What's new

All VI Freebie contributions Here!

That's what makes you special Bee, you can acknowledge truths.

Yeah, I'm holding out hoping that a wild sale will appear.
I can’t remember what MDE individually sold for during last year’s Holiday sale but I bought the MDE bundle MDE & MDE Stereo that normally sells (list) 199 on sale for 119.
fwiw list individually for the two MDE versions are 99 & 149,
So soon as I saw 119 it was a instant purchase,lol
It might be a few months but DDMF does have sales.

https://www.westwoodinstruments.com/roots/

The first in a series of free Kontakt Player libraries from Westwood Instruments.

Issue 1: Untold Strings
Strings transfigured into a mesmerising wall of sound. For any story; real, imaginary or that blurry place between the two.

Made from the violas in our award-winning library, Novella Origin
Just uploaded a demo, if anybody's interested:

Yes, thanks I have just tried that and it works.
I'm not sure why I was sent an email with details on how to use Pulse?
:grin:
Seems like they send a generic receipt email, with descriptions of both the Pulse process, and the Native Access process, and small-print caveats for product ranges that don't use one or the other. I would have missed it, and been trying Pulse all morning, but your post warned me to read the mail closely.

Waves Kramer HLS Channel free today..Click on the "Get the Freebie" button halfway down.

Last edited:
Loops de la creme have made a taster sample pack of the forthcoming Aquatic Drumkit available as pay what you want. It includes 37 one shots, 5 soundscapes and sounds incredible.
Seems like @boogaju is knocking it out of the perc again!

I'm getting an Out-of-Licenses message for Westwood Instruments Roots-Untold Strings.

Paj
8^)

Edit: Update: Just got an email from them with a link to successfully complete the transaction. All is well.

Last edited:
Here is a fully fledged electric bass guitar (5GB) library available for free!
That said, you have to work a bit to get it to work:

After you download, make sure you open the accompanying Chronos Bass v2 Output Configuration.cfg file with Kontakt (on Mac; right click file->Open With->Kontakt), then in Kontakt, open the Chronos Bass v2 (Automatic mode) patch (MIDI channel should be set to omni), and then open the Outputs window (View->Outputs), click "Presets / Batch Configurations", then "Batch functions->Clear output section and create one individual channel for each loaded instrument", and then resave the patch.

Last edited:
I came across this free shimmer reverb this morning - figured the VIC crew might like to know

EDITED: The download button is not on the page... they simply send the links to the mail provided.

Last edited:
Here is the latest free or pay-what-you-want VI from SampleScience:

It is called "Majestic Celesta" and is available for Windows and Mac in VST, VST3, and AU formats. Don't expect some deep sampling here; VIs from SampleScience are more about experimentation and sound design. They also have characteristic and recognizable GUI.

Here is another Decent Sampler-only library from Pianobook I learned about by accident:

I have featured a lot of Pianobook instruments in my music, but have rarely encountered a library made for Decent Sampler only that piqued my interest. This is one of those. It has three articulations, three dynamic layers, and three RRs. The GUI is highly polished too. The only downside is a bit restricting playable range. On the other hand, this is probably more authentic.

I hope to try this out soon.

Top Bottom