What's new

AVAILABLE NOW — Abbey Road One: Orchestral Foundations

thorwald

It's time to collect all the libraries that have 3 or less microphone positions and vote on which one gets a "Professional" treatment with the addition of 20 more mics, so we get up to 23 :)

Or, who knows, maybe I'll finally have my dream come true and get a Kronos quartet library from you guys 😀

In all seriousness, looking forward to this.

thorwald

According to their model, Pro versions have only more mics...so doubtful, since they already covered all winds except the alto flute, which is mind-blowing,, LOL
Hey, what's wrong with adding 20 more mics for BBC winds Pro? I'd love to have a basement microphone, recorded at the edge of silence 😀

Could it be that the BBC Symphony Orchestra does not have alto flute players? At any rate, none is listed here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/sXnJWD6dprbBG2LK4wN9Cj/whos-who

jaketanner

Could it be that the BBC Symphony Orchestra does not have alto flute players? At any rate, none is listed here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/sXnJWD6dprbBG2LK4wN9Cj/whos-who
I am pretty sure that the principals or someone within the flute players will double on the alto...not sure it's a dedicated player. They also don't list piccolo flute, but that is also a doubled part. They also show a Euphonium in another video, yet none was recorded...maybe they will add them.

Beans

Inactive
I'd rather just know now. It's quite possible I'll spend my allowed budget as soon as tonight. I've got itchy fingers.

thorwald

I am pretty sure that the principals or someone within the flute players will double on the alto...not sure it's a dedicated player. They also don't list piccolo flute, but that is also a doubled part. They also show a Euphonium in another video, yet none was recorded...maybe they will add them.
No arguments there, I'd find it quite unbelievable that they don't have someone for alto flute as well.

Top Bottom