What's new

"Game Changer" is now completely overused

Just wait: "Game changer" will one day be recognized as not merely classic ad-speak but iconic and legendary!!!!!!!! (let me know if I have enough exclamation points)

Can I put in a bad word for "Hacks", "Cheats", "Cheat Sheets", and all the other crap expressions that imply that "Game Changing" knowledge can be acquired from a video with a person looking like a lunatic on the thumbnail.

'analogue sound'
'game changer'
'artificial intelligence'

Three terms that every audio plugins marketing expert needs to know*

*to put them in the advertisement material. Understanding of those terms' meanings is not recommended.

It reminds me of the writing style advertising articles use. I had a comp. professor once tell me he wanted to compose a suite where each movement was based on a clickbait phrase:

I. The One Simple Trick Your Boss Doesn’t Want You To Know About
II. These Celebrities Looks Like This Now?
III. Doctors Hate Him

I think his idea is a game changer.

Is it just me or does it seem like in the past year or two I'm hearing people say this more and more with music technology, whether gear or software? It's all across youtube, social media, and articles, often as a click-bait title. Stating that such-and-such new software release or piece of gear is a "game changer."

Sure, I get it, something comes along every now and again which can be a game changer, but not everything all the time can be a game changer. I see it often with something as basic as new virtual instrument release which offers one extra string articulation. GAME CHANGER! Or a DAW which finally catches up to the rest by adding some relatively basic piano roll function. GAME CHANGER! Or a new effects unit is released with the ability to add... 🥁 reverb. GAME CHANGER!

Call me crazy but I always thought something which "changes the game" to be a profound and highly inventive release which completely changes the way things are done, not a minor or common update.

/rant over 🤪
Clearly you haven't tried reversed bartok pizzicato with polyphonic legato AND auto AI-enhanced EQ

The last real game changer i bought was Infinite Brass and Woodwinds, as they litterally changed my workflow to something i feel works better. But that is what.. 4 or 5 years ago maybe? And i don't think he Aaron uses that phrase about his own products.

Top Bottom