What's new

8dio Intimate Studio Strings (compared to VSL Elite Strings?)

Hi! My intimate strings are taking forever to unpack. The website says i should restart etc. BUt did not fix. Should invite some intimate friend to watch it unpacking this sunday, or is really something going wrong?

the library is 40 gb
the downloader is broken and 8D knows it. Just download the samples and unpack.

You aren't seriously asking someone to compare VSL Elite Strings to 8Dio Intimate Strings?
The short answer is you are comparing Prime Rib (VSL Elite) to the meat left on the soup bones (8Dio Intimate Strings)....and the truth is I love most 8Dio products.
May I ask -seriously - Why Not ? is there a law against it in this forum ?
The short answer is you are comparing Prime Rib (VSL Elite) to the meat left on the soup bones (8Dio Intimate Strings)....and the truth is I love most 8Dio products.
Okay ,that *might* be the short answer: But it's not because you don't own the 8Dio ISS ,so you can't really compare. or Can you?

8D Intimate strings, Violins especially has a beautiful legato and lyricism in the arcs that VSL Elite does not have. That is more straightforward with those items. And to control section sizes completely is cool in 8DioISS

While I disagree with the Prime Rib comparison, which is rather silly, I'm not really sure these two libraries can be compared at all. They serve different purposes, IMO. Intimate strings are very "in your face" with their sound, which can be extremely useful in certain circumstances—particularly when layering.

The shorts have a lot of bite to them, the legatos are smooth, and there seem to be far more articulations that VSL offers. But we're talking a very small ensemble, and while the VSL version is only slightly larger in section size, it has a completely different sound. So it really comes down to what you prefer.

Honestly, the way 8Dio is having bargain basement sales these days, I don't how owning Intimate Strings could be anything but a no-brainer. But everyone's mileage varies.

May I ask -seriously - Why Not ? is there a law against it in this forum ?

Okay ,that *might* be the short answer: But it's not because you don't own the 8Dio ISS ,so you can't really compare. or Can you?
***2 years later***
Of course there is no law against it, but that doesn't mean people should go around making silly comparisons.
I'm not saying that 8Dio Intimate Strings is unplayable by any means, but no one in their right mind is going to attempt to compare it to VSL Synchron Elite Strings.
And yes.....I have used Intimate Strings.

***2 years later***
Of course there is no law against it, but that doesn't mean people should go around making silly comparisons.
I'm not saying that 8Dio Intimate Strings is unplayable by any means, but no one in their right mind is going to attempt to compare it to VSL Synchron Elite Strings.
And yes.....I have used Intimate Strings.
***2years later *** would had been a valid point for irony ,but ,sadly and for your very bad luck it so happened that 8Dio chose to put Intimate Strings on sale just a few days ago.My post was posted during that sale.
(So yes it's quite justified to talk about a product currently on sale ,to state the obvious)
but no one in their right mind is going to attempt to compare it to VSL Synchron Elite Strings.
Again this is backed by ZERO arguments .You are of course entitled to your opinion but there are no grounds to support these statements.Unless you can present a valid reason that consistutes comparison silly ,your statement means nothing to me.

Last edited:
You aren't seriously asking someone to compare VSL Elite Strings to 8Dio Intimate Strings?
The short answer is you are comparing Prime Rib (VSL Elite) to the meat left on the soup bones (8Dio Intimate Strings)....and the truth is I love most 8Dio products. Even if you only watch the walk-through and listen to the demos, it’s pretty apparent.

Two years later, I still agree that this is a strange comparison. Even if all you do is watch the walk-through and listen to the demos, it’s pretty apparent.

Two years later, I still agree that this is a strange comparison. Even if all you do is watch the walk-through and listen to the demos, it’s pretty apparent.
it is one thing to actually listen to the demos and compare ...and it's another to say "there is no comparison" and saying that before hand dismissing any actual comparison.Everyone is entitled to their opinion. But no comparison at all ? Oh please :thats muting contrasting opinions

Last edited:
Again this is backed by ZERO arguments.
it is one thing to actually listen to the demos and compare ...and it's another to say "there is no comparison".Everyone is entitles to their opinion. But no comparison at all ? Oh please :thats muting contrasting opinions
But it's just their opinion that, "there is no comparison".
These are all just opinions and nobody needs to argue anything or justify what they say, surely!
This isn't a peer reviewed scientific paper.

Wouldn't 'muting' suggest that your opinion was removed/hidden?
It's there to be seen, so that language can be seen as reactionary and also inaccurate.

People could use 'gentler language' to convey their opinions at times and their tone can trigger us.
I use the mute feature at times as I don't want to interact with people that I find too brash.

But it's just their opinion that, "there is no comparison".
while I totally agree with the spirit of your comment ,specific sentences mean specific things.So it would be better be written starting as "IMO here is no comparison" because it makes it clearer for everyone.
On the other hand ,as it is written ,it means there is NO comparison whatsoever (not in his opinion)

Last edited:
Hey....if you don't like my comparison...then that's fine. But the fact is, I own Elite Strings, and I have used and very thoroughly tested out 8Dio Intimate Strings.

At the end of the day, there is simply no scenario of music where I would replace Elite Strings with 8Dio Intimate Strings.....ever. That's my opinion...that's my review. If you don't like what I have to say or how I said it....so be it. I'm not going to lose any sleep over your thoughts on what I originally posted.

Just because it's obvious you don't like my analogies.....I'll give you another one.

When was the last time you read Car and Driver magazine where someone wrote up a comparison of a Ford Escape to a Lambo? Again....it never happens....and for the same reason people don't compare Prime Rib to soup bones. Elite Strings is the Lambo, and Intimate Strings is the Ford Escape.

I'm not going to waste my time making a 'point by point' comparison of the 2. There is nothing to compare.

Wouldn't 'muting' suggest that your opinion was removed/hidden?
It's there to be seen, so that language can be seen as reactionary and also inaccurate.
let's think about it for a moment :someone says something ,most members of the community agree with him and support him :the disagreeing person might be seen as black sheeps.....
so it is a kind of muting

Last edited:
let's think about it for a moment :someone says something ,most members of the community agree with him and support him :the disagreeing person might be seen as black sheeps.....
so it is a kind of muting
Just because a consensus emerges, that doesn’t mean that other opinions aren’t allowed.
I can’t personally relate to the term muting in this context.
Maybe it’s commonly used in certain circles but for me it’s a loaded term and unhelpful.

Top Bottom