (Yamaha?) with very limited sampling.

Same sample stretched across way too many keys. Although maybe I just find the tone strange in places. Fairly static sounding too.
Are you referring to the 1st or 2nd example?

I'd say it's not a Steinway.
As you say "The answer may surprise you", maybe it's the unreleased 1988 Connelly Chapel Baldwin Grand which is hopefully finished now?

Or Sampletekk 7CG?
Wavesfactory Mercury? (Although that wouldn't be too surprising)

I like the ambience in the sound. Once the piano is revealed, please let us know if that comes from room mics, IRs or some other reverb.
Not the unreleased Wholesounds 1988 Baldwin Grand - I have no insider knowledge of where that's at apart from "Coming Soon". Not a Sampletekk piano or Wavesfactory Mercury, but good ears - they are tonally similar :)

Ivory Italian Grand is also a Fazioli but doesn't sound as bright to me.
True Keys Italian Grand? Also reminded me a bit of Production Voices Concert Grand but that's a steinway or the simple sam steinway.

Reactions: CGR
Not the unreleased Wholesounds 1988 Baldwin Grand - I have no insider knowledge of where that's at apart from "Coming Soon". Not a Sampletekk piano or Wavesfactory Mercury, but good ears - they are tonally similar :)
Notice Craig carefully NOT mentioning Sonivox, because he doesn’t want to call out the winner yet. Also, I guessed the reverb ;)

Top Bottom