What's new

Metropolis Ark 3 - Last Chance for Intro Special!

The mentality is getting really annoying among people who use the "then don't buy it" response to a simple question and believing it has something to do with entitlement when no one was angry about the price point at all. I had mentioned originally about a further discount for people who owned both as an inquiry only because I saw some people were using another coupon to bring the price down further on a product that wasn't Ark related as part of a promotion and I figured it would be worth mentioning that people who own both Arks would appreciate the same type of loyalty deal. I will be buying the product either way.

To me, entitlement would be arguing that the price is too high and we DESERVE a larger discount and I've not seen anyone really do that here. I think most of us who are interested will be buying it regardless but it never hurts to ask; especially at this time of year when we have more money flying out the door than normal.

It's a perfectly valid and reasonable thing to inquire as to the extent of the discount one can get based on one's prior purchases with a given developer. Anyone -- myself included -- would do that. That's not the issue here. It was the other poster's usage of the word "shouldn't" that -- to me -- implied a sense of entitlement rather than an attempt to merely get a simple question answered. There's a difference between asking "do owners of both Arks get an additional 50 euros off" vs "shouldn't owners of both Arks get an additional 50 euros off".

Again, I may have inferred incorrectly and if I did I sincerely do apologize. But that individual -- or any individual for that matter -- aside, there is no question that there are many on here who do have that sense of entitlement that I alluded to. It's something that made itself painfully obvious in the midst of the recent Black Friday deals.

Once again, no disrespect was meant to you @Mystic or anyone else.

implied a sense of entitlement

This is the kind of passive aggressive statement that frankly gets on my t*ts. I've noticed a trend round here for people to jump on anyone that poses a question on upgrades/crossgrades/loyalty discounts/pricing.

Why is it that when someone has a different viewpoint, its wrong or they have a "sense of entitlement"?

I have not seen much evidence of that here, most of those that have questioned this are merely expressing surprise that buying one title gets the same discount as two titles. Its OT's choice how they try to reward/entice customers completely.

There's a difference between asking "do owners of both Arks get an additional 50 euros off" vs "shouldn't owners of both Arks get an additional 50 euros off".

Why? Whats wrong with posing that question? Entitlement? Not really.

For the record I appreciate any kind of loyalty offer, but its not exactly entitlement to ask why no greater discount for owning two of the series as in my mind those that have two titles have probably contributed more to convincing OT to extend the series than those that wait until BF to buy one.

This is the kind of passive aggressive statement that frankly gets on my t*ts. I've noticed a trend round here for people to jump on anyone that poses a question on upgrades/crossgrades/loyalty discounts/pricing.

Why is it that when someone has a different viewpoint, its wrong or they have a "sense of entitlement"?

I have not seen much evidence of that here, most of those that have questioned this are merely expressing surprise that buying one title gets the same discount as two titles. Its OT's choice how they try to reward/entice customers completely.

Why? Whats wrong with posing that question? Entitlement? Not really.

For the record I appreciate any kind of loyalty offer, but its not exactly entitlement to ask why no greater discount for owning two of the series as in my mind those that have two titles have probably contributed more to convincing OT to extend the series than those that wait until BF to buy one.

Again it all depends on the sentiment that led the person to make the comment. I'm not in his head, so I can't say for certain what was there. I explained why I perceived it as entitlement. Whether or not I actually perceived his sentiment correctly is another matter.

Just to reiterate, if someone did feel "owed" an added discount just because they purchased two Arks instead of one, that is literally the definition of a sense of entitlement. As in they feel "entitled" to more than what they're getting. I'm not saying that that person felt that way. That is how I originally read the comment but again, my reading of it may have been in error. That being said, I'm sure there are enough people that *do feel that sense of entitlement, and those people, in my opinion, are in the wrong. You may feel otherwise, as is your prerogative.

Edit: also this thread has already been derailed enough. I will cease to comment on this matter so that we can focus on the more pressing matter of discussing the actual library. Here's hoping a walkthrough comes out shortly :)

Yes, if there was a walkthrough available we could be talking about that instead! Demo songs are great, but I need to hear the individual instruments.

As an aside: I hope we can all treat each other with respect in these forums as if we were face to face. I think everyone is here with good will. I must admit that the first thought when seeing the discount was "People who bought both Arks don't get a bigger discount?" But then my second thought was "Oh well." I can see the merits of both sides. Hot tempers and tension in these forums serve no one and I don't want to see people getting upset here. Let's be positive here. (I avoid the political forums for this reason.)

Yes, if there was a walkthrough available we could be talking about that instead! Demo songs are great, but I need to hear the individual instruments.

As an aside: I hope we can all treat each other with respect in these forums as if we were face to face. I think everyone is here with good will. I must admit that the first thought when seeing the discount was "People who bought both Arks don't get a bigger discount?" But then my second thought was "Oh well." I can see the merits of both sides. Hot tempers and tension in these forums serve no one and I don't want to see people getting upset here. Let's be positive here. (I avoid the political forums for this reason.)

On that note, how awesome would it be if developers released walkthroughs on the same day that a library is announced :2thumbs: I can't really blame OT though, I'm sure they have tons on their plate.

Super demo...But would like to see how it was made...Still confused about the articulations....repetitions....are they looped ?

I’ve never done a walkthrough but be interested in figuring out how to do it.
That said I am currently displaced because of the fire surrounding Santa Barbara.
My internet access is my iPad. I think once OT does their walkthrough my demo will be more understandable. The only kind of tricky thing I did was extend ranges of certain instruments but that is easily done on the interface which I consider a great feature.

Last edited:
I’ve never done a walkthrough but be interested in figuring out how to do it.
That said I am currently displaced because of the fire surrounding Santa Barbara.
My internet access is my iPad. I think once OT does their walkthrough my demo will be more understandable. The only kind of tricky thing I did was extend ranges of certain instruments but that is easily done on the interface which I consider a great feature.
Great demo Craig. Sounds like Ark 3 brings a lot of new ways of making music to the table. Very excited about this release. :)

You're making a lot of assumptions here friend. One, I also bought both Arks. Hence it would be in my best interest to also get an extra discount. Two, your "question" comes off as entitled or at the very least, somewhat ungrateful. You appear to be rationalizing it by claiming to simply be asking a question, but it smacks of entitlement and I'm not the only one who called poor form on it, yet you feel perfectly comfortable asking. A little social decorum would be nice, at least on their product release thread eh?

As for your little bit about Trump: whose behaviour is more indicative of the current administration ideology? Me, who appreciates that OT is giving a loyalty discount to everyone who owns either Ark, or you who appears to think he should get more of a discount off because you have both? Think about it. Oh, and that whole thing about jumping down people's throats for asking a question; sounds like a little projection. All I said was you don't have to buy Ark 3 and you come out guns a blazing with the Trump analogies. I became a Canadian citizen this past year because of him getting elected so please don't presume, ok?

Sorry OT, didn't mean to hijack your thread- congrats on the new release and I cannot wait for December 21st.

I think enough has been said about this, so I suggest we take this outside if you want to argue further (and I mean commercial forum unless you fancy a scrap in the car park).

I have to say despite your claims to the opposite, you are the one that is coming across very passive aggressive. Disagree all you like with his viewpoint but throwing around the old chestnut "entitlement" is a charged word that you KNOW is going to wind someone up. Confident you can sit back and claim "no offence intended" like most passive aggressives do.

Next time take a step back and think about what you post, why does it offend you so much for someone to muse on the level of discount so much?

I think enough has been said about this, so I suggest we take this outside if you want to argue further (and I mean commercial forum unless you fancy a scrap in the car park).

I have to say despite your claims to the opposite, you are the one that is coming across very passive aggressive. Disagree all you like with his viewpoint but throwing around the old chestnut "entitlement" is a charged word that you KNOW is going to wind someone up. Confident you can sit back and claim "no offence intended" like most passive aggressives do.

Next time take a step back and think about what you post, why does it offend you so much for someone to muse on the level of discount so much?
I deleted both my posts and I would hope midiman will do the same re: his Trump post. Neither belong on this thread.

Last edited:
Well put. I deleted both my posts re: this. My apologies to OT and once again, congrats on this terrific addition to a stellar series and product line. :)

No need to apologise to me. And thank you for getting my point, forums are so much harder to get points across in the tone they are intended as written text has no "voice" to draw the meaning.

Still very excited by what this product offers and cannot wait for a walkthrough...

Haven't scrolled through the whole thread so I apologize if it's been brought up before but is there a walkthrough in existence?:)

Well I preordered. As long as it's not an just an atonal orchestra hit library with percussion sprinkled in (which I seriously doubt),I'll be happy:cautious:. Snare drums sold me. Lots of bad snare drums around. These don't sound like paper!
Looking forward to the 21st! Got Ark 1 and 2 and love them so why the hell not?Besides, I know I'll want it later when it's $700. :grin:

<snip...>It must be the "Trump" effect settling in, making people feel it is OK to lash out on others for no good reason. <snip...>
Yah, that's got to be it... I mean it's not like anyone was ever rude or impolite on the Internet before 2016... sorry, couldn't resist... :sneaky: ;) :cool:

...oh and back OT... I'm holding out for the walk-thru then probably 5 minutes later my wallet will be €299 lighter...

p.s. I don't know if this has been asked before but what if I own MA1 & MA2 do I get a... :rofl:

Last edited:
Gentlemen, please keep your political comments to yourselves or go rant in the off topics section. We're talking about a really cool library here and you're "harshing my mello".

Reactions: JW
Top Bottom