What's new

Crusader Sword - Medieval Film Soundtrack

Silka sounds amazing!
Definitely, except that it has such a limited vocabulary... and the fact that the words are nonsense.
I'd wish a library existed where you can get the Silka-sound and dynamics + playability, but with actual latin phrases, and lots of them. 50 phrases should do it.

Definitely, except that it has such a limited vocabulary... and the fact that the words are nonsense.
I'd wish a library existed where you can get the Silka-sound and dynamics + playability, but with actual latin phrases, and lots of them. 50 phrases should do it.
It would be amazing! I wonder how close Olympus Choir Full can get/Requiem Light by sounding, I have heard some pretty good demos and they have Latin words and phrases, but if it would actually work for this, not sure.

It would be amazing! I wonder how close Olympus Choir Full can get/Requiem Light by sounding, I have heard some pretty good demos and they have Latin words and phrases, but if it would actually work for this, not sure.
Requiem Lite has no latin phrases. It too has some words which sounds latin, but are not latin at all.
Some few words are latin, but are sung with an English-American accent. The only word in Requiem Lite which has anything to do with latin is Lumine, which is the ablative singular of Lumen. It has no "Lux", "Luce", "Lucis" etc.

If one is going to have latin words, it needs to be done properly. It needs to be actual phrases, which makes sense to a latin speaking reader.

Requiem Lite has "Credodium". I think they meant "Credo in Unum Deum" - "I believe in one God". Credodium makes no sense to a latin reader.

Requiem Lite has no latin phrases. It too has some words which sounds latin, but are not latin at all.
Some few words are latin, but are sung with an English-American dialect. The only word in Requiem Lite which has anything to do with latin is Lumine, which is the ablative singular of Lumen. It has no "Lux", "Luce", "Lucis" etc.

If one is going to have latin words, it needs to be done properly. It needs to be actual phrases, which makes sense to a latin speaking reader.

Requiem Lite has "Credodium". I think they meant Credo in Unum Deum" - "I believe in one God". Credodium makes no sense to a latin reader.
Yep I wasn't sure about Requiem Light, I know Olympus has some, or at least the Micro version has one, and I seem to remember reading the full version had some. Good to know though!

Beautiful! The flute passages seem a little strange to me, but what do I know.
Thanks for the critique. I've adjusted the entire piece, and also removed one of the flute passages. Now there's only one of them. See the video in the updated original post.

Some few words are latin, but are sung with an English-American accent. The only word in Requiem Lite which has anything to do with latin is Lumine, which is the ablative singular of Lumen. It has no "Lux", "Luce", "Lucis" etc.

Requiem Lite has "Credodium". I think they meant "Credo in Unum Deum" - "I believe in one God". Credodium makes no sense to a latin reader.
That neat tool+ Hollywood Choirs and Symphonic Choirs can do this. Dominus Pro can as well but it lacks fine control. Voxos can do latin to a degree as well but I only have experience with the Eastwest wordbuilder stuff. It's far superior to any other choir technology

Top Bottom