What's new

Komplete updates are now half price

OK, the excitement is getting to me. Just to be doubly-sure, I have K9U, this will upgrade me to K911 without overwriting the older installation? In addition, it looks like I have to use Native Access. Anyone having any problems doing so?

I upgraded from K9 (non-Ultimate) to K11U this week, and Native Access didn't seem to have any problem identifying what components I already had installed. It apparently even upgraded a couple of the sample libraries successfully for me, in spite of the fact that I'd manually moved them to a different drive after their original installation, which impressed me.

I did have one download that locked up and couldn't proceed when it was almost done, forcing me to kill the Native Access process and try again … but then again, it has installed somewhere around 70 other packages successfully (across my two computers) since I purchased the upgrade, so I guess one hiccup isn't too bad.

I really don't care about the synths (I have Omni 2 and ZebraHZ) but I think I'm going for K11 for Una Corda, Kinetik Metals, the acoustic guitar and possibly the other pianos.

Where are you all purchasing the upgrades from? It seems (as far as I can tell) that Time and Space ships a drive but it's a download OR a drive from NI itself? Are you downloading (wow) or getting the shipped drive?

Where are you all purchasing the upgrades from? It seems (as far as I can tell) that Time and Space ships a drive but it's a download OR a drive from NI itself? Are you downloading (wow) or getting the shipped drive?

Hi Brett,

I got my update from guitartguitar in the UK as a hard drive, no way can I download that content on my broadband connection as it is slow:(

Andrew.

I bought Komplete 11 for the first time and have been exploring the sounds. There are a ton of synths. I'm wondering if any of the synths are worth checking out since I already have Zebra, Diva and Omnisphere?

I bought Komplete 11 for the first time and have been exploring the sounds. There are a ton of synths. I'm wondering if any of the synths are worth checking out since I already have Zebra, Diva and Omnisphere?

Well my comments flow directly and recently from a very capable, professional source, but will not name without permission ..... He consistently applauds Absynth5 and Massive, including very specific points about their strengths right now. He remains puzzled why NI has not done more to exploit and enhance these synths. Reaktor6 also gets his supportive remarks. He is always very strong on Omni2, Zebra2, Diva .... This enthusiasm as been a big plus in causing me to focus more on these great synths and learn more about their salient features.

(edit) and this by @ Mornats .... below :cool:

Take a look at the Massive presets by Leap into the Void and The Unfinished. They have some top-notch stuff for it. I've held off buying BT Phobos and Dark Matter because of those presets.

Well my comments flow directly and recently from a very capable, professional source, but will not name without permission ..... He consistently applauds Absynth5 and Massive, including very specific points about their strengths right now. He remains puzzled why NI has not done more to exploit and enhance these synths. Reaktor6 also gets his supportive remarks. He is always very strong on Omni2, Zebra2, Diva .... This enthusiasm as been a big plus in causing me to focus more on these great synths and learn more about their salient features.

(edit) and this by @ Mornats .... below :cool:

Thanks for sharing, in the short time I've spent with Absynth and Massive I found the sounds pretty impressive. I toyed around with Reaktor for a bit and it seemed pretty powerful, I'll definitely have to spend some time with it.

Take a look at the Massive presets by Leap into the Void and The Unfinished. They have some top-notch stuff for it. I've held off buying BT Phobos and Dark Matter because of those presets.

Thanks, I will definitely check those out. I have all The Unfinished Zebra/Diva presets and they are great.

Reaktor is a modular synth and has developed a user base that creates and shares patches, synths, samplers, sequencers, visualizers, multi-effect units, etc. Some are for the more recent "Blocks" interface. You can download many of them here:
https://www.native-instruments.com/en/reaktor-community/reaktor-user-library/

As with Kontakt, there are tons of exciting free and paid products that only work with the free Reaktor Player or with a full copy of Reaktor, from companies like Blinksonic, flintpope, and others. If your interests are on the more experimental side, owning Reaktor can open as many doors as owning Kontakt does.

Just got the Komplete 11U update (from K10U). Using Native Access to update and it put the new stuff, and updated libraries also, in the User>Shared folder on my internal. I have my Kontakt libraries on ssds, so will be moving them there and pointing Kontakt to them/batch resaving etc. Always wondered though, do the NI synths, Rounds, etc. need to be in a specific folder (like the shared folder they've been installed on) or can I move them anywhere and Logic will see them/or I'd point Logic to them somehow?

thanks!

I just ordered Komplete 11 Ultimate (Upgarde) from Komplete Ultimate 9 , should be receiving it by end of next week.

What are your expectations for Komplete 12 Ultimate ? and when do you think it will be released ?

I'm guessing Komplete 12 will be released by Sept. or October this year, and hopefully Kontakt 6 will be part of Komplete 12.

I just ordered Komplete 11 Ultimate (Upgarde) from Komplete Ultimate 9 , should be receiving it by end of next week.

What are your expectations for Komplete 12 Ultimate ? and when do you think it will be released ?

I'm guessing Komplete 12 will be released by Sept. or October this year, and hopefully Kontakt 6 will be part of Komplete 12.
That's unlikely. KU11 has been out for less than a year. Not much has been released since. They now wait at least 18 months between releases. Last time, they did a sale about the same time and then another one just before KU11 was released.

I'm honestly surprised that they had a sale so soon. When K11U was released I upgraded from K9U which was worth it, but a lot of that was for the K10U stuff. I had Symphony Series Brass and Strings already (the latter being the best of the three, in my opinion) so the Essentials weren't a factor to me at all. But I wish I would have waited until this sale.

I don't have Kontakt Full retail version. But lots of VST are not compatible with Kontakt Free Player.
The half price gift are only for upgrade. Nice. But nothing for new users.
400€ for this, is too high for me. Is there any bundle with full retail version?

I don't have Kontakt Full retail version. But lots of VST are not compatible with Kontakt Free Player.
400€ for this, is too high for me. Is there any bundle with full retail version?

Darn, I must be behind the times. My Kontakt has not yet been upgraded to play VSTs :)

Carlos, feeling mirthy this morning.

It's worth noting the following upgrade path (with the currently available upgrade/crossgrade/update specials):

Crossgrade to Kontakt Full ($125) - owning a 3rd party Kontakt player library usually qualifies you for this (I used Cinebrass for example)
Upgrade to Komplete 11 ($200) - You need to own either Kontakt full or a NI MIDI controller
Total cost (to own Komplete 11) = $325

As the full version of K11 is usually $600, you'll have saved $275 :)

So I have installed a lot of K11. While my opinion of most of the synths hasn't changed, I am very impressed with Monark (don't have Diva). Una Corda and The Giant are nice, Kinetic Metals may come in handy, Transient Master will save me buying the UAD version and India & West Africa are very nice (may use some things now and again). Not bad for $200.

Absynth & Massive are, I'm sure, capable synths, but I don't feel the need to pursue them given what else I already own.

If I upgrade from K10U to K11U, will the installation procedure force me to update Kontakt from 5.6.6 to 5.6.8? There are a couple of threads here full of horror stories about 5.6.8:

https://vi-control.net/community/threads/kontakt-5-6-8.62241/
https://vi-control.net/community/threads/5-6-8-update.62242/

No. I myself am also holding back, from 5.6 altogether as a matter of fact, and not only did Native Access not force me to install the Kontakt update, but it appears that (for the moment) all of the K11U sample libraries are still compatible with 5.5.2, which is what I continue to use. (Although from what EvilDragon has said elsewhere, that will be changing, and quickly, so I hope NI gets their act together with these Kontakt "updates" sooner rather than later.)

Top Bottom