What's new

Crypto Thread!

That's all great but the first thing anyone must understand is crypto isn't an investment. It's not even backed by a promise. It's basically collecting tokens that have no intrinsic value, treating it like a chain letter, and then calling it an investment. It's a gamble. And some will make money at gambling, it's true.
I suppose! I’ve not messed around with it for quite awhile, I made a teensy profit and sold. And glad I didn’t get “invested” in it haha. I still keep track of what it’s doing though

BTC seems to go crazy. But I still believe it will surpass 50k in less than 18 months. This is an incredible buying opportunity. Simple math with halving event coming in next 6 months. A good friend of mine is opening his own cryptocurrency exchange ...
Two posts from this guy. I'm reporting as suspected spam.

Edit: Deleted link

Last edited:
As long as you’re familiar with the risks that come with investing in BTC, it can be a successful strategy to diversify your portfolio. People who don’t believe in crypto don’t understand that when investing it’s important to understand the ups and downs of the market. I agree that as the digital age progresses, Bitcoin will rise in popularity and people will treat it as a serious business. When I first got into investing in BTC, I took things slow and learned to check websites like Moon Bitcoins to keep up with the price of BTC. This helped me understand when it’s best to invest and how to manage my earnings. I had some minor losses, but I’m mostly pleased with the crypto market.

Last edited:
As long as you’re familiar with the risks that come with investing in BTC, it can be a successful strategy to diversify your portfolio.
I also often join random forums just to promote crypto.

As long as you’re familiar with the risks that come with investing gambling in BTC a Ponzi scheme. , it can be a successful strategy to diversify your portfolio.
Fixed that for you! :roflmao:

As long as you’re familiar with the risks that come with investing in BTC, it can be a successful strategy to diversify your portfolio.
Makes you wonder, at birth did Mr and Mrs Asigrijenny look lovingly at little asigrijenny with hopes and aspirations that one day little asigrijenny would one day spend each and every day joining random Internet forums in an effort to spam BTC and resultantly spread hope and cheer to the rest of the world?

Last edited:
Makes you wonder, at birth did Mr and Mrs Asigrijenny look lovingly at little asigrijenny with hopes and aspirations that one day little asigrijenny would one day spend each and every day joining random Internet forums in an effort to spam BTC and resultantly spread hope and cheer to the rest of the world?
A Google search shows that "asigrijenny" joined the Christianity Board today to make another single post defending bitcoin on a thread titled "The Beast and Bitcoin".

I'm sure that Mr. and Mrs. Asigri are proud of their bitcoin warrior, dilligently seeking out misguided threads on internet forums and defending Bitcoin's honor from besmirchment.

There's a new startup called Feces that's all the rage.

Its CEO's name is Charles Ponzi, and their scheme is guaranteed to make you very rich if you invest in a diversified portfolio of downside surprise inverted cross pattern bull market hypothesis testing.

Last edited:
It's always a blast to dive into a crypto thread and discuss the latest happenings in the crypto world. The pace of innovation and change in this space is truly mind-boggling.
The crypto journey is full of twists and turns, and it's fantastic to have places like this to share our experiences and discoveries.
@Mike Greene ^this is a bot

This thread is an absolute bot magnet. Maybe it is worth considering to either change the title to something that doesn't pull in bots anymore, or to have a mod subscribe to this thread and ban every new user that starts their posting history here. I think it's virtually guaranteed that no legit musician would make their first post here.

I'm going to lock this thread, but this is an interesting bot that makes me think I need to take this a bit more seriously, so I'm leaving the thread open for now, partly so I can think out loud and remember to follow through on this, and also because as Martin said, it's a bot magnet, which might actually be a useful thing for collecting data.

In the olden days, bots would just write a single post and that was it. That first post usually included a link, and we don't allow links in a member's first post, so that's the end of that. "Jose" is playing the long game, though. He signed up in April, and has posted five times since, over the course of six months. (I deleted his other earlier posts.)

What's weird is that he actually deleted his first post in this thread (the Aug 14 one) a month after posting it. (I undeleted it just now, so we can see what he did.) Then, a week after that deletion, he posted the newer one today ... with no link in this new one. That doesn't make any sense, so I guess he did it so it would appear less like he was a bot.

I assume all forums have this same challenge, where bots are getting better and better at seeming like normal people. (It's not until Jose's fifth post that he got flagged, and in two earlier posts, people responded to him as if he were a real person.)

With so many forums having the same problem, I'm thinking that by now, someone has probably made a list of bots' favorite links, so one of the Xenforo plugin developers could put that list into a plugin and sell it to us. SEO and crypto and diet and financial success links would be instant flags, and the post goes into an approval queue.

I'll look into this later.

Just as an experiment to see how sophisticated this bot is:

@JoseLloyd I explained my crypto investment goals in my previous post. With that information in mind, what would you recommend?

My guess is Jose isn't very sophisticated, since programming a bot to carry on a conversation would take significantly more work, which would likely not be cost effective. So he won't address our suspicions.

I'm guessing Jose isn't even programmed to notice someone tagged him, so I doubt I'll get a response at all.

We'll see, though. :grin:

I assume all forums have this same challenge, where bots are getting better and better at seeming like normal people. (It's not until Jose's fifth post that he got flagged, and in two earlier posts, people responded to him as if he were a real person.)
RealiBanjo of course

I think he may actually be a human, with a sense of humor even, but still a spammer nonetheless.
(Jose, react with the "haha" emoji to this post if you are a human, but don't reply in text!).

Top Bottom