What's new

Fiddle Virtual Instrument

There is something also in the Best Service Ethno World and the UVI World Suite collections. I don't have the needed competence to understand how good they are.

Paolo

I've been biting my tongue watching this thread but can't do it any longer. :) Red Room Audio is currently working on 2 deep-sampled fiddle libraries recorded by 2 award-winning fiddlers in different parts of the world. Each fiddler specializes in a different folk style and we captured an ample selection of genre-specific articulations and ornaments. Both fiddles are recorded & edited and being scripted now. Stay tuned for more details coming asap.

Last edited:
I've been biting my tongue watching this thread but can't do it any longer. :) Red Room Audio is currently working on 2 deep-sampled fiddle libraries recorded by 2 award-winning fiddlers in different parts of the world. Each fiddler specializes in a different folk style and we captured an ample selection of genre-specific articulations and ornaments. Both fiddles are recorded & edited and being scripted now. Stay tuned for more details coming asap.
Boom. Watch out everyone

Really cool. Are we looking at weeks or months from release?

Oh man, you bombarded me with such a good news! More fiddle libraries that we can expect for! Feel itching to place orders!!

Hi @Rob Elliott. We've just begun scripting and will then go through the normal beta testing and demo writing periods. I'm guessing they'll be ready by late September/early October. We're really excited about these!
Ok thanks for that. Since these samples are just not available in great numbers I'll probably pick up both the referenced library to this thread AND yours in Oct. Options will be key me thinks - to cover just the right vibe/project.

Brilliant! I lost this thread for the last few days and have only just seen this.

The fiddle is offered now...and no phrases....nevertheless it will be a lot of work to patchwork a convincing fiddle performance out of it....:)

The fiddle is offered now...and no phrases....nevertheless it will be a lot of work to patchwork a convincing fiddle performance out of it....:)

I can confirm this. Had to purchase it anyway just to find out. While I do like the tone of the samples it is at best a very simple library with just a few key articulations and almost no tweakability. I could certainly create some nice passages with it, working within its limitations, but would have a hard time recreating many traditional fiddle tunes owing to it’s lack of flexibility. As it has just been released, I did come across a couple of mistakes in the GUI that I’m sure the developers will fix. Red Room and hopefully others can take heart that a full featured fiddle VI has yet to be released.

Really looking forward to hearing what Red Room do with this.

And slightly off-topic, there's an interesting teaser on Soniccouture's website. Although it's not going to be the JBV of hardanger fiddles I've been longing for, they have said something about a Nyckelharpa

I recently used the JB Violin for celtic's style piece I shared here: https://vi-control.net/community/threads/celtic-circassian-circle.74408/

...The closest instrument I have heard is the Ilya Efimov treatment of Uilean pipes:
https://www.ilyaefimov.com/products/ethnic-winds/uillean-pipes.html
This is how I imagine a dedicated fiddle style could be sampled, where the major ornamentations are deep sampled or scripted.
+1

Now, I'll waiting for RedRoomAudio library.

Last edited:
Top Bottom