What's new

Metropolis Ark 3 - Last Chance for Intro Special!

Not Orchestral Tools fault, but hate the way NI force users to update Kontakt if they want to buy new titles, cannot understand why they cannot give a bigger grace period before doing this.

Held off buying Thrill as most recent version only runs in 5.7.1 and I am not ready to risk updating until I know its 100% good.

Alternatively its a pity you cannot run more than one version of the Kontakt plugin at the same time (have tried and it wont recognise both, at least in Logic).

I have to decide whether its likely I will have updated by the time intro price ends...

They always do.You cannot miss this opportunity to show a tad more of your new product when you're such an important player with both premium libs & price tag.

Not Orchestral Tools fault, but hate the way NI force users to update Kontakt if they want to buy new titles, cannot understand why they cannot give a bigger grace period before doing this.

Held off buying Thrill as most recent version only runs in 5.7.1 and I am not ready to risk updating until I know its 100% good.

Alternatively its a pity you cannot run more than one version of the Kontakt plugin at the same time (have tried and it wont recognise both, at least in Logic).

I have to decide whether its likely I will have updated by the time intro price ends...
If it is worth anything, I put it off but my u/g to 5.7.1 a few weeks ago was totally painless (Sierra 10.12.6 and LPX 10.3.2).

If it is worth anything, I put it off but my u/g to 5.7.1 a few weeks ago was totally painless (Sierra 10.12.6 and LPX 10.3.2).

Good to know. I was talking generally as every time there is an update, there seems to be a new library that will only run with it. Eventually its a non-issue, but if you have a setup with Master/Slaves and VEP its a bit of a riskier thing to dive straight in.

But great new releases make that choice really tough.

I guess I am a bit less gung-ho since the 5.6.5 (I think) update that caused grief for some.

You could always grab it till it's on pre-order sale and then install it further down the road, when the new Kontakt iteration is stable.

That's a rather ridiculous position, IMO. The intro price of 350 euros already seems very generous. And the fact that they're even providing a 50 euro loyalty discount at all is nice. Doesn't it make more sense to be happy with the (relatively low) price you can get this library at rather than being unhappy that you're not getting it at a better price than the people who only own one Ark?

Tim727, since when asking a question has become grounds for attacking somebody and calling them ridiculous. People are allowed to disagree. But disagreeing, and calling me ridiculous are 2 very different things. Comments like yours make me never wan't to participate in this forum again.
I did not make any harsh statement. I did not attack anybody. I LOVE OT products and own quite a few of them. I asked a simple question. It seems that OT wants to re compensate loyal supporters of their previous products. Thus, I find it appropriate and pertinent to ask: Should people who buy two products get the same discount of people who bought 1 item? You can disagree with this - but calling it ridiculous is offensive. I think it is a logical and reasonable question to ask, and there is nothing offensive or ridiculous about it. This may very well be my last comment on this forum for while, as I don't want to have to respond to offensive comments like yours anymore. Au revoir.

No one is forcing you to buy it. The fact that they always have a significant discount for early adopters plus an extra $50 from existing Ark users plus (from what I gather) an additional $50 from the BOI purchase, it's a pretty significant savings.

Wow, another offensive comment. Did my question imply I was being forced me to buy ARK III? No it did not.
Since when asking a simple question on this forum became grounds for saying things like "Nobody is forcing you to buy it". It must be the "Trump" effect settling in, making people feel it is OK to lash out on others for no good reason. At the very least it sounds very unfriendly, not to say it is harsh and offensive. You won't see another comment from me on the forum, as I don't want to participate on a group with certain members like yourself who feel it is OK to jump in with unjustifiably rude statements like yours. Bye bye dcoscina.

Hi Folks,

our first Metropolis Ark 3 demo comes from our friend Craig Sharmat.
Enjoy his really cool and brute-sounding piece called Meatball Surgery!
Except for one string patch from Metropolis Ark 1 everything in this demo is made with Metropolis Ark 3.

Super demo...But would like to see how it was made...Still confused about the articulations....repetitions....are they looped ?

Tim727, since when asking a question has become grounds for attacking somebody and calling them ridiculous. People are allowed to disagree. But disagreeing, and calling me ridiculous are 2 very different things. Comments like yours make me never wan't to participate in this forum again.
I did not make any harsh statement. I did not attack anybody. I LOVE OT products and own quite a few of them. I asked a simple question. It seems that OT wants to re compensate loyal supporters of their previous products. Thus, I find it appropriate and pertinent to ask: Should people who buy two products get the same discount of people who bought 1 item? You can disagree with this - but calling it ridiculous is offensive. I think it is a logical and reasonable question to ask, and there is nothing offensive or ridiculous about it. This may very well be my last comment on this forum for while, as I don't want to have to respond to offensive comments like yours anymore. Au revoir.

@midiman Honestly man this really wasn't meant as an attack. Over the last few weeks I've just noticed many posts which betray -- in my estimation -- a misplaced sense of entitlement to get loyalty discounts. It's a mindset which rather confuses and frustrates me. That said, perhaps I misperceived your position. And regardless of whether or not I misperceived your position, my comment probably would have been better left inside my own head ... so I apologize for that. Either way, no need to ditch VI-C over a simple comment! Now let's get back on topic and focus on our mutual excitement over this new library :)

Cheers,
Tim

I think the amount of discount OT offer is completely their prerogative and so I would not complain per se about the amount of discount. But personally I do agree with midiman's sentiment.

I do think its curious to offer MA1+2 owners the same discount as owners of 1 title as its not conducive to encouraging people to buy all 3 and not rewarding loyalty. But its nothing new, other devs have made similar odd choices like this.

I suspect the more vociferous opponents of this philosophy [might] have a biased reason to be happy with things as they are?

But if the walkthrough is as good as the teasers suggest, it might in the end make no difference...

I own both Arks & Berlin Brass. Of course, I would have loved an extra discount, but this is honestly an already generous offer.

I can't complain, and I don't really like this race for who's gonna be the "most loyal customer", a trend that is becoming more and more present in this forum.

What if someone owns no Ark, or just one, but the complete Berlin Series ? He certainly is a "better" customer than I am.

The mentality is getting really annoying among people who use the "then don't buy it" response to a simple question and believing it has something to do with entitlement when no one was angry about the price point at all. I had mentioned originally about a further discount for people who owned both as an inquiry only because I saw some people were using another coupon to bring the price down further on a product that wasn't Ark related as part of a promotion and I figured it would be worth mentioning that people who own both Arks would appreciate the same type of loyalty deal. I will be buying the product either way.

To me, entitlement would be arguing that the price is too high and we DESERVE a larger discount and I've not seen anyone really do that here. I think most of us who are interested will be buying it regardless but it never hurts to ask; especially at this time of year when we have more money flying out the door than normal.

Top Bottom