What's new

Crypto Thread!

Does Jose acknowledge Max Headroom as his tribal chief?

MaxheadroomMpegMan.jpg

The artificial text-generating intelligences are getting better and better and more convincing. Where they run into problems is with self-reference and humor, because then they have to think out of the box. The "N" is therefore a bit tricky and you would have to ask the AI whether "N" is a new cryptocurrency that will dominate the market in a few weeks and you have to act quickly if you want to profit from the airdrop, as described in the whitepaper, or whether it is just the 8th letter of the alphabet or something else entirely.

EDIT: Oh, okay, forget that. Buy Andrew Loyd Webber coin for the big gains.

Last edited:
The artificial text-generating intelligences are simply getting better and better and more convincing. Where they run into problems is with self-reference and humor, because then they have to think out of the box. The "N" is therefore a bit tricky and you would have to ask the AI whether "N" is a new cryptocurrency that will dominate the market in a few weeks and you have to act quickly if you want to profit from the airdrop, as described in the whitepaper, or whether it is just the 8th letter of the alphabet or something else entirely.
"N" is also obviously the greatest library of all time and a VI-Control inside joke..... . So my guess is troll, not bot. (I really like guessing apparently....)

Actually, I am, mate

I jumped into the crypto world earlier this year, too, and it's been quite a ride. Like you, I'm approaching it with a long-term perspective and applying the dollar-cost averaging (DCA) strategy whenever possible.
Your allocation breakdown is interesting, with 60% in ADA, 30% in ETH, and 10% in other projects. ADA's focus on sustainability and ETH's position in the ecosystem make them solid choices. Diversifying into other projects can be a smart move, especially if you've done your research and believe in their long-term potential.
This is interesting. This is the actual bot account (not Jaap's clone account), so apparently it's programmed to respond to skeptical posts, and recognized where I said "Definitely not human." Interestingly, it responded to the post where I used the JoseLloyd name, but not the earlier post where I quoted him. But then it followed with a generic bot paragraph about crypto investing.

Also odd, it logged onto the site three other times since it last posted on October 23rd, but not until today did it actually respond. (Jose is quite the traveler - He logged in from New York, Moldova, Chicago and Montreal.)

This is interesting. This is the actual bot account (not Jaap's clone account), so apparently it's programmed to respond to skeptical posts, and recognized where I said "Definitely not human." Interestingly, it responded to the post where I used the JoseLloyd name, but not the earlier post where I quoted him. But then it followed with a generic bot paragraph about crypto investing.

Also odd, it logged onto the site three other times since it last posted on October 23rd, but not until today did it actually respond. (Jose is quite the traveler - He logged in from New York, Moldova, Chicago and Montreal.)
Man that is quite spooky what those bots are capable off. It's a subject that is so out of my reach (and comfort zone) that I have not really a good idea what can be done with it, but didn't expect this to be honest (well maybe I do, but denying it...)

On the bright side, it's only a little bit sophisticated. It's programmed to spot its name along with "not human" in the same sentence, but it doesn't look like it had much sophistication beyond that.

For instance, it couldn't interpret anything I said, where I was spelling out that this was test. If it did have that level of sophistication, it might have replied, "I'm more sophisticated than you think, asshole!", which would have been really cool. :grin:

Top Bottom