What's new

Afflatus Brass? - Strezov "The Adventure Continues"

Has anyone else has problems with audible artifacts in these samples? Probably from the noise reduction processing. I took we a while to notice but now it’s pretty tough to unhear.

Since it seems we’ll be waiting quite a while for updates, might I’d be possible this is something @StrezovSampling will be looking into as well?
Yes but very minor, overall very satisfied with the library nonetheless!

Too anyone who owns this library:

Has anyone else has problems with audible artifacts in these samples? Probably from the noise reduction processing. I took we a while to notice but now it’s pretty tough to unhear.

Since it seems we’ll be waiting quite a while for updates, might I’d be possible this is something @StrezovSampling will be looking into as well?
Yes

it’s just not me then. Good to know.

I think I’ve mostly been annoying by it in the standard horns and trumpets patches. In the lower half of the dynamic range. Same for you guys?

Too anyone who owns this library:

Send us an email please and specify patches and notes, so we don't miss it. We will for sure have a look at this. :)

The entire midrange of the 4-horn legato, F above middle c to the C above…you know, kind of the sweet spot of a horn register?
Out of curiosity, I just loaded up that specific instrument in Logic Pro, turned off the reverb, and played over and over in that register.

If there are artifacts, I can't hear them.

I've noticed it most with legatos, sometimes marcatos, and almost always when crossfading thru dynamic layers. You can very clearly hear it on the horns here multiple times, also listen for it to jump to the right side of the stereo field briefly on d3 at measure 3 beat 3, and the trumpets at the end when it jumps up in dynamics. Sort of a warbly artifact. It's most problematic with the ensemble horns though, no doubt. Haven't found it with the solos yet and never noticed it really with the trumpets until @Beats mentioned it and now I do hear it but I have to search for it. The horns though it distracted me from day one. I have given this info to Strezov and have no doubt they will take care of it as they always do generous updates.

Attachments

• 2023-12-23 20-10-20.mp4
    13.7 MB
Last edited:
I've noticed it most with legatos, sometimes marcatos, and almost always when crossfading thru dynamic layers. You can very clearly hear it on the horns here multiple times, also listen for it to jump to the right side of the stereo field briefly on d3 at measure 3 beat 3, and the trumpets at the end when it jumps up in dynamics. Sort of a warbly artifact. It's most problematic with the ensemble horns though, no doubt. Haven't found it with the solos yet and never noticed it really with the trumpets until @Beats mentioned it and now I do hear it but I have to search for it. The horns though it distracted me from day one. I have given this info to Strezov and have no doubt they will take care of it as they always do generous updates.
Ah, NOW I hear it, if I hold the notes that long, which I probably would never do, but yes, it's there.

Maybe @StrezovSampling or someone else can shed some light on the performance patches of the curated ensembles.

In the performance patch I find 3 articulations: legato, sustain & staccato.

But in the "normal" curated ensembles folder I only find patches with legato + sustain, no staccato. Are the staccatos in the performance patches sourced from original recordings or are these clevery edited from the sustains?

I am asking because I would like to create expression maps for the curated ensembles but don't know where to find the staccatos isolated for mapping them.

Top Bottom