1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fiddle Virtual Instrument

Discussion in 'SAMPLE Talk' started by dflood, Dec 14, 2017.

1. ptram

ptram Senior Member

Nov 30, 2013
    There is something also in the Best Service Ethno World and the UVI World Suite collections. I don't have the needed competence to understand how good they are.

Paolo

2. Red Room Audio

Red Room Audio Senior Member

I've been biting my tongue watching this thread but can't do it any longer. :) Red Room Audio is currently working on 2 deep-sampled fiddle libraries recorded by 2 award-winning fiddlers in different parts of the world. Each fiddler specializes in a different folk style and we captured an ample selection of genre-specific articulations and ornaments. Both fiddles are recorded & edited and being scripted now. Stay tuned for more details coming asap.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2018
  3. ChrisSiuMusic

ChrisSiuMusic Senior Member

Dec 21, 2017
    Boom. Watch out everyone

4. Rob Elliott

Rob Elliott Senior Member

Really cool. Are we looking at weeks or months from release?

5. HBen

HBen Senior Member

Apr 1, 2018
    Oh man, you bombarded me with such a good news! More fiddle libraries that we can expect for! Feel itching to place orders!!

6. Red Room Audio

Red Room Audio Senior Member

Hi @Rob Elliott. We've just begun scripting and will then go through the normal beta testing and demo writing periods. I'm guessing they'll be ready by late September/early October. We're really excited about these!

7. Rob Elliott

Rob Elliott Senior Member

Ok thanks for that. Since these samples are just not available in great numbers I'll probably pick up both the referenced library to this thread AND yours in Oct. Options will be key me thinks - to cover just the right vibe/project.

SoNowWhat? likes this.
  8. SoNowWhat?

SoNowWhat? realised I can type here

Jul 26, 2016
    Insanity Samples Fiddle is out (see commercial announcements tier 2 for more info).

Quasar and Wally Garten like this.
  9. SoNowWhat?

SoNowWhat? realised I can type here

Jul 26, 2016
    Brilliant! I lost this thread for the last few days and have only just seen this.

rottoy likes this.
  10. Sid Francis

Sid Francis Senior Member

Feb 4, 2011
    near Cologne/ Germany
    The fiddle is offered now...and no phrases....nevertheless it will be a lot of work to patchwork a convincing fiddle performance out of it....:)

11. OP
    OP
    dflood

dflood Senior Member

Jun 14, 2017
    I can confirm this. Had to purchase it anyway just to find out. While I do like the tone of the samples it is at best a very simple library with just a few key articulations and almost no tweakability. I could certainly create some nice passages with it, working within its limitations, but would have a hard time recreating many traditional fiddle tunes owing to it’s lack of flexibility. As it has just been released, I did come across a couple of mistakes in the GUI that I’m sure the developers will fix. Red Room and hopefully others can take heart that a full featured fiddle VI has yet to be released.

Quasar and Red Room Audio like this.
  12. Lode_Runner

Lode_Runner Senior Member

Feb 5, 2014
    Really looking forward to hearing what Red Room do with this.

And slightly off-topic, there's an interesting teaser on Soniccouture's website. Although it's not going to be the JBV of hardanger fiddles I've been longing for, they have said something about a Nyckelharpa

SoNowWhat? likes this.