What's new

8Dio 60% sale using code 60DIO - Silka FREE with spend over $250

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotta hand it to you Brits. You have the best humour. No discussion.

Sometimes a random sentence from Hitchhikers’ Guide pops up in my head and I laugh out loud.

“The Vogon spaceships hung in the sky much in the same way bricks don’t” is a sentence of such quality it HAS to end up in some “best literature of the twentieth century canon”

I digress. Right. Salsa research it is.
The brick actually does hang weightless (in freefall) depending on your point of reference.

All objects appear to fall at the same rate because they are not accelerating (inertial frame of reference). They're just following a straight line through the curvature of spacetime until they encounter an object that stops them.

The Earth in this case, moving through spacetime at 9.8 m/s², accelerates into them. It's at this point during the process of rapidly accelerating from "weightless" (freefall) to "weighted" (accelerating) that the real damage is done... :eek: (I know, overly simplistic explaination...)

That's why a bowling ball and a marble both hit the ground at the same time when dropped...

Last edited:
The brick actually does hang weightless (in freefall) depending on your point of reference.

All objects appear to fall at the same rate because they are not accelerating (inertial frame of reference). They're just following a straight line through the curvature of spacetime until they encounter an object that stops them.

The Earth in this case, moving through spacetime at 9.8 m/s², accelerates into them. It's at this point during the process of rapidly accelerating from "weightless" (freefall) to "weighted" (accelerating) that the real damage is done... :eek: (I know, overly simplistic explaination...)

That's why a bowling ball and a marble both hit the ground at the same time when dropped...
That was an AWESOME post! ❤️

I'm kind of baffled by the ones here who couldn't make up their minds about Anthology for $44 and missed out......like what else do you want?

I think I can speak for all when I say that in the history of any sales on virtual instruments for a string library, that there has never been a sale even close to this. What you get (or would have got) for $44 dollars is nothing short of an outright steal. It's a complete string library....and a nice sounding one at that.....and then....for $6 dollars, you get the rest of the Adagio stuff to go with it.

It goes on sale for less than $100 bucks here and there, but good luck ever seeing it for $44 dollars again. Not feeling sorry for those who missed out because they couldn't make up their minds.
Not to mention the fact it was on sale at $88 for 3+ months prior to the 50% off discount code with the option of using any of our Custom Bundle Maker codes on it as well... Just saying.
(broken link removed)

Artisan Brass is a fantastic addition for those already owning the rest of Century Brass though...

That being said: @8Dio News - I too am convinced that it was David Gilmour @robgb who was responsible for a lot of people being aware of the original Anthology deal. Because of him I went and got it (and while I was at it, also got... oh let’s see... Neo 1, ALL Ostinato products including the new winds, AGE bundle, a bunch of Blendstruments, Blackbird, Circle Strings, Everwave and Legion 66 + Batucada). Whaddasay? Can’t we give the poor fellow a nice package filled to the brim with all of Century Strings and Brass, wrapped with a beautiful red ribbon? (In a figure 8 ofcourse).

Make a media moment out of it. @robgb is the Kudell of the 8Dio Universe. My own fanboyism pales in comparison.

❤️

Stressing over which libraries to purchase with a 50% off 8Dio coupon that doesn't have a limit on the number of times you can use it. Probably not too good on the heart. Lol
Since I'm in the neighborhood, do I get an additional "bandwidth saver's discount" if I stop by the office and pick up my order? ;)

Having my first coffee of the day. Reading a quote from one of my favourite films in a post on the internet written by an intelligent person, who disagrees with my pov yet is extremely polite and uses real arguments to reason with me.

Yep, life can be great!
Thanks, Doc, the feeling is mutual. I thoroughly enjoy reading your posts, respect your opinions and appreciate your keen sense of humor. More often than not I do believe we're on the same page. :)

Burroughs! Made me think of this fantastic documentary, where we see Bowie using the “cut up technique” while my absolutely FAVOURITE rendition of Sweet Thing plays in the background. 10.31 onwards. Whenever I watch this, and that sax / guitar solo passage starts.... goosebumps all over.

Not to mention the fact it was on sale at $88 for 3+ months prior to the 50% off discount code with the option of using any of our Custom Bundle Maker codes on it as well... Just saying.
(broken link removed)
Yes, we know! Please kick some of us that didn’t buy, please! :shocked:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom