What's new

Audiobro Modern Scoring Brass (MSB)

I’m just one opinion/use case, but if you’d like to hear MSS alongside MSB and haven’t seen the thread I made a while back, I’ll link it here:

As the title indicates, stems are also available, so you can hear it completely OTB (albeit with a single setup) and mix it yourself to see how it’d fit into your sound.
Nope i have not seen that, thank you! I think MSB could use a soft "relaunch" in the sense of getting it out there a little more

I’m just one opinion/use case, but if you’d like to hear MSS alongside MSB and haven’t seen the thread I made a while back, I’ll link it here:

As the title indicates, stems are also available, so you can hear it completely OTB (albeit with a single setup) and mix it yourself to see how it’d fit into your sound.
Well according to my "likes" i HAVE seen that lol. And contrary to the comments there, the sound of all three in the same room is pretty nice to my ears. I don't feel like the brass is too weak

Is the look ahead feature in MSB the same as MSS? As in you just turn it on and all your quantised midi will be timed correctly for all articulations?

Is the look ahead feature in MSB the same as MSS? As in you just turn it on and all your quantised midi will be timed correctly for all articulations?
Not yet, but perhaps we'll get a similar feature when they next update MSB. For now, it really is meant for auto-divisi.

Finishing up” LASS 3?
Yes, we've getting there. We still have a few rounds of testing and encoding and all that fun business. So we're not releasing this week - but we're still doing our best to get it out this year.

I'd love to hear your demo as well as a bunch more official ones, and any tidbits you're willing to share about the update. At least in these forums, i think the general vibe is that we just haven't heard enough of what it's capable of, and now, speaking for myself, I'm curious to hear it together with MSS
I'm a bit reluctant to post it, but as an unofficial I don't mind. This was in the latter stages of development and done with just Intuition instruments (so no sampled legato here). There are better demos, and I somehow missed the work of @Duncan Krummel posted above (whose writing I really enjoy).

Too early to get specific with update info on MSB, but I agree it will be worth another soft launch with some better audio examples. Not trying to sell you any copies here - if you don't like the tone you don't like it - but I personally think it's quite underrated here at VI anyway, and some of that (maybe more than some) is definitely on us.

Right now the LookAhead in MSB handles quantization differences in instrument ranges. Lower instruments especially speak slowly in their lower registers... so it compensates with custom curves. Any update would almost certainly mean bringing in the new full LookAhead (which is especially designed to handle cleaner and more transparent legato).

Hi guys... I am a brass player but didn't do the Bond demo. I originally wrote an Intuition Brass-choir style demo that never got posted. Maybe I'll share it at some point unofficially.

It's a little ways off since we're still finishing up LASS 3 now, but MSB is going to get a very nice update.
My fault - thought that was your demo. Either way, it was really well done! I think the generally brighter tone of MSB works for that piece. I haven’t heard a piece using MSB that is in a softer more choral style though.

Yes, we've getting there. We still have a few rounds of testing and encoding and all that fun business. So we're not releasing this week - but we're still doing our best to get it out this year.

I'm a bit reluctant to post it, but as an unofficial I don't mind. This was in the latter stages of development and done with just Intuition instruments (so no sampled legato here). There are better demos, and I somehow missed the work of @Duncan Krummel posted above (whose writing I really enjoy).

Too early to get specific with update info on MSB, but I agree it will be worth another soft launch with some better audio examples. Not trying to sell you any copies here - if you don't like the tone you don't like it - but I personally think it's quite underrated here at VI anyway, and some of that (maybe more than some) is definitely on us.

Right now the LookAhead in MSB handles quantization differences in instrument ranges. Lower instruments especially speak slowly in their lower registers... so it compensates with custom curves. Any update would almost certainly mean bringing in the new full LookAhead (which is especially designed to handle cleaner and more transparent legato).

This is EVERYTHING i wanted

Well according to my "likes" i HAVE seen that lol. And contrary to the comments there, the sound of all three in the same room is pretty nice to my ears. I don't feel like the brass is too weak
During the last weekend I finally found a small studio in my city, which has probably every library on this planet. They let me in for the weekend(as they don't work during weekends) and I finally got my hands on MSB and MSS(and SF's Abby Road, but that's different story...).
The brass library is amazing. The sound is convincing, clear, stable, controllable and strong, but in the same time very neutral. I had plenty of doubts before due to all the comments, but all of them disappeared in a few hours of playing with this library. I just can't understand how anyone can dislike it. I understand that we all have different preferences, but this library is objectively good - almost everything is there, the sound is solid, the control is on point, recordings/patches are agile(from full ensemble, to individual player).
I suppose people just didn't pay enough attention to auto divisi stuff and some other features that have to be set for different situations(and the fact that we have this kind of control is great, nothing to complain about).

The only thing I would add to this library is an equivalent of "Monster Brass" patches from CineBrass. I hate the childish tone of CB(no offence to anyone, I understand that it is a good library, it's just a matter of personal taste), and it includes those patches. But the idea of this FFFFFFFFFFFFF dynamic is cool and often useful. While MBS can sound loud and strong, this kind of dynamics is very special and can change the character of MBS even more if they add it as a dynamic layer(just imagine the level of dramatism we would be able to acheave with it 😱).

I also like how natural this library sounds with all kinds of algo reverbs. Ig it's due to that sonic neutrality. Speaking of neutrality - the sound itself is also very agile and responsive: it doesn't matter if you need darker or brighter tone, just use some good clean eq(I used Equilibrium) and it'll sound just like it was recorded this way - a very rare quality tbh.

Long story short, I can go on and on why this library is so great, but my main point is that it does sound strong and sound good. I think MBS didn't deserve to be bashed the way it was.
Sometimes it's truly amazing to see how absolutely terrible libraries, which have nothing but interesting recordings/sonic character, while being packed inside of some terrible sampler, with God awful layout, are getting blindly praised, but when something truly great and very well thought through appears, they suddenly open their "Meh" box.

Last edited:
During the last weekend I finally found a small studio in my city, which has probably every library on this planet. They let me in for the weekend(as they don't work during weekends) and I finally got my hands on MSB and MSS(and SF's Abby Road, but that's different story...).
The brass library is amazing. The sound is convincing, clear, stable, controllable and strong, but in the same time very neutral. I had plenty of doubts before due to all the comments, but all of them disappeared in a few hours of playing with this library. I just can't understand how anyone can dislike it. I understand that we all have different preferences, but this library is objectively good - almost everything is there, the sound is solid, the control is on point, recordings/patches are agile(from full ensemble, to individual player).
I suppose people just didn't pay enough attention to auto divisi stuff and some other features that have to be set for different situations(and the fact that we have this kind of control is great, nothing to complain about).

The only thing I would add to this library is an equivalent of "Monster Brass" patches from CineBrass. I hate the childish tone of CB(no offence to anyone, I understand that it is a good library, it's just a matter of personal taste), and it includes those patches. But the idea of this FFFFFFFFFFFFF dynamic is cool and often useful. While MBS can sound loud and strong, this kind of dynamics is very special and can change the character of MBS even more if they add it as a dynamic layer(just imagine the level of dramatism we would be able to acheave with it 😱).

I also like how natural this library sounds with all kinds of algo reverbs. Ig it's due to that sonic neutrality. Speaking of neutrality - the sound itself is also very agile and responsive: it doesn't matter if you need darker or brighter tone, just use some good clean eq(I used Equilibrium) and it'll sound just like it was recorded this way - a very rare quality tbh.

Long story short, I can go on and on why this library is so great, but my main point is that it does sound strong and sound good. I think this library didn't deserve to be bashed the way it was.
Sometimes it's truly amazing to see how absolutely terrible libraries, which have nothing but interesting recordings/sonic character, while being packed inside of some terrible sampler, with God awful layout, are getting blindly praised, but when something truly great and very well thought through appears, they suddenly open their "Meh" box.
Does Sizzle help get you that extra power?

Does Sizzle help get you that extra power?
I tried it, but didn't like - sounds like it's just a Kontakt's eq. I generally don't use Kontakt effects as they sound really bad compared to dedicated tools.

If you meant my idea of Monster sounds - nope. You can't fake this. Brass instruments have a very big sonic difference from one dynamic to another.

Last edited:
Lack of demos and a somewhat naturally brighter and thinner tone are probably what held MSB back, at least on this forum. The engine is well-engineered and having individual instruments recorded is a rarity. I also imagine the tone is more malleable than wetter libraries, but that has not been sufficiently demonstrated. They've recorded a number of articulations and options (muted brass for example) - though perhaps less dynamic range (3?) than some others (ex. Berlin which should have 5 dynamics very soon). I think some early adopters paid closer to the MSRP price, which may have left a sour taste in their mouths.

Certainly a lot going for it, so a re-launch covering some of those initial questions would be worthwhile IMO.

I was super close to buying this during the sale. Relieved the sale is over so I can stop thinking about it. It really is too much of a blind buy right now in terms of demos, I find the two demos and all the walkthroughs to be too obsessed with showing us the FF layer and not letting is really properly hear the lower dynamics well. And users typically seem to either greatly dislike it and never use it, or absolutely love it and think it needs more attention.

Last edited:

Good job on this. Don't know why it didn't get posted. I hope Audio Bro reconsiders. The lack of actual brass demos on this library has got to be a seriously limiting sales factor.

How would MSB owners compare the legato's to other libraries that they own? Is there much versatility in programming transitions? And how does it handle romantic passages? Do they sound convincing enough?

MSB and MSS are both wonderful and underrated libraries. They are really top-notch quality. Even for the full price they have no real competitor in terms of the content you get. It‘s REALLY a shame that new, hyped string libraries, with a similar price, which are awful, in my opinion, are bought instead. Audiobro should have better marketing. No demos come even close to the quality of the libraries. I would have never expected something like HS/HB or CSS/CSB only listening to the demos.

Sound-wise (character, emotion) and room-wise both libraries are similar to the ones I mentioned earlier. You have full control over your legato transitions and, as said, get many more features + divisi sections + modelled instruments. That makes three libraries in one!

How would MSB owners compare the legato's to other libraries that they own? Is there much versatility in programming transitions? And how does it handle romantic passages? Do they sound convincing enough?
Just to add up to what Pixel said, you can really tweak the transitions in MSB. The main patches offer a ton of control, but for me, the Intuition Series is the unsung hero of this library. Think of it as performance patches, designed for live performance with a keyboard or wind controller. They sound fantastic (I prefer the close+surround mics over the full mix), are extremely flexible, and yet straightforward to program. Props to @dxmachina for the scripting. I only wish AudioBro included the repetition key and short options (especially double tongue) from the main patches.

As for expressive passages, here's an example straight out of Dorico:

View attachment MSB_Dogs_of_War.mp4
View attachment MSB_Kontakt.mp4

Reference track:
View attachment REF_Dogs_of_War.mp3

Just to add up to what Pixel said, you can really tweak the transitions in MSB. The main patches offer a ton of control, but for me, the Intuition Series is the unsung hero of this library. Think of it as performance patches, designed for live performance with a keyboard or wind controller. They sound fantastic (I prefer the close+surround mics over the full mix), are extremely flexible, and yet straightforward to program. Props to @dxmachina for the scripting. I only wish AudioBro included the repetition key and short options (especially double tongue) from the main patches.

Reference track:
Holy smokes! Dogs of War is one of my all time favorite pieces. And this sounds incredible!!

Thanks for these examples. I just pulled the trigger, since this pulled me over the line :)

Ps. How the beep have I not noticed this library for all these years.

Last edited:

Reference track:
Sounds fantastic. I hope we get some better short options in the intuition patches. I think the lower prices will really raise the profile of these libraries.

Top Bottom