What's new

Broadway Big Band update soon?

Thanks.EastWest never offered something that I was interested in but your intro reminded me of Sam Cooke's - A change is gonna come.It's not even that expensive so I guess I'm gonna buy it.

Thanks.EastWest never offered something that I was interested in but your intro reminded me of Sam Cooke's - A change is gonna come.It's not even that expensive so I guess I'm gonna buy it.

It's still my favorite string library that I've used. I just love the sound, and I love how deeply they've sampled everything (so many articulations!). That said, I've been eyeing the new CSS, just to have more options!

Ok but I guess we use these libraries for different genres. I'm more interested in creating that vocal Jazz, early soul type of sound while most people on this board seem to be into film composing. The string sections sound very similar, especially your example which was the reason why I signed up to this forum.:2thumbs:

BBB lite says sample content is 15 gigs. The first download was 11 gigs and the second was 12. Can someone tell me if you are getting the same results?

My download shows 12,6 gb. After extracting all files its 11,8. Although I believe that the 15gb is original wav files, and then was encoded with NI lossless compression algo to make the lib smaller in size.

what do you think of it so far guys? do you find it easy to use with just the keyswitches/modwheel? The sound really convince me. But I'm uncertain about the ease of use and time it would require to program it to obtain a convincing phrase.

what do you think of it so far guys? do you find it easy to use with just the keyswitches/modwheel? The sound really convince me. But I'm uncertain about the ease of use and time it would require to program it to obtain a convincing phrase.

I grabbed Broadway Lites, because of the crazy deal, and so far it's easy to use. You don't have to have many patches, because you can change the articulation while playing a note, e.g. from normal to flutter, or from sustain to fall.

I grabbed Broadway Lites, because of the crazy deal, and so far it's easy to use. You don't have to have many patches, because you can change the articulation while playing a note, e.g. from normal to flutter, or from sustain to fall.
Thanks. I finally decided to grab it given the crazy deal. Not disappointed. The sound is there. It is easier to use than what I was expecting. I was afraid it would require a Breath controller to be able to achieve convincing phrases live, but I'm pleased with how quickly and easily I can achieve something convincing with just the modwheel and keyboard. I can definitely see the benefits to upgrade to the full version for someone who need this kind of sound a lot. But for the kind of need I have at the moment, the content in the Lites version will be more than enough to cover it. Great addition in the toolbox.

Have a possible feature (period piece 1900-1910) - would this BBB get er done? The director is thinking early Jazz / ragtime - but with a 'looking forward vibe' (whatever that means :) )

Have a possible feature (period piece 1900-1910) - would this BBB get er done? The director is thinking early Jazz / ragtime - but with a 'looking forward vibe' (whatever that means :) )
Sounds like typical Director speak! To add-in that period vibe, maybe replicating 1940's recording technics would help, like panning, tape noise, eq, etc. ??

The public beta was supposed to be "early this month". Not once in the history of the BBB 2.0 update has Fable Sounds kept a promised date, so why start now?

Hi, we had a few last minute bug corrections, but if there are no new issues, we should be releasing the public beta within the next 48 hours, maybe even sooner.

The public beta is for Broadway Big Band users only.

Cheers,
Yuval

Hi,

Broadway Big Band can do this. You will have to choose the right combination of instruments, mic setups and articulations, but it can certainly be done. Broadway Lites is not going to be the right choice, because it is a collection geared toward a more modern sound.

For an oldie sound I usually make heavy use of the deep vibrato of the Tenor Sax 2 (played by the amazing Eli Degibri), and use the room mic (only) on the Bari Sax, and a combination of tight mics and room mics on the rest, with panning suggestive of old recording techniques. Then some additional processing on the master completes the illusion. Also, using mutes and plunger patterns on the brass helps a lot. Finally, the rhythm section Instruments in Broadway Big Band also lend themselves very well to that oldie sound.

Cheers,
Yuval

Hi, we had a few last minute bug corrections, but if there are no new issues, we should be releasing the public beta within the next 48 hours, maybe even sooner.

The public beta is for Broadway Big Band users only.

Cheers,
Yuval
Didn't you recently mention some video walkthroughs of v.2.0? Did I miss something?

Hi,

Broadway Big Band can do this. You will have to choose the right combination of instruments, mic setups and articulations, but it can certainly be done. Broadway Lites is not going to be the right choice, because it is a collection geared toward a more modern sound.

For an oldie sound I usually make heavy use of the deep vibrato of the Tenor Sax 2 (played by the amazing Eli Degibri), and use the room mic (only) on the Bari Sax, and a combination of tight mics and room mics on the rest, with panning suggestive of old recording techniques. Then some additional processing on the master completes the illusion. Also, using mutes and plunger patterns on the brass helps a lot. Finally, the rhythm section Instruments in Broadway Big Band also lend themselves very well to that oldie sound.

Cheers,
Yuval
Thanks Yuval - just so I don't misunderstand - what 'panning' specifically do you recommend (narrow width on individual instruments - almost a 'mono' sound?)

Top Bottom