What's new

Kontakt 5.6.8

What is happening specifically? Are you saying you add it as a virtual instrument and it does not add? Is it that the GUI will not open? Is it missing from the list?

Explain. (otherwise no issues here on Win 10)

Last edited:
What is happening specifically? Are you saying you add it as a virtual instrument and it does not add? Is it that the GUI will not open? Is it missing from the list?

Explain.

Explanation:

I can´t open Kontakt. It´s in the list but I can´t open it, no error code, nothing. Going back to the earlier version

No issues on Windows 10, Cubase 9.0.20. No reboot was necessary. I did open standalone first.

Explanation:

I can´t open Kontakt. It´s in the list but I can´t open it, no error code, nothing. Going back to the earlier version

Yep! NI_US Support confirms some issues since Creators Update. Apparently an issue with GeForce GPU for one thing. One DAW _ Win10 Pro PC OK (i5/GTX560Ti); other DAW _ (i7/GTX760) take almost 5 minutes to load instance of Konakt5. :thumbsdown::thumbsdown::eek:

Not having any issues here myself :)

Not got the creators update either though. Which is something I was wondering about myself just a while ago

Creators Update over here, all NI stuff working fine. No nVidia graphics here, though (just using iGPU of my i7-6700K).

Cubase (9.0.10) started to hang here and never loaded Kontakt...(window 10 pro, creator update and nvidia graphic card). Also rolled back and working fine again.

Cubase 9.0.20, Kontakt 5.6.8, Windows 10 Creators update, Nvidia 1060....no hangups...just for clarification.

"The update links the Add/Authorize Library buttons to Native Access, simplifying installation and authorization. As part of this change, all 3rd Party Kontakt Player Libraries can now be managed from within Native Access."

What happens if you don't use Native Access and you want to add a library?

Last edited:
Creators Update over here, all NI stuff working fine. No nVidia graphics here, though (just using iGPU of my i7-6700K).
has there been any issues with kontakt in relation with nvidia graphic cards in the past? just curious

What happens if you don't use Native Access and you want to add a library?

You have to use 5.6.8 from this point onward to add libraries (especially new libraries released for 5.6.8). You can still keep previous Kontakt version around (rename the executable for the standalone, for example) and use it for adding older libraries, but ultimately NA will become a full-blown replacement for Service Center and then everyone will have to move to using it - that's the plan.

(and it has to be updated/working/compatable)

That is not a problem with NA as it auto-updates on start, if it finds there are newer versions available.

has there been any issues with kontakt in relation with nvidia graphic cards in the past? just curious

There have been issues with nVidia and W10 updates in general, affecting various applications. Nothing new - nVidia is at fault, they're not testing their driver releases very well it seems :/

It actually is. That one new KSP command is pretty long overdue and it makes stuff like this MUCH easier:

cool!.gif

Not to mention the CPU munching/framerate issue when using more than one ui_waveform fix is extremely welcome, and $CONTROL_PAR_ALLOW_AUTOMATION returning the proper value is also a long overdue fix...

Any reason why we now need to use NA for 3rd party's library's, and if this is the case will we still be able to move the folders around with the same amount of freedom

Top Bottom