What's new

Knifonium VST

I'm setting up my MacBook Pro, and I noticed when I downloaded my PA installers last night that the Installation Manager now has a selection for "Native M1 Products", so it looks like they're getting ready. There's nothing in that category yet, but it is a sign of progress.

I bet when Tom Holkenborg would read this, he’d be like:

2814A0B5-C4B6-4FF0-97FB-283F026D423E.gif

We need to hook you up with a Roland S50, to sample your stuff in, before rendering it out to a WAV in your DAW / preferred sampler plugin. You know… for more street cred… I mean… a way better sound. ;)

It's funny I saw this video and it made sense to me. I always thought that I was deficient because I couldn't make a "regular" synth sound as good as I can samples. But, it is what it is for me.

I considered the S50 but I ended up getting this little device in Reason that down samples anything you run through it. It has the exact same sound. I also think that Cubase's 12bit mode does the same thing. It works great on drums because there's no high end so it blends well with other stuff.
Main motif is all Knifonium, tried to make the most aggressive, KEM-sounding bass I could for it

Dude, I seriously like your covers better than the originals.

Dude, I seriously like your covers better than the originals.

This one’s actually all original!! It’s of course heavily inspired by Ludwig’s score for Venom but I didn’t use any motifs that he wrote, just took the general vibe and sonic palette he created and ran with it. Now the TENET stuff on the other hand, those were meant to be as close to the originals as possible but I still did my own thing with them when I could, an interpolation/interpretation if you will

I swear on my life I will work for him one day…

This one’s actually all original!! It’s of course heavily inspired by Ludwig’s score for Venom but I didn’t use any motifs that he wrote, just took the general vibe and sonic palette he created and ran with it. Now the TENET stuff on the other hand, those were meant to be as close to the originals as possible but I still did my own thing with them when I could, an interpolation/interpretation if you will

I swear on my life I will work for him one day…
Dude, it's a slammin' track. You need to start pitching your stuff to film/tv/trailer/game and library companies. This track is as pro as it gets.

Dude, it's a slammin' track. You need to start pitching your stuff to film/tv/trailer/game and library companies. This track is as pro as it gets.

You really think so? I second guess everything lol

And I get told all the time that I should do trailers or library music but I am just strictly set on scoring films, tv shows, and video games. I’m not completely opposed to the idea since it could advance my career and actually help me get those jobs I want so it might actually be the way to go, but I can’t help but just want to start interning under a Hollywood composer and work my way up

And I get told all the time that I should do trailers or library music but I am just strictly set on scoring films, tv shows, and video games. I’m not completely opposed to the idea since it could advance my career and actually help me get those jobs I want so it might actually be the way to go, but I can’t help but just want to start interning under a Hollywood composer and work my way up
Do what you want. Nothing wrong with films, tv and video games. Library music is kind of its own thing and takes a bit of learning the formats. Not everything gets picked up as library music.

So use your instincts and try and find your niche.

Listen to José goddammit!

You're young and talented. I would have given anything to be able to do what you do at your age.

Go talk to Ludwig! Send demos to HZ or Tom Holkenborg!

Nothing is going to happen if you let your music rot on Soundcloud.

Listen to José goddammit!

You're young and talented. I would have given anything to be able to do what you do at your age.

Go talk to Ludwig! Send demos to HZ or Tom Holkenborg!

Nothing is going to happen if you let your music rot on Soundcloud.

That’s very true, I could definitely reach out to Hans or Junkie but I have no idea how to get in touch with Ludwig

Listen to José, Pier & mijn mattie Marcus goddamnit. You and Michael (@Baronvonheadless) are like my two favourite young composers on this entire forum. You guys rock, each in your own sort of domain. You crank out the good stuff, are able to produce your tracks to a beyond-decent level, and know what you want. Go do it! And “it” has to be whatever YOU want it to be. I have a lot of confidence in you Kenneth.

That’s very true, I could definitely reach out to Hans or Junkie but I have no idea how to get in touch with Ludwig

Do you know how to get in touch with anyone who would know how to get in touch with Ludwig? An agent, publisher, colleague?

Reactions: KEM

And as others have said, your music is more than professionally competent. You need a lot of other skills to compose for media, and the best way to learn is to do it. And get paid for it - in any profession, you make the biggest gains in your skills in the first few years of on-the-job experience.

And as others have said, your music is more than professionally competent. You need a lot of other skills to compose for media, and the best way to learn is to do it. And get paid for it - in any profession, you make the biggest gains in your skills in the first few years of on-the-job experience.
Exactly.

@KEM I'm sure there are video companies in your area that need music. Could be an amazing opportunity to cut your teeth, build a real portfolio, and give you some credibility once you sit down with someone important.

Top Bottom