What's new

Broadway Big Band update soon?

I surrender to the great deal! Buying now.

Hmmm...did anyone else do this deal? I have a serial but no links-I wonder does VST Buzz have to send them out manually...

Last edited:
i did it too! no links for me too. i think they will come later. don´t know if we have to wait until the deal is over to get the links.

I wrote to them and got my dl instructions, suggest you do the same if it hasn't shown up in your account yet. Cheers.

Hi Yuval,

thanks for taking the time to answer!!

... we recommend either using the mod-wheel only mode, where dynamics can be safely controlled by the modulation wheel (or any other midi controller you choose), or using midi compressor in your DAW on the trombone track. That is definitely NOT due to lack of dynamic layers, but rather the inclusion of the naturally very wide dynamic range of the sampled instrument.
That´s what I did. I am allways trying to play in live, depending on the library using vel. or CC, and then I am tweaking afterwards in my DAW. But specifically in the trombone, I would like to have a smoother x-fade between the two top dynamic levels. It´s such a great sound, I fell in love with the creamy emotion it can bring - but when I was tweaking the CCs to have just a tiny little bit more swell, suddenly the "brassy storm" set in.
In my personal opinion, everything relates to your approach: delivering the premium product (see also comments below). And if I understand (broken link removed) right, there is no difference in programming/velocity layers, just more instruments and the mic positions.
But hey, let´s see what 2.0 will unveil :)!

As a user of Broadway Lites only, I'm not sure you're in a perfect position to make a fair judgement call about the differences between Broadway Big Band and Broadway Lites...To claim that it's a 10% improvement is not an observation based on reality. Frankly, I'm not sure what that observation is based on, but it simply isn't true.
Sorry for not beeing specific enough: The "10%" comparison was in no way meant to describe the Lite to Full difference, but your business approach...!! It is my (subjective) feeling, that BBB is really top notch, having the edge towards the capabilities of other products (lets say CH Horns and CH Winds). But your price increase is much more than this advantage. Now it´s to the customer, if we think the advantage is worth it.
As you allready said, for some it is - and as we could read, for some it is not.

I hope I was a little bit more understandable right now (not being a native speaker) - kind regards,
Hardy

Last edited:
Thanks, I find that interesting though cause I one time suggested to the Studio One folks if a feature could be added that would remember certain expression changes I made where I use them to change the inflection (maybe not the best choice of word there) of an instrument. I end up having to keep drawing the things over and over or copy and paste. But they made a suggestion that works just as well. I was just wondering if that was the same thing or not. - Rich

Don't quote me Auto, but I think Yuval was talking about the sale price thingy he has or had going. Regarding the update I believe he wrote this.... if I can find it.... here... "That said, I am finalizing a walk-through video of the 2.0 main new features, and will try to release it before the end of this offer, so you hopefully this should help you make your purchasing decision." - Rich

"P.S.

Expect official announcements about 2.0 in the next 24 hours..."

Vids have been "coming soon" since March ;) (See page one of this thread)

Well, at least you didn't quote me. :2thumbs: Yeah, I get what you're saying. But what I'm saying is that the only thing that came of it was the announcement for the sale so maybe he was talking about that or for whatever reason, again, the update is still in orbit.

Thanks, I find that interesting though cause I one time suggested to the Studio One folks if a feature could be added that would remember certain expression changes I made where I use them to change the inflection (maybe not the best choice of word there) of an instrument. I end up having to keep drawing the things over and over or copy and paste. But they made a suggestion that works just as well. I was just wondering if that was the same thing or not. - Rich

Out of interest, what was the suggestion that they made ?

Out of interest, what was the suggestion that they made ?

I've not had much success with wind controllers so I input mostly by hand. I'm not very good at keyboards, especially if a cat is laying on it, either. So I proposed the question to the tech and he basically said to try creating a reference track to import/load into a new worksheet. It does gets a bit cumbersome if you do like I did and create a reference track for each instrument. I wound up limiting the number of expressions on each track just because it becomes a heck of a lot of scrolling to locate the expression you want and there's no way to annotate what each expression is for. I created it's own folder so I wouldn't lose my "templates" either. Hope this helps! - Rich

... There is however, one more product in the series, which is specifically aimed at live-show keyboardists on a budget. That upcoming product will offer less content for a lower price, and is very task-specific. More on that in the near future...

Given this, is it worthwhile for a musician who will be using it live to pick up Broadway Lites via the current VSTBuzz sale?

"P.S.

Expect official announcements about 2.0 in the next 24 hours..."

Vids have been "coming soon" since March ;) (See page one of this thread)

The announcement did come in the commercial announcements section:

A public beta of 2.0 for Broadway Big Band (only) by early next month, followed by an official release for both Broadway Big Band and Broadway Lites a month or two later.

I have Broadway Lites, and I still think there are some real gems in it. Depending on the context, I find the saxes and clarinet to be more convincing than Sample Modeling.

Here's a little example of a composition of mine that uses the clarinet very briefly. The saxes that follow are actually live, since I play saxophone (minus the bari, which is Broadway Lites).

As for the update, I'm a bit confused. I talked to Yuval at NAMM for the last two years, and both times he demonstrated the update in what seemed to be a ready-to-go state, so I have no idea what the delay is.

Hi Brendon,
Could you tell me what String library you used in that piece?
Thanks

Top Bottom