What's new

Eastwest Hollywood Fantasy Orchestra (All modules released)

How big is the whole thing? They're offering it at 50% discount. The lowest prices from EW I've seen is 60% + some store discount after 1-2 years from the release. I was going to wait, but now I'm tempted to get it.

Last edited:
Around 165gb if I recall correctly. I have Composer Cloud for the next year, so I'm going to wait and hope that they do a HOOPUS/Fantasy Orchestra bundle at some point next year.

How is everyone who is using Fantasy Orchestra getting along with it? I don't see a ton of hype or discussion surrounding it, and so there also isn't a lot of user demos getting posted (although the few in this thread are great) to help me wrap my head around it. I'm considering the 50% off sale though because I do love that fantasy sound they have in their demos and I'm not sure I've got anything else that can quite get there.

Is it everything it's cracked up to be? Anyone feel like sharing anything they've done with it recently?

How is everyone who is using Fantasy Orchestra getting along with it? I don't see a ton of hype or discussion surrounding it, and so there also isn't a lot of user demos getting posted (although the few in this thread are great) to help me wrap my head around it. I'm considering the 50% off sale though because I do love that fantasy sound they have in their demos and I'm not sure I've got anything else that can quite get there.

Is it everything it's cracked up to be? Anyone feel like sharing anything they've done with it recently?
Hello, I've done something with it, I post it here if it can help to ear that library in context, and interacting with other librarys. I'm a beginner and I'm sure there is probably a lot of problems in it, so sorry in advance for the amateurism.
First of all, you need to know that I did not used the Fantasy Orchestra alone for this.
You can ear the Fantasy Orchestra in the percussions (roman tympanium and the snares in the first part, the gong cymbals in the second part, and Nagara rub FX in the last part)
I also used it for the brasses in the second part (along with Era, Rinascimiento and Spifire british drama toolkit), the main one is the Wagner tuba that is the lead intrument for the melody but you can also ear the Alpen Horn. In that second part, I also used The Fantasy Orchestra for the strings : Viola de gamba spiccatto, high string ensemble and the fiddle legato.
In the second part I added an irish whistle to bost my little Tabor pipe (from Rinascimiento) which is the main flute of the piece.
The Taggleharpa is not from the Fantasy orchestra, but from Groth. The Horns are from Era Medieval. And some medieval percs also come from Ethera Element Cinematic Rythm.
The men voices are not from the Fantasy Orchestra (Silka and Prometheus).

(Context : this music is for a personal audiobook and it is writen to portray a specific character with heroic dreams that quickly go very wrong.)

Attachments

• Mixdown(8).mp3
    2.9 MB
I’ve been playing around with it quite a bit and am enjoying the instrument selections. Haven’t really tried the orchestrator, yet.

One should note here that this deal doesn't include the free Forbidden Planet synth which is now offered along with Fantasy Orchestra elsewhere.
Yes but is Forbidden Planet deposited into your account upon registration of Fantasy Orchestra? or do you get a separate serial for it from purchasing elsewhere?

It is done on registration. I just bought it via KVR as I realised I had some marketplace points stored up that I hadn't used.

The Forbidden Planet licence was waiting in the Installation Manager after logging in.

It is done on registration. I just bought it via KVR as I realised I had some marketplace points stored up that I hadn't used.

The Forbidden Planet licence was waiting in the Installation Manager after logging in.
Interesting. I guess they just messed up the marketing text as it doesn't say it there anywhere.

I am still in the middle of dowloading HOOPUS. Strings are estimated at 60 hrs.! I reckon there'll be enough space on my external SSD for this, too. I expect I'll want to buy it.

Top Bottom