What's new

Abbey Road One Selections/Foundation Info

Does Soaring High strings have more then 1 legato type (depending on the velocity of the connected note?)

In the walkthrough video, I'm hearing the expected slurred legato, but when notes seem to be played with a higher velocity or quicker, they sound like a "legato run" type quicker transition without the micro-portamento. CSS works like this, giving you 3 different legato transitions, depending on the velocity of the connected note.

I don't own own Soaring Strings, but am looking to get it on sale - $34 seems like a no brainer. I only own Abbey Road Foundations, and CSS for strings. Thoughts?
The specs are on the product page. It pairs well with CSS. No brainer indeed. :)

Does Soaring High strings have more then 1 legato type (depending on the velocity of the connected note?)
Yes, It has 2. The half slurred half portamento legato and a run legato. The former is triggered by playing normally at any velocity. The later is triggered by plating fast (basically, doing runs).

It also has two controls that affects the legato: the release control and a legato offset. Look at the manual for more info.

The specs are on the product page. It pairs well with CSS. No brainer indeed. :)

Yes, It has 2. The half slurred half portamento legato and a run legato. The former is triggered by playing normally at any velocity. The later is triggered by plating fast (basically, doing runs).

It also has two controls that affects the legato: the release control and a legato offset. Look at the manual for more info.
Yeah it seems like, in the walkthough, when Paul is playing slowly but at low velocity has a non-slurred legato, maybe i'm just hearing things.

Its sounds beautifully, but the bumpy legato in some of the intervalls is irritating. Its duable to reduce it with mixing though.

Last edited:
Its sounds beautifully, but the bumpy legato in some of the intervalls is irritating. Its duable to reduce it with mixing though.
Yeah, for low dynamics I'd recommend only using the sustains since the legato is probably only recorded with a higher dynamic layer. The focus is obviously on lyrical soaring melodic lines so I think they designed the lower dynamics to be used more for crescendos/diminuendos rather than pianissimo legato playing.

Top Bottom