What's new

Anybody seen this yet: The Orchestra

Would be very helpful to watch a walkthrough of making a complete track using this library, to get a better feel of how to use the various patches/multis , the engine in a project, the workflow/logic of using this library, when trying to make a fast demo track.

Would be very helpful to watch a walkthrough of making a complete track using this library, to get a better feel of how to use the various patches/multis , the engine in a project, the workflow/logic of using this library, when trying to make a fast demo track.
That's a good request, we have seen a pattern and had it expanded but how do you switch patterns or is it a new instance?

There is nothing in the manual to suggest there is a way to switch patterns by keyswitch. Most of those demos must have been done using multiple instances. While its light enough on memory to do so, its hardly as instant and easy to switch between patterns with separate instances.

Thats the price without tax, not sure what happens if you are outside the UK but its the same price Time & Space are selling it for.

Still not sure about this library. The main missing functionality I see is the ability to switch rhythms/colours on the fly. Being stuck with one rhythm at a time means either loading up loads of instances or living with it.

Seems to me as the Arps and Envelopes are happening in real time, surely it would have been possible to have slots for a set of say 5-10 like they built for Action Strings and Emotive Strings (which uses sampled phrases so probably much more complex to create)?

The concept is good, but its not even as flexible as say Capriccio which has 4 keyswitchable slots.

Ha! ... and lots of instances works against the small footprint ... does it not ??

I think if the samples are loaded it will be a larger memory footprint but if it is DFD it is drawing from the same pool so i doubt it's a huge hit...might be mistaken but I think that's how it works.

I think if the samples are loaded it will be a larger memory footprint but if it is DFD it is drawing from the same pool so i doubt it's a huge hit...might be mistaken but I think that's how it works.

Waaay ignorant here, but seems like some questionable 'practice(s)' ... tryin to emphasize small footprint ??

whataIkno .. :barefoot: Seems like this coulda been a bit larger and still way clear of SA 150GB .... no ??

Sure makes me watch a bit to see how the capable dudes/dudesses here sort this over next several days.

I think the fact that 'The Orchestra' offers all sections of the orchestra as multi-articulation single patches, just like other Orch. Libraries is very nice to have, so it does not have to be used via the engine functionality only, giving the user lots of flexibility, and options to use what is needed to produce a track. Although the emphasis is not on this, but rather on the Engine functionality, and how it makes layering various sections a cool feature.

I wonder can I decide which articulation of a Section I load into one of the Engine's slots ?

I was also thinking it would have been nice if the Engine offered a 'Velocity' range that one can decide to trigger a specific layer. I'm guessing that having quite a few Engine instances loaded for various sections of a track's orchestration needs would be one way to go about using this library, but I'm just guessing.

Any feedback from those who already purchased it, and experimented with 'The Orchestra' would be very enlightening, and helpful.

A question for anyone who has this yet - can you compose in different time signatures such as 7/4 7/8 and 5/4 and 5/8?
I'm guessing you can, but it would be good to know exactly if this is available with this Library. Thanks :)

A question for anyone who has this yet - can you compose in different time signatures such as 7/4 7/8 and 5/4 and 5/8?
I'm guessing you can, but it would be good to know exactly if this is available with this Library. Thanks :)

Yea there are few options in the rhythmic section 5/4 and 5/8. If you need 7/4 then you do 2x speed to 7/8. But serioulsy if you need to compose lets say 13/8, all the staccato patches are separated for you to use without any rhythm of phrases.

Yea there are few options in the rhythmic section 5/4 and 5/8. If you need 7/4 then you do 2x speed to 7/8. But serioulsy if you need to compose lets say 13/8, all the staccato patches are separated for you to use without any rhythm of phrases.
Hi there, Thank you for that info. Much appreciated. Steve :)

Hi there, Thank you for that info. Much appreciated. Steve :)
I think also if you watch through Don's walkthough (on previous page), you can see all the different time signature options. The walkthrough answered a lot of questions I had, so is worth spending the time to watch, even though it is 50 mins.

I think also if you watch through Don's walkthough (on previous page), you can see all the different time signature options. The walkthrough answered a lot of questions I had, so is worth spending the time to watch, even though it is 50 mins.
Hi Mark, yes, that's good advice. Thanks for that. I'll give it a watch then. Thanks, Steve :)

For me the short articulations like staccatos sound static. Did anybody read or hear, if there are round robins?
Thanks

Been playing with it a bit today. Man its gunna start off so many cues for me. For me its falling into the inspiration category, being able to set up cool rhythmic stuff with the arps and envelopes means I can block out a good sounding backbone in a few minutes just by changing the chords about a bit.

I do wish the arp had a step sequencer (kinda like the one we did in our Project series) where you can set which key of the notes you are holding ie 1-2-2-1-2-2-1-3 which would be bottom-middle-middle-bottom etc

The tone of the lib is pretty decent but for me I wish this was the library I had starting out. The innovation in this lib is def coming from the layering engine part, like I said it just drives inspiration.

Def gunna be making my life easier, worth it.

-DJ

Been playing with it a bit today. Man its gunna start off so many cues for me. For me its falling into the inspiration category, being able to set up cool rhythmic stuff with the arps and envelopes means I can block out a good sounding backbone in a few minutes just by changing the chords about a bit.

I do wish the arp had a step sequencer (kinda like the one we did in our Project series) where you can set which key of the notes you are holding ie 1-2-2-1-2-2-1-3 which would be bottom-middle-middle-bottom etc

The tone of the lib is pretty decent but for me I wish this was the library I had starting out. The innovation in this lib is def coming from the layering engine part, like I said it just drives inspiration.

Def gunna be making my life easier, worth it.

-DJ

Any plans to do one of your epic walk through videos for it?

So those of us on the fence can see how it's used to create a whole track...

Do you think you'll just use it as a starting point / inspiration, then re-do what you created using other libraries, or is it production ready so to speak?

i have to say this is the most fun and inspirational library i ever bought.
I spend hours now just doodling around, creating new rythms, new combis, and it never gets tiring on me. The sound quality is sometimes incredible, few times only good, but always a delight!

I don't know yet how to implement it in further tracks, but i am sure i will use it a lot, even as a starting point, or just layering it beneath.

Very good job done!

And what i really hope @SONUSCORE : Please extend further the possibilities of this great library and give us some more control types to play around. I think there were many good suggestions over the last days.

oh and one thing:
i find it a bit tricky to play, because sustain pedal is not working. Maybe there is something i have overseen. any suggestion would help ;)

Reactions: IFM
i have to say this is the most fun and inspirational library i ever bought.

I don't know yet how to implement it in further tracks, but i am sure i will use it a lot, even as a starting point, or just layering it beneath.

I've heard this a few times now and it's what's stopping me pulling the trigger. Is the instant gratification of hitting a chord and having a preset motif play going to wear off, and we go back to working as we always have?

Top Bottom