What's new

Do we need Kontakt 6

With a 7 years life cycle, the question is more when will you update. Those needing it will update now, the others when it will be 50% off on next summer, but in the end...

Before a particularly library forces me to upgrade, I won't upgrade.

As a user but not a developer of many Kontakt libraries I care about only one thing: Is the new version, faster, more efficient, more stable, does it bring about the AU3 revolution... Or maybe can I resize the GUI to actually read the gibberish without a microscope? No, none of that was in the headlines of the sales blurbs. Therefore I will skip until a more urgent necessity arises hopefully much later down the road.

I'll upgrade to Kontakt 6 only when I upgrade to K12 Ultimate - butI'm not is any hurry to do so as I am rather busy at the moment. I'll probably get the upgrade when I'm a bit flush and/or have some time to play with it, but there's certainly no urgency.

I was just about to ask the same question and purely as a consumer of libraries it seems there is no rush to upgrage.

But the wavetables functionality raises some interesting questions. Are we seeing something similar to Serum?

Are we seeing something similar to Serum?

Depends on what exactly you mean. You cannot create your wavetables in Kontakt like you can in Serum. But you can definitely load wavetables generated by Serum.

It's more similar to Massive, with more phase distortion modes than Massive.

Depends on what exactly you mean. You cannot create your wavetables in Kontakt like you can in Serum. But you can definitely load wavetables generated by Serum.

It's more similar to Massive, with more phase distortion modes than Massive.

Then it will be interesting to see what comes out of it.

Nah, the 3 new instruments and a few more SFX (who uses Kontakts effects anyway?) are not worth 99 bucks to me. In summer you can upgrade to K12 for 200€ probably, it contains Kontakt 6.

I'm holding off as well until a developer comes out with something I want that requires it. I'll end up upgrading to Komplete 12 during the next sale anyway. I'm just crossing my fingers nothing major comes out using it until then.

Top Bottom