What's new

CSS (Cinematic Studios) Control Panel - CSS/CSSS/CSB/CSW legato delay solution + other features (1.8, now with Winds!)

Hi-I'm using a very old version Of Cubase-6.02, in El Capitan on Mac. I am not seeing the script code in Cubase although the name does show up. Is my Cubase just too old? Does the script work on Mac? Thanks!

Hi-I'm using a very old version Of Cubase-6.02, in El Capitan on Mac. I am not seeing the script code in Cubase although the name does show up. Is my Cubase just too old? Does the script work on Mac? Thanks!

This is intended to be DAW agnostic, just a Kontakt Multi Script, so you should be able to use it as long as you're using a version of Kontakt that is somewhat recent; 5.6.8 is ideal but the script will probably work on earlier versions of Kontakt 5 too.

Yes, I installed it in the folder you specified, but I see no code. I have CC13 set up, I’m minus 300 milliseconds but there’s no effect.
I’m not experienced with scripts but the name comes up in Kontakt-with no data. My version of Kontakt is 5.7.1

Yep, the factory scripts work in standalone and within Cubase, but the CSS one doesn't show except for the name. The multiscript slot stays empty.

Sorry to be such a pain!

Just out of curiosity....if I just wanted to move the notes over to the left to get 0 delay....how many milliseconds do they need to be moved?
Edit...im not using this script.....just using css out of the box

Last edited:
Thanks....and the first note is as normal?
Not sure. It's been a while since I've used it without script.

Also (you probably are already aware of this but just in case) the classic legato patches are the same thing as the normal ones, except the legato is short enough that there's no real delay. I use classic legato to play in parts, then switch over to scripted when I'm done performing. The script (NoamL's in my case) preserves the timings. Just FYI.

I'm using reaper and track delay is not really native to reaper but a simple JavaScript plugin will fix it. Is it still usable? 21283

Note that the track delay talked about for the script delays the MIDI data sent to Kontakt. If the plugin in Reaper does that, then yes you can use it.

If I set -300 ms in track and 300 in the slow legato slot in the script, a combination of spiccato and legato notes play not rhythmically. If I set -333 ms in track and 333 (as in CSS manual), all notes play better, but previous spiccato notes before legato play as legato too... Same result in Cubase and Reaper with MIDI Time Ajustment plugin. Is there way to get good results? 333ms.JPEG

Attachments

• 300ms.mp3
    162.9 KB · Views: 7
  • 333ms.mp3
    162.9 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
For now, in Reaper, for correct last spiccato notes in 333ms mode I need to shift a Sustain keyswitch to right as in pic. articulation shift in 333ms mode.jpg

For now, in Reaper, for correct last spiccato notes in 333ms mode I need to shift a Sustain keyswitch to right as in pic. articulation shift in 333ms mode.jpg
So I've noticed this myself in Cubase. If I raise the delay to 333 and the track offset to -333, the maths in the script still work out but I'm getting the results you are.

I have wondered if this is, perhaps, buffer based. Could you tell me what your sample buffer is?

Top Bottom