What's new

AVAILABLE NOW — Abbey Road One: Orchestral Foundations

British chocolate. I didn't know that was a thing. Is it a bit like British Summer?

Do not mock it.

It is a weapon of incredible power in the right hands. I have been happily married for 30 years. Do not underestimate the power of British Chocolate. I have wielded it to great effect over the years, and on several occasions I do not think I exagerate when I say it may have saved my life.....

Belgian chocolate, however, is another matter. It is the nuclear option in confectionary, and is only deployed in the direst of circumstances....

British chocolate = Worse than European, better than American. 😏
British Summer = Rain.

Seriously, do not underestimate the merits British chocolate.

Slightly a different concept from European chocolate.

Irish chocolate is slightly better. (I have an Irish friend who indignantly wrote Cadburys after doing to London, and got a very polite letter of apology in reply).

Canadian chocolate is a step down from British, but still better than American.

The situation in Africa is interesting too. But that would be a whole other post.

Seriously, do not underestimate the merits British chocolate.

Slightly a different concept from European chocolate.

Irish chocolate is slightly better. (I have an Irish friend who indignantly wrote Cadburys after doing to London, and got a very polite letter of apology in reply).

Canadian chocolate is a step down from British, but still better than American.

The situation in Africa is interesting too. But that would be a whole other post.

Cadbury's used to be British Chocolate, but now it has dual nationality since it was bought by our cousins across the pond. They reformulated it, and not in a good way.

I remember in America someone once told me that a Hershey bar was made of chocolate. They were lying.

Forunately, being a composer sort, normally the only choclate I eat comes on Chocolate Hob Nobs when served with piping hot Yorkshire Tea.

Cadbury's used to be British Chocolate, but now it has dual nationality since it was bought by our cousins across the pond. They reformulated it, and not in a good way.

I am not promoting Cadbury US (or American chocolate) in anyway, but let's be real here - using palm oil to replace cocoa butter and hike fat content, and then call it "chocolate" as Cadbury UK does - this should be a capital crime. :shocked:

Top Bottom