What's new

Eastwest Hollywood Fantasy Orchestra (All modules released)

Braveheart

Introducing Hollywood Fantasy Orchestra, a brand-new orchestra that includes everything you need to create fantasy film, television, and game soundtracks. Produced by sound titans Doug Rogers and Nick Phoenix, Hollywood Fantasy Orchestra includes unique ensembles of world instruments that have been featured in the biggest movies and games in history, mixed with modern octave-doubled orchestral sections that perfectly compliment Hollywood Orchestra, all with full stereo imaging mic placement and all the features of EastWest’s revolutionary Opus player. If you’re scoring the next big fantasy epic or medieval tale, adding in a few period solo instruments won’t cut it — you need to bridge the gap between orchestral and world instruments. Every instrument needs to earn its place in the mix to create a massive cinematic sound, so we created an entirely new orchestra that puts all the period instruments you need on the same stage. It’s simply unlike anything you’ve heard before.

CHAPTER 1​

HOLLYWOOD FANTASY STRINGS​

Hollywood Fantasy Strings is the first iteration of Hollywood Fantasy Orchestra, putting 5 of the most iconic instruments from the Medieval, Renaissance, and Baroque eras at your fingertips alongside brand-new stylized recordings from modern-day orchestral musicians. It includes true legato, diverse articulations, everything you need to produce the perfect fantasy cue to the highest professional standards. We infused it with the same power and flexibility as Hollywood Strings, with the same microphone placements, in the exact same studio, tailor-made to mix perfectly, so you can rest assured that your string libraries are all up to the task.

Interesting ensembles.

- 3 Hardanger fiddles.
- 3 Viola da gambas.
- 3 Lutes.
- 3 Mountain dulcimers.
- 2 Hurdy gurdies.
- Low strings (6 cellos, 4 basses).
- High strings (8 violins, 6 violas).

The demos sound good too. I appreciate being able to listen to the stems!

I think it sounds cool. Having small ensembles of those instruments that blend well with the orchestra is nice to have for sure. I'm curious about the other volumes as well.

Even though I like the concept, and even with the intro discount, it seems a bit expensive for the content though. The full price buys two Tarilonte libraries at full price with a ton of instruments. With some room placement, I can form my own ensembles or just blend them with regular strings to get a similar effect.

I wanted to cancel CC, so I bought what I need from it just yesterday. And if this Fantasy series is good, I think that was bad timing on my part :emoji_thinking:

I figure it's worth asking, the page calls it Hollywood Fantasy Orchestra so does this mean it's an all in one like HOOpus and paying the $399 will include the future installments or it's $399 for just the strings alone ?

I think it sounds cool. Having small ensembles of those instruments that blend well with the orchestra is nice to have for sure. I'm curious about the other volumes as well.

Even though I like the concept, and even with the intro discount, it seems a bit expensive for the content though. The full price buys two Tarilonte libraries at full price with a ton of instruments. With some room placement, I can form my own ensembles or just blend them with regular strings to get a similar effect.

I wanted to cancel CC, so I bought what I need from it just yesterday. And if this Fantasy series is good, I think that was bad timing on my part :emoji_thinking:
My pure guess it that they are pushing subscription for the time being with this kind of price. Then later on, when all the products are released, maybe we can hope for some kind of price for the bundle similar to Hollywood Orchestra later down the road.

I figure it's worth asking, the page calls it Hollywood Fantasy Orchestra so does this mean it's an all in one like HOOpus and paying the $399 will include the future installments or it's $399 for just the strings alone ?
Adding the strings in cart shows the same price for the strings alone.

Man I am not a fan of subscriptions at all. But EastWest I struggle with sometimes. lol I know eventually we'll see these on sale but waiting is not my strong suit. For 20 bucks I might have to hop in and try these out after they've popped out a few more. The demos DO sound good!

The year of release?! I can't tell if you are joking, I'm missing some information, or this is a typo.
I mean that's close to what happened with HOOPUS itself. It went from requiring all parts of the Hollywood Orchestra for an upgrade price to just owning any part, and the prices have come down pretty fast.

Having said that, we are still talking about a string library vs an entire orchestra. Still it's not crazy to think slow sales could bring it down in price by BF. Even Spitfire (with AR Low perc) broke their own one-year-wait rule to knock the price down. I'm not rooting for it though, just pointing that out.

I mean that's close to what happened with HOOPUS itself. It went from requiring all parts of the Hollywood Orchestra for an upgrade price to just owning any part, and the prices have come down pretty fast.

Having said that, we are still talking about a string library vs an entire orchestra. Still it's not crazy to think slow sales could bring it down in price by BF. Even Spitfire (with AR Low perc) broke their own one-year-wait rule to knock the price down. I'm not rooting for it though, just pointing that out.
Oh, I see. I thought that the price drop was recent and that it was an old library, just ported to OPUS from Play. Thanks.

Dear EW: When it comes to brass, the Horn of Doom, aka BWAAAM is not an appropriate way to score fantasy. Please don't include it!

That BWAAAM really seems to trigger our community. We might need some sort of rating system in place to protect people. :grin:

Top Bottom