What's new

Audio Ollie RCD Acoustic Guitar - Rhythmic Prepared Acoustic Guitar Instrument - Intro Sale Ends In 3 Days

Really, Really enjoying the past hour playing through this instrument, and going to give a big shout out to the creativity in the multis! I seem to be on a never-ending quest to find just the right rhythmic plucks! This is really great stuff!

Also, batch re-save solved my issues with missing content, too, just as an FYI.

@Audio Ollie I haven't been able to find a manual for RDC Acoustic Guitars; what would be the exact difference(s) between "Live" and "Performance" patches?
There is a 200ms offset in the Performance patches, which makes them hard to play live. The Live patches are the same, but with the offset set to 0ms (and as a result, a bit of the attack missing, of course).

- Method 1 : Play your part with the Live patch, then replace the patch with its Performance counterpart, and set a negative delay to your track in your DAW
- Method 2 : Assign the offset button to a CC and add more or less offset depending on what you're doing!

There is a 200ms offset in the Performance patches, which makes them hard to play live. The Live patches are the same, but with the offset set to 0ms (and as a result, a bit of the attack missing, of course).

- Method 1 : Play your part with the Live patch, then replace the patch with its Performance counterpart, and set a negative delay to your track in your DAW
- Method 2 : Assign the offset button to a CC and add more or less offset depending on what you're doing!
Thanks!

Anyway to adjust the offset values in multi with one click? Or I have to manually set the value for each patch in the multi?

Anyway to adjust the offset values in multi with one click? Or I have to manually set the value for each patch in the multi?
If you assign this knob to a CC or Host Automation you can control them all at the same time. That's what I've been doing so far with Nashville Scoring Strings and LAMP :) It's assigned to one of the knobs on my KK keyboard.

If you assign this knob to a CC or Host Automation you can control them all at the same time. That's what I've been doing so far with Nashville Scoring Strings and LAMP :) It's assigned to one of the knobs on my KK keyboard.
Oh great! I’ll look into that! Thanks. So far I love RCD Acoustic Guitar, I’m looking forward to expansions of multis for Uke and of course the future installment of RCD.

Really, Really enjoying the past hour playing through this instrument, and going to give a big shout out to the creativity in the multis! I seem to be on a never-ending quest to find just the right rhythmic plucks! This is really great stuff!

Also, batch re-save solved my issues with missing content, too, just as an FYI.
Awesome! Glad to hear it.
Yeah I really wish there was an easy way to control all the individual instruments in a multi from a single master source all within Kontakt. Emmanuel's suggestion is definitely the best way to go. I think what I'll probably do moving forward is just create a duplicate set for the multis with the LIVE patches like I did for Taste. Glad you're digging it so far. There will definitely be a uke update with the added sequencer additions and some new multis. Ebass, Eguitar, and AcousticBass coming up soon.

This sounds great, really enjoying and using it...maybe as Rousseau said assign a CC to the patches in a multi so say it is #2 all the delay can be taken out on a single slider.

Awesome! Glad to hear it.

Yeah I really wish there was an easy way to control all the individual instruments in a multi from a single master source all within Kontakt. Emmanuel's suggestion is definitely the best way to go. I think what I'll probably do moving forward is just create a duplicate set for the multis with the LIVE patches like I did for Taste. Glad you're digging it so far. There will definitely be a uke update with the added sequencer additions and some new multis. Ebass, Eguitar, and AcousticBass coming up soon.
Maybe it’s time to consider developing Ollie Player, a dedicated player plugin for maximum flexibility and tweakability.

Maybe it’s time to consider developing Ollie Player, a dedicated player plugin for maximum flexibility and tweakability.
Trust me I've definitely considered it! Building multi like capability into a custom player would be a monumental undertaking but I've definitely put a lot of thought into the idea. We shall see...

Here's a little cue for a game I'm working on (topdown SWAT strategy game) which uses the recently released RCD Acoustic Guitar library; Reps + Trem&Bowed are used alongside Spitfire's Feedback EVO from Ambient Guitars for the ambient guitar textures.
Very fun guitar tones, and very useful for keeping that rhythm along the more ambient parts. I'm planning on having RCD Ac Gtr take on a more central position in the next action oriented cue!

Attachments

• NOPLANB_music_mode_domination_plan_postmaster_01_83bpm.mp3
    9.7 MB
@Audio Ollie Is a more detailed walkthrough coming? Or some third party reviews?
There are some reviews in the works that I know of.
Here's a little cue for a game I'm working on (topdown SWAT strategy game) which uses the recently released RCD Acoustic Guitar library; Reps + Trem&Bowed are used alongside Spitfire's Feedback EVO from Ambient Guitars for the ambient guitar textures.
Very fun guitar tones, and very useful for keeping that rhythm along the more ambient parts. I'm planning on having RCD Ac Gtr take on a more central position in the next action oriented cue!
This is sounding really good. Loving the textures in this cue.
The Multi's sound great. Wonderful cue jump-starters.
I'm glad to hear it :)

Top Bottom