What's new

IZotope Neutron

I'm intrigued after seeing a couple of walkthroughs and will definitely run the trial soon. Quick Q for those who have the Advanced version.

Apart from the additional separate standalone plug-ins for compression, eq etc. is there any other functionality present in the Advanced version over Standard? If there is I must have missed it from the videos I've seen so far! Thanks.

I'm intrigued after seeing a couple of walkthroughs and will definitely run the trial soon. Quick Q for those who have the Advanced version.

Apart from the additional separate standalone plug-ins for compression, eq etc. is there any other functionality present in the Advanced version over Standard? If there is I must have missed it from the videos I've seen so far! Thanks.
Surround.

that's why I rarely buy ANYTHING I cannot try out first (wish more sample developers would make 'trial/timed' patches of their 'bread and butter' patches). But as I think of it - it might notch into their sales.:sneaky:
Amen brother.

I'm thinking if a dev offers demo trials then they could charge more for their product. Of course this presumes that the said product is actually decent enough to justify the price. Some would do very well. Others may struggle.

I own RX5 Audio Editor (standard version). Do I qualify for the loyalty upgrade to the music production bundle? In my account on the iZotope site I'm only seeing the upgrade coupon for Neutron and Neutron Advanced. I already have all the FabFilter stuff but this deal looks too insane to pass up.

I own RX5 Audio Editor (standard version). Do I qualify for the loyalty upgrade to the music production bundle? In my account on the iZotope site I'm only seeing the upgrade coupon for Neutron and Neutron Advanced. I already have all the FabFilter stuff but this deal looks too insane to pass up.

You should. I believe they do loyalty offers for users that have purchased anything over 199... The best way to find out is login to your account and hit the upgrade coupons button...

I also suggest you write to the support team with your question. While they may tell you that the answer to your question is no, I've heard that they might also knock 10% off or offer some other incentive for you to move up... I'm not promising that result. Just suggesting you write iZotope Support and plead your case there.

Thanks for your help. RX5 is listed among the qualifying products for the bundle upgrade. There's just no coupon as there is for upgrading to the Neutron Products. No matter because I can just purchase (via 3rd party retailer) and send them my RX5 license and it should qualify (hopefully). Still on the fence about whether to go for Neutron, Neutron Advanced, or the whole bundle. Please someone convince me not to open my wallet!

The trick is to try and anticipate what you're actually going to use rather than what sounds cool. For me, the answer was Neutron Advanced, even though I was sorely tempted by the whole bundle. Of course, YMMV.

Best,

Geoff

I'd like to hear the users' takes about if the Masking Meter also works for Classical/Orchestral pieces in which masking is not necessary bad.

I'd like to hear the users' takes about if the Masking Meter also works for Classical/Orchestral pieces in which masking is not necessary bad.

They stress in the 'webinar' that the intelligent features can be useful for learning/ear training and also just for sparking ideas, and I buy that. I have been using it for a couple weeks, and it's brilliant for those things, esp the latter; one of the hardest parts of working mostly alone is being deprived of others' impressions as you go. It's not about necessarily going with those opinions, but you need other points of view to jar you out of your ear-blindness.

Like so many pieces of software these days, this is a ridiculously good deal, at least from my point of view (older guy who remembers racks requisite of hardware).

Re: the masking function - it is *very* cool that the instances within your project are interactive with each other - eq and sidechaining. It's a time saver in itself, plus you can do complimentary eq with one control point.

Hi, thank you for your feedbacks. :)

I can relate to the solitary work of mixing. I tend to keep the same formulas as I get used to mixing and I thought it helpful that I could get second opinions.

After commenting on the thread, I tried out the demo and was quite impressed.
The masking meter seems handy indeed. Even if suggested masking frequencies are not problematic, I realized it'd be helpful to get suggestions.
And it was a little surprise that the presets for Orchestral instruments were included.
It could be informative and good start points. :)

Also, I'm impressed the GUI and layout are arranged for the intuitive use.
I originally like mixing but this toy would make mixing more enjoyable. :)
As I own Alloy 2, I am probably going to purchase the crossgrade version.

Just for information, I was concerned about if it worked on Studio One 2.6 but it worked with no problems and I didn't find any CPU spikes. I've heard that it is more CPU hungry than Alloy but it's more acceptable than I expected.

Bought it (advanced,) and used it on a 22-stem orchestral christmas jingle last night. I'd post an AB but I can't release the music publicly yet.

For me its a total game changer.

I compose in a bedroom studio and generally mix in my Pelonis room at work.

I've never been able to get a good mix at home because I can't trust my room - too much acoustic distortion to precisely sweep and identify problems, etc. Plus I have a great mix room at work so I don't even bother.

After printing stems, I balanced levels and did some light automation and panning.

Then I inserted Neutron on each stem and used "track assist" to listen to the content.

What resulted was the best 'starting point' mix I've ever gotten in my home studio. So good that I sent my demo to the client without re-mixing in my real mix room.

I usually dread mixing (it's always muddy) and this actually has me excited about getting to the mixing stage. I want to go back to old projects now and fix them.

I used the masking on a few high string parts that I had doubled with different libraries and it really opened them up.

Not a big resource hog either. I'm running a mac mini setup and had no issues at all with 22 instances running and talking to each other.

Oh, and when I checked it out in my Pelonis room today, it sounded great.

Bought it (advanced,) and used it on a 22-stem orchestral christmas jingle last night. I'd post an AB but I can't release the music publicly yet.

For me its a total game changer.

I compose in a bedroom studio and generally mix in my Pelonis room at work.

I've never been able to get a good mix at home because I can't trust my room - too much acoustic distortion to precisely sweep and identify problems, etc. Plus I have a great mix room at work so I don't even bother.

After printing stems, I balanced levels and did some light automation and panning.

Then I inserted Neutron on each stem and used "track assist" to listen to the content.

What resulted was the best 'starting point' mix I've ever gotten in my home studio. So good that I sent my demo to the client without re-mixing in my real mix room.

I usually dread mixing (it's always muddy) and this actually has me excited about getting to the mixing stage. I want to go back to old projects now and fix them.

I used the masking on a few high string parts that I had doubled with different libraries and it really opened them up.

Not a big resource hog either. I'm running a mac mini setup and had no issues at all with 22 instances running and talking to each other.

Oh, and when I checked it out in my Pelonis room today, it sounded great.
Excellent post - I concur on all points. Puts ya in the right ballpark - even the right 'section' - finding the 'seat' specifically is dependent on your 'ears'. Time and game changer for me. I'll have to address the 'high strings' thing you mentioned. Out of the gate I have noticed the wonderful 'suggestions' it makes from 1K down. Like you, this is where I will get into trouble (mud / boxiness, etc....)

Excellent post - I concur on all points. Puts ya in the right ballpark - even the right 'section' - finding the 'seat' specifically is dependent on your 'ears'. Time and game changer for me. I'll have to address the 'high strings' thing you mentioned. Out of the gate I have noticed the wonderful 'suggestions' it makes from 1K down. Like you, this is where I will get into trouble (mud / boxiness, etc....)

Thanks Rob. By the way, I'm a big fan of your work. I checked off a bucket list item last week where the producer wanted vocal grunts over an Egyptian track. I had years of Survivor grunts in my head (me and my wife are huge fans) so I knew exactly what he was after. I always imagined those vocal sessions must be fun for you guys.

Do you know if can work perfect with reverbs like Quantum Leap Spaces or Lexicon? Thanks for the support here ccemusic.

Thanks Rob. By the way, I'm a big fan of your work. I checked off a bucket list item last week where the producer wanted vocal grunts over an Egyptian track. I had years of Survivor grunts in my head (me and my wife are huge fans) so I knew exactly what he was after. I always imagined those vocal sessions must be fun for you guys.
:)

Still on the fence about whether to go for Neutron, Neutron Advanced, or the whole bundle. Please someone convince me not to open my wallet!

Don't waste your money on Neutron or Trash. Both are totally useless, and Trash is most certainly not a secret favorite of mine when stem mastering. You'll hate the boatloads of saturation models to choose from. And what is the point of multiband saturation? Useless technology... Ozone 7? Pshaw! Worst limiter in the business with terrible Studer Tape and Pultec emulations... :grin:

Top Bottom