What's new

CSS (Cinematic Studios) Control Panel - CSS/CSSS/CSB/CSW legato delay solution + other features (1.8, now with Winds!)

Could you tell me what your sample buffer is?
256 in Reaper and 256/384 in Cubase. As noticed Tack, in his Reaper script (that make same purposes as AVO), it's necessary to leave a bit of headroom between the negative delay limit and the largest delayed group. So it can be useful to set -375 there instead of -333. - May be for AVO also it needs to set different values in track delay and in the script?

@Vadium and @Ihnoc : Isn't this the exact same problem I was having (and still haven't figured out a workaround) in page 3 of this thread?

Meaning that the articulations just aren't following the delay set by the script, but are constantly playing that 300ms in advance?

Isn't this the exact same problem
Oh yeah. apparently, I have long read the beginning of this thread and managed to forget about this problem..

for cubase see a recent video

My current idea for Reaper is:

Script on a tracks: customized delay for 1 midi ch = -333, for 2 midi ch = 250, etc.
Kontakt: 1ch: Adv legato selected and all other purged, 2ch: legato std, etc.

I made this picture with already inserted MIDI time adjustment delay
But isn't Time adjustment delay offsetting sound going out from Kontakt i.e not delaying Midi in? Since adding this plugin to a MIDI track doesn't make a difference I don't really know how to get a MIDI delay.

Oh yeah. apparently, I have long read the beginning of this thread and managed to forget about this problem..

for cubase see a recent video

My current idea for Reaper is:

Script on a tracks: customized delay for 1 midi ch = -333, for 2 midi ch = 250, etc.
Kontakt: 1ch: Adv legato selected and all other purged, 2ch: legato std, etc.

What script are Reaper users using?

What script are Reaper users using?
There isn't really useful script for Reaper, as I know.

Now I test my Bidule patch for it (see att.pic), but it introduces own strange bugs - first note of notes with higher velocity diapason after low velocity notes sounds with accents, and I don't know why..

I have wondered if this is, perhaps, buffer based.
Idea! May be it based on missing delay for CC controls and keyswitches?
A think, additional slider needs for keyswitches (both CC58 and notes) personal delay. If a track delay set to -333, what delay have keyswitches in script 1.5? And what delay has messages like CC1 and CC1? As I think, all keyswitch for now is -333. So, shifted to -333ms legato keyswitch in my example as fact affects to previous staccato note. If I insert delay only for keyswitches, transitions between staccato and legato starts to be ok (strange, but with values not exactly 333, but, for example, 200ms)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-08-30 at 00.36.23.JPEG
    Screen Shot 2019-08-30 at 00.36.23.JPEG
    22.2 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
yes, it works. Ihnoc, just add to script next options: delay for keyswitches (CC/key), delay for all other messages/cc

There isn't really useful script for Reaper, as I know.

Now I test my Bidule patch for it (see att.pic), but it introduces own strange bugs - first note of notes with higher velocity diapason after low velocity notes sounds with accents, and I don't know why..

Idea! May be it based on missing delay for CC controls and keyswitches?
A think, additional slider needs for keyswitches (both CC58 and notes) personal delay. If a track delay set to -333, what delay have keyswitches in script 1.5? And what delay has messages like CC1 and CC1? As I think, all keyswitch for now is -333. So, shifted to -333ms legato keyswitch in my example as fact affects to previous staccato note. If I insert delay only for keyswitches, transitions between staccato and legato starts to be ok (strange, but with values not exactly 333, but, for example, 200ms)
Then essentially the control panel is useless in Reaper?
Untitled.png

Then essentially the control panel is useless in Reaper?

I thought you were asking about a solution built entirely with Reaper, without AVO script (control panel) - by JS or lua scripting

This JS MIDI Delay on your picture can be used as an overall miditrack delay - as a pair for AVO script (control panel) in Kontakt.

But in Reaper 2 bugs still present:
1)with 1st note (in Cubase all is ok, but in Reaper it still be)
2)delay of keyswitches

Last edited:
Just want to thanks Alex once again for this wonderful script! Working like a charm on my VEP7 template + ComposerToolsPro (I'm dealing with the delay CC13 there!).

File 13-10-2019, 17 03 38.png

Here below a track where I've used mostly CSS (aside from the real violin and the Spitfire Symphonic Strings Evolutions in the first part). Enjoy!

Last edited:
in such instruments, timbre (or layers of samples) controlled not by velocity, but CC1, isn't it?
The velocity data used only for articulation selection in this case, not for timbre, as I understand
actually, timbre is determined by both, but i just checked and CC1 overrides velocities in this case, so we are all good!
Thank you again!

Hi Where do I place this script on a Mac ? Can't find Kontakt user script folder....
Are there other existings scripts especially made for Logic X ? Thank you

Hi Where do I place this script on a Mac ? Can't find Kontakt user script folder....
Are there other existings scripts especially made for Logic X ? Thank you
Apologies; I don't use a Mac so can't comment exactly where this would be. However, if you try to save your own script, the folder that is used will open. You should be able use that filepath.

Perfect I could load the multi script. Sorry for the newbie question, I'm totally new with scripts.
Is there a tutorial somewhere ?
1) The script is for controling keyswitch with control change ? For ex tremolo KS is assigned to 25, when I turn my keyboard (Komplete Kontrol S61) controller knob number 25 it should switch to Tremolo ? (Not working here
2) The delay: what's the aim of it ?

Perfect I could load the multi script. Sorry for the newbie question, I'm totally new with scripts.
Is there a tutorial somewhere ?
1) The script is for controling keyswitch with control change ? For ex tremolo KS is assigned to 25, when I turn my keyboard (Komplete Kontrol S61) controller knob number 25 it should switch to Tremolo ? (Not working here
2) The delay: what's the aim of it ?

No this script does not enable keyswitch changes via CC. Use CC58 as in Cinematic Studio Strings to do that. Check that library's manual for more details. The delay aligns all the articulations within that library to compensate for the long legato transitions. If you don't find the library's transitions a problem for you, it won't be very useful!

What I don't get is
- if on a track I have various legato speed, I need to change track delay each time legato speed (velocity) change ? by using delay control cc 13 ?

What I don't get is
- if on a track I have various legato speed, I need to change track delay each time legato speed (velocity) change ? by using delay control cc 13 ?

You should not need to set CC13 (or whatever controller number you want) above 64 more than once, if you want the script to work all the time. The idea is that you set the track delay in your DAW to the longest delay in the script (which is 300ms by default for the slowest legato transition, so set the track delay to -300ms).

The script then subtracts the other delays below in the UI so they land on the beat if you quantise.

The delay CC (13 by default) is there to turn the script off quickly for live recording, and back on for rendering and polish.

In the next version, there will be an always on option if you want to use another library for sketching and drag it onto CSS.

Top Bottom